Airgas Employee Reviews

Found 8 reviews matching the search See all 1,185 reviews
Stressful management
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC11 September 2018
Airgas has good training and is all about safety, relax and get the job done safely. Once you're on your own, inner management pushes you to rush and loads on more work.
Pros
good wage and benefits
Cons
Location management is not on the same page.
Great Opportunities
Regional Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WA19 July 2018
I started out as Inside Sales and was able to take advantage of the company's scholarship assistance program to earn my BS. I applied for an open management position and was promoted after my first couple years in the company. I was promoted, again, a few years ago to a role that matches my BS degree. Now I'm back in school earning my MBA through Airgas... FOR FREE!!!!
Great opportunities for those willing to put in the extra effort. They don't just give away promotions, the associates need to earn them.
Pros
Free continuing education
I love to work with different people and different nations
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 December 2017
People are friendly and I learned lots of things that I can used for the future.

The hardest part of the job is to deal with a rude and mean office mate and the most enjoyable part of the job is with free lunch with everyone
Pros
Most are friendly
Cons
Healthy environment
Mixed thoughts.
Cylinder Fill Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 November 2017
(back when AirGas Canada was bought out by AirGas USA, prior to AirGas Air Liquide) Guys were awesome to work for. Managed ourselves for three months after manager quit. The new manager which eventually took over the role was an awesome guy. Employees in crucial positions were never replaced once they left the company. Moral was low because of wage decrease. Actions of refusing to authorize purchasing of needed parts to maintain equipment and reluctance to hire people were suspect of head office attempting to ruin the company from within. After I left, the place I worked was quickly closed and my old job was outsourced, likely for reasons "hard times", but I know it was engineered as the guy making decisions admitted that he hated our line of business. Really sad to see they were sold off, but Air Liquide is a awesome company and means that there were likely improvements after I left. I miss working there as I really enjoyed the job as a fill tech. I would entertain giving these guys another try for employment but cannot recommend them as I am no longer familiar with their operations after the changeover of hands.
Pros
straight forward job, clear expectations.
Cons
Business gave up on itself, no reason to sink with the boat.
Ok
Filler (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 May 2017
Was part of the buy out and was treated like a second class employee. Company OK but needs betters structure, the old time folks are bitter and negative, has a profound impact on the attitude of all.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
Outdated staff
Accounting
AR Specialist (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 December 2015
In charge of AR. With hundred of customers had to make sure to keep the again respectable.

Small company and got to know everyone. Didn't pay too well though
the company itself was clean and well-kept
Sales Support/Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GA19 December 2014
It is a fun and well-kept company. It is not only one of the largest gas suppliers for medical, industrial, and hard goods gases; however, here at this company everyone is treated with the utmost respect.The hardest part of the job was my last day, which was only because my job was through a temp-agency.