Air Products

Air Products Employee Reviews

Canada9 reviews
blah
Air products is American based
As such they try to run their jobs American style

Ignoring Canadian rules and regs

Management was bigoted and demeaning in morning meeting
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Good pay
Operators are eas going, the job is easy most of the time. The shift is not that busy. However, they hire only 2nd Class (or almost there); the wage is highly competitive.
Poor management locally.
The Edmonton site is plagued by poor managers locally. It is a very interesting place to work and you will learn a lot. Managers are poorly trained and have little ability to be effective in there rolls. I regret taking the position there.
Pros
learning
Cons
No room for progress, managers are hard to deal with. Dangerous gas to work with
Growing company
Since my experience there dates back to 1985 I can't really comment on the company's mind frame today. Back then it was a very nice experience. I am sure they are still a great company to work for.
Worked there for 30 years, was a great place to work. Learned a lot from the employers and advanced through various positions. Great salary and benefits package.
Great Team
Great team with wonderful diversity of skills with a special focus on supporting business partners to meet client needs. Excellent product safety programs.
Pros
Great training.
Great Company to work for
Both employees and management are great, they are always looking for ways to improve the work load and environment, I would recommend Air Products to anyone looking for a great place to work.
learning and safety highly encouraged
The plant required monthly maintenance and many startups and shutdowns during my time there. Each one had its own trouble starting up and shutting down respectively and learning was always on the daily task list. Safety is taken very seriously around the plant. The plant itself has a very clean environment as far as plants go.
Very good people to work with.
Air Products has a great staff and very good people to work with. However, in recent years with the change of the upper management, the company is not the same as when I joined. Enjoyed my time with the company.
Pros
The co-workers
Cons
Ongoing restructuring