Air Products

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Supportive environment

Friendly Environment - Good Organization

All in All the Experience is excellent, AP is a high performance organization.For Engineers, Management listens to their ideas, encourage creativity and innovation.Every month there is an announcement related to a new pilot project or new technology acquired by the company.I do really enjoy working for Air Products.

Pros

Innovation, creativity, new project, no comfort zones

Cons

Company processes needs more attention

Solid place to work

Great place to work. Gotta be a good driver and work safe. Fantastic equipment 33 years and then I retired . Enjoyed top pay with benefits and pension. Safety bonus 4 times a year. Uniforms and boots supplied

Pros

Top notch equipment. The best in the business. Top pay and benefits. Average pension. A solid 401 K.

Cons

70 hr work week. Start times based on seniority. Took 24 years to be Monday to Friday

Good pay

Operators are eas going, the job is easy most of the time. The shift is not that busy. However, they hire only 2nd Class (or almost there); the wage is highly competitive.

Poor management locally.

The Edmonton site is plagued by poor managers locally. It is a very interesting place to work and you will learn a lot. Managers are poorly trained and have little ability to be effective in there rolls. I regret taking the position there.

Pros

learning

Cons

No room for progress, managers are hard to deal with. Dangerous gas to work with

blah

Air products is American based As such they try to run their jobs American style Ignoring Canadian rules and regs Management was bigoted and demeaning in morning meeting

Pros

Cons

too many to list

Growing company

Since my experience there dates back to 1985 I can't really comment on the company's mind frame today. Back then it was a very nice experience. I am sure they are still a great company to work for.

Worked there for 30 years, was a great place to work. Learned a lot from the employers and advanced through various positions. Great salary and benefits package.

Great Team

Great team with wonderful diversity of skills with a special focus on supporting business partners to meet client needs. Excellent product safety programs.

Pros

Great training.

Great Company to work for

Both employees and management are great, they are always looking for ways to improve the work load and environment, I would recommend Air Products to anyone looking for a great place to work.

learning and safety highly encouraged

The plant required monthly maintenance and many startups and shutdowns during my time there. Each one had its own trouble starting up and shutting down respectively and learning was always on the daily task list. Safety is taken very seriously around the plant. The plant itself has a very clean environment as far as plants go.

Very good people to work with.

Air Products has a great staff and very good people to work with. However, in recent years with the change of the upper management, the company is not the same as when I joined. Enjoyed my time with the company.

Pros

The co-workers

Cons

Ongoing restructuring

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air Products. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement