Air Inuit Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Toxic work environment
Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 August 2018
Management are sexist, jobs are low paying and employees are kept guessing to what reactive measures will occur.
New building cant hide old problems, and company doesn't do enough to help the Inuit people.
Travail un peu stressant.
Technicien niveau 2 (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 January 2018
Une compagnie anglophone et a beaucoup à développer.
Awesome job to have
Cargo Handler (Former Employee) –  Kuujjuaq, QC9 January 2018
When I worked there I well treated good environment
The work place was healthy and the benefits were helpful
The staff is there to help you excel
Benefits
Cons
Nothing to notice
stressant
Superviseur de base (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC23 November 2017
Beaucoup de pression à tous les niveaux
Beaucoup d'injustices
Pas ou peu de lattitude sauf pour les plus haut salarié souvent inutile
Pros
augmentation de salaire annuelle respecté
Cons
assurance
Great people to work and always focus on team work
Operations Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 September 2017
You dont know when your shift will be over as everything works according to the weather in the Arctic. Management does not value employees, Hardest part is being away from families for several weeks.
Pros
Free tickets to travel around the world.
Mon expérience chez AI
Assistant-Coordonnateur du Centre Technique (Current Employee) –  Ville St Laurent, QC20 September 2017
Milieu de travail exitant due a la proximité des avions, plusieurs défis et imprévus se présente chaque jours faisant une expérience de travail différantes chaque jours.J'apprend a surpasser mes capacités chaque jour avec parfois de nouvelles situation a régler.
Une culture d'entreprise très près des employés avec une ambiance familiale que l'on retrouve du président allant jusqu'au employés.
il n'y a rien de difficile car je ne connais pas tout mais je sais ou chercher pour avoir mes réponses afin de satisfaire les exigences.Le plus agréables est de servir la compagnie du meilleur de moi même.
Pros
Ambiance de travail
Cons
aucun
environnement de travail routinier
Agent de Magasin (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC30 July 2016
Ambiance positive
travail physique et routinier
pression de travailler avec des pièces d'avion très coûteuses
Pros
avantages sociaux
Cons
salaire
Expérience Inoubliable
Agent de bord (chef de cabine) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 July 2016
Air Inuit est une grande et solide compagnie qui servira toujours à desservir le Grand Nord du Québec un coin de pays majestueux malgré ce qu'on peut y dire... Les gens sont agréables, l'ambiance est bonne et on ne sait jamais ce qui va se passer dans notre journée. Ex: mauvaise météo, problème mécanique. Bref, j'ai énormément appris avec cet compagnie.
Pros
Avantages sociaux, voyage, bon horaire
Cons
longues journées
Terrible place to work.
Cargo handler & Warehouse Hand (Former Employee) –  Kuujjuaq, QC18 February 2016
If you're planning to freeze or if you are planning to work hard for a very little salary, this is the place to be! Management is terrible, (racist, sexist, crooked)
Pros
Free flights
Cons
everything else
Store Agent, Maintenance Dept (Current Employee) –  Montreal,Qc29 March 2015
A typical dat at work is basically doing inventory,receiving and shipping of aircraft parts.Keeping stock of aircraft parts.
Interesting workplace as it was situated in a hangar at the airport.
Purchaser (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC29 May 2014
I started off in the Technical Records/Maintenance department. I typically started my day by transcribing all of the pilot's logs into the designated books for each aircraft. I also scheduled maintenance for the mechanics to do their repairs on each aircraft. I sorted through the mail to be delivered to each individual Northern base.
Once I got promoted, I was the Central purchaser for the entire airline. I was in charge of ordering the uniforms for all of the employees including the mechanics, pilots and flight attendants. I was also in charge of keeping up with the inventory on all of the office supplies and printed material, and placing orders as they became low in the stock room. I received orders from all of the other bases on what was needed and I would prepare shipping packages to keep them well stocked as well. I had the responsibility of searching other vendors to compare prices and always try to get the best value for the airline's money. I learned many things about aircraft while in the Technical Records department and having a lot of responsibility to work on my own as the Purchaser. I got along very well with all of my co workers and kept a friendly yet professional relationship with them all. The hardest part of my job was having the stress of having a large responsibility to supply so many things to an entire airline all on my own, although it really did give me a huge sense of satisfaction and feeling proud that I was able to manage it all without any prior experience. The most enjoyable part of my job was having my own large office space where I can work in
  more... a quiet atmosphere since I had so many things to deal with, it made it much easier to concentrate.  less
Pros
Being able to walk through a hangar and see aircraft every day, it was very interesting to me.
Cons
I didn't feel that the salary justified the workload, but I kept optimistic since I had other benefits such as an RRSP contribution.
Fun place to work nice people
Avionics Contractor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 January 2014
I have recently completed my aircraft maintenance M course from Centennial College Toronto and like to build some time towards my "M" licensed
Productive and Fun with a Gym
Invoicing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 December 2013
Working at Air Inuit was very productive and influential on my professional well-being. A typical work day would consists of me entering data, fixing reports, working on charters and any other tasks required from my respective supervisor. Every aspect of the job kept you thinking. We had to make sure all the details were correct and we even had to do quite a bit of investigation into certain information given by the clients in order to process the invoices correctly. The hardest part of the job would be trying to figure out whether to bill the clients as seniors, children or infants. The environment was a very family oriented one. The management staff were easy to talk to. My co-workers made it fun to be at work on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of the job is to know that we were able to meet month-end requirements in a timely manner, and the management staff were happy with our productivity. If anyone was having a stressful day, we had access to a gym where we could go and relieve the tension we were experiencing. I learn that no matter where you work, there will always be challenges to face. It's how you deal with those challenges that makes the experience worthwhile.
mon domaine
Magasinier, réception et expédition (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC3 September 2012
dans le domaine aéronautique j'ai passer 20 ans
j'ai appris beaucoup choses
travailler sous pression, prendre des décisions importantes
devenir un bon négociateur
le domaine aéronautique est tres interessant
mais mon amour et ma passion pour le métier de la plomberie sont plus fort que moi
Pros
expérience dans la vie
Cons
métiers pendant 20 ans, plus rien à apprendre
Sécurité d'emploi
Montréal, QC (Current Employee) –  montreal quebec24 May 2012
Horaires exigents.7 jours consécutifs. Difficile d'équilibrer travail et famille.

Aucune opoortunitité de développement.
Very joyfull environment pleasant
Agent de crédit (Former Employee) –  Québec, QC4 May 2012
To making call and sending out communication (e-Mail) in order to get news about payment.
Management is great very open to new idea and willing to review all new process.
Pros
environment is very friendly
Cons
half hour for lunch