Alamo National

Alamo National Employee Reviews

Canada29 reviews
i worked while trying to juggle family and school life was very difficult and ended up taking a toll on my work, good people to work with and reasonable managers and work place.
Cleaning rental vehicles interior and exterior, inspecting vehicles for damage, parking vehicles at airport stalls, driving to various locations in the city to pick up vehicles in service, provide shuttle rides for customers to/from rental office, and pick up dirty rentals from airport stalls. The workplace culture is great, management is very accommodating to your scheduling needs as long as you are reliable and hardworking.
Lacks management, all employees are underpaid and very Negative environment and no one is happy. Its an unmotivated environment and management is all about making money for them selfes
I learned to clean cars well and quickly.
fun driving cars and sometimes delivering cars to various locations across Manitoba.

the hardest part of the job was cleaning the vehicles in the winter when the temperatures were very cold.

overall I think it was and is a good work environment for people who like new cars/trucks.
Pros
good flexible amount of hours
Cons
n/a
was happy working at Alamo National.co-operate well with managers and other staff members.work both in and outside to satisfy customer expectations as required
Pros
bonus and free lunches
Cons
maximum hours
Get used to a lot of walking back and forth as well as the constant sound from a carwash. if you're a gas attendant consider yourself lucky as compared to the interior cleaners truly do the hard work. They vacuum and wipe the whole car. If you're looking for hours this isnt the place as the seniority scoops most of it up. Its a really tiring job especially on sundays they have upwards of 1000 cars.
Pros
Drive north american cars
Cons
drive north american cars
company overall good, pay is good, staff are good, management was better before they got bought off by enterprise but it remains a good place to work.
Loved working here. Great work environment. Great pay. No room for advancement unfortunately which was my only complaint. Great and understanding management.
There was a lot of laughs that helped the day go by. Worked with a good group of people, activities were planned outside of work hours, was not my favorite place to work, but I didn't totally hate it.
Every day was different, whether I was driving cars between locations or just doing rentals at the counter. I loved the people I worked with! The most enjoyable part of the job was making customers happy.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Alamo National?
The owner and manager really care about the staff. I learned a lot about the car rental industry, because the manager was willing to teach me anything I was willing to learn. Great place to work.
The location I worked for is no longer in business. The office was not well kept. The hours were too long and now enough pay. The owner was very shady.
Great place to work for it was next to National Car Rental, my co-workers were the best. Hardest part was being let go.Most enjoyable was the commission.
Typical days as a part time employee are rather stress free, and just requires interaction with customers and knowledge of the Odyssey rental program. The rental program can be a bit daunting at first, but once you get the hang of it, this job is great.
Everyday comes with different challenges, different kinds of customers. Every situation is like a new learning experience. Management is amazing, very flexible and they help you grow.

My co-workers are amazing, cannot really complain much. The hardest part of my job is trying to make sure every customer gets the category of car they are booked in for.

Most enjoyable part of my job is the part where I get to sell to customers, compare my sales with my fellow co-workers.
Pros
An Hour Lunch, Bonus Pay
Cons
Sales and service go hand to hand, if your service isn't excellent, your sales will be at a low. Managing a team can be hard but, providing a fun workplace where every employee is happy can help meet goals and quotas. Hard part on the job? most it can be is challenging, if a task is taken with determination and passion, it can be easily turned into an enjoyable and interesting task to accomplish.
National gave me a wonderful opportunity to get into management and I acquired a lot of insight into management and also gained a lot of self confidence from this position. Learned how to manage and grow with staff. With the right training also honed my skills in dealing with major clients and bringing them on board therefore enhancing the branch bottom line .Daily routine was to ensure enough inventory to meet the days demand, Daily staff meetings to make certain all inventory on the lot was clean and ready. Answered queries from various clients.
Pros
satisfaction in knowing days demands were met.clients appreciated our service
Cons
A typical day consisted of preparing and detailing rental vehicles for customer use. Along with that checking cars in and out of the Hamilton airport. Management was unorganized at times and some senior co-workers displayed poor attitudes. Hardest part of the job was working solo sometimes and balancing the demand for out going cars and checking in cars. Thoroughly enjoy driving and thus enjoyed working with the different vehicles.
Pros
Working with different cars
Cons
Lack of organization
I have been working here since June 2011 and I have had a great time. I am still currently working for this company. I enjoy working with everyone in this company from coworkers to management. All my managers are easily approachable if I have any questions or concerns.

My days are very busy and the shift times varies. Sometimes I get called in 5AM and sometimes I have had to work until 1 AM during busy times. They are 8 hour shifts but I work overtime if requested by management.

My typical days are moving rental vehicles to their required stations. And there has been times hen I have moved 100 cars or even more when it is busy. I have to check all vehicles for any damage, cleanliness and follow all guidelines.
Pros
The team, work flexibility and benefits when working overtime.
We clean and return all the rental vehicles to Toronto Pearson Airport. It is fast paced with long shifts.
This job had a little bit of stress and some shift work. Overall I enjoyed working at National/Alamo Car Rental.
Cons
Shift work
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alamo National. Our community is ready to answer.