Aird & Berlis LLP Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Don't
Law Clerk/Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 February 2018
If you're looking for a human resources support in a time of need this is not a good firm for you. Any type of advancement involves mainly salary the lower of the salary get the position. Salary is low compared to other downtown firms . They do not give out bonuses throughout the year like others just a minimum raise in January. Staff is friendly and what keeps you going. My suggestion is to shop around other firms and compare mainly the money factor as that's what families in this generation need to look for in employment along with fair HR Department and fair management. Good luck with what you choose.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Many on mental health leave
Official response from Aird & Berlis LLP
27 March 2018

We appreciate your feedback and we're sorry to hear your perception of our Human Resources Department, in particular.
There are many factors behind a decision for advancing a staff member internally. We have had many individuals who have been able to remain at the firm while advancing to other positions, at all levels, through our internal postings.
Aird & Berlis offers a great work environment and culture, which is evident in our low turnover and high morale. We continually strive to listen to our firm members so that we can enhance their experience.

Fun Summer Job
Receptionist (Summer/Vacation) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2017
Great place to work when trying to dip your toes in the legal field. Helpful and friendly staff. Friendly management. Simple clerical duties. enjoyable
Pros
Networking in legal field
Great law firm
Contract Administrator Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 August 2014
- nice staff
- lots of amenities, coffee, fruits
- located near union station
Beware
LEGAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 August 2014
Beware of working here. Remember that you're just a number and easily replaceable. Management and HR are not on your side and if you have any complaints you are better off keeping them to yourself or run the risk of being fired,
Official response from Aird & Berlis LLP
9 January 2018

Thank you for your feedback of your experience working at Aird & Berlis LLP. We strive to achieve an environment that is friendly, supportive and respectful of everyone. Aird & Berlis LLP encourages and welcomes feedback and takes any complaints seriously.
We continue to learn and listen to individuals such as yourself, and we will make every effort to grow as a firm which all members are proud to be part of.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aird & Berlis LLP. Our community is ready to answer.

Aird & Berlis LLP Reviews by Location