AIR WEST MECHANICAL

AIR WEST MECHANICAL Employee Reviews

Canada7 reviews

100% Best company for opportunity

I was working at another company just doing the same thing and the boss kept a "ceiling above me". Ever since coming to Air West, my service manager, dispatch and the owners are always asking me what I would like to do and thanking me for my work today.What other boss thanks you every time he sees you.Others in the company have had personal problems and work allowed them to work modified schedules.Im very thankful to be working here.

Lots of learning and wide experience

I started in an elementary position but was able to work myself into a higher role. They saw the potential in me and helped me grow. I have seen others growing with this company, as well, if they put the effort in.

Insights into AIR WEST MECHANICAL

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Busy and fun place to work with a strong emphasis on "family"

This company did tell me that they are busy and they are. I always get the time off needed when i ask though.The owner visited me on sites to make sure that I am doing well and to ask about my family.

Pros

The family feeling and always being challenged

Cons

they only buy me breakfast and do company events every 2 or 3 weeks... and not every week =-)

Your last option only

They exploit you as much as you will let them then fire you when you resist, always try to find a way not to pay you for your time, you need to do work off hours unpaid, crazy high turn over of employees, they don’t follow trade regulation and skirt environmentally and labour laws, ZERO Job security, you have to expense a lot and wait to be reimbursed and then told you need to pay for that, your expected to get your vehicle services oil changes on your time unpaid, they have a terrible reputation in the region even the wholesales joke about them, I tried to get them work and was laughed at.

Pros

Easy company to start your apprenticeship

Cons

Everything else

No proper training

On a typical day, you are expected to start on time but once you get to site, there is no paid drive time to pick up supplies. You are expected to expense everything and it may take up to 6 weeks before you see your money back. Tools are not provided, you are expected to buy $3000 worth of tools and be on your own in 2 weeks. Company is not interested in your apprenticeship, they rather pay you so they own you knowing you cannot leave and go anywhere else. I would not recommend this company as CEO micro managed everything.

Would not recommend.

Terrible work life balance. Underpaid and overworked, this is a sink or swim environment with minimal/no training. I would not recommend working here.

Pros

N/a

Cons

fast paced, sink or swim

if you can't learn it in the first two weeks, you won't make it. Management barely believes in properly training their staff. Profit margins come before anything else, including pay. Low employee retention speaks to the style of management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AIR WEST MECHANICAL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement