Air Canada
Happiness score is 72 out of 100

Air Canada Employee Reviews

Canada983 reviews

Found 983 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,157 reviews

Toxic place to work. But benefits are fun.

Flight benefits was a so much fun. travelling around the world whenever you want. However, work place environment is toxic as most senior are old and at retirement age. Management treats you horribly.

Environnement dynamqiue et stimulant

Des projets intéressants, culture de collaboration

Cons

Salaire au dessous du marche

Je suis toujours à l’emploi. Air Canada est un très bon employeur.Ca fait 20 ans que j’y suis.

Selon moi Air Canada est l’employeur parmi les 10 première meilleure compagnie au Canada. Je suis très fière de faire partie de la famille Air Canada.

Pros

Gym, avantage sociaux très compétitifs

Cons

Il n’y a pas de points négatifs.

Great Company

Great environment and great people. Fast-paced. Management treats their employees well. Benefits are good and overall culture is positive. Room for growth.

I loved my co-workers

I had a great team to work with it. We support each other ! In good time and specially in bad time , like COVID ! With all the international arrivals with short staff

Pros

Co-workers

Cons

Salary, insane schedule and micro management!!

Love my job

Highly recommend working with air Canada especially if you speak another language it is a great way to see the world and meet new people. Best job in the world!

Great place to work but salary needs to go up

Great team work and very cooperative. They are very helpful and the encouraging management can help you to lear and the core points when you don’t know ask

Pros

Very tickets

Very nice work environments with fun and enjoying working. All coworkers helping and guiding new employees.

I was worked hardly 8 months,after Covid-19 pandemics kill my job and all happiness and left all friends, managers and supervisors working together and enjoying.

Pros

Off course, every week Tim Horton S coffee, donuts and pizzas.

Cons

Not a long hours, it’s 10 hours

Overall a Very Good Review for the 7 1/2 month term position for Payroll Administration of Final Time Payroll.

Enjoyed the Term Position. I am grateful for the opportunity and work experience. My Supervisor was a great team leader and I am very satisfied with the on the job training provided. I enjoyed working with all the staff.

Pros

Very good corporate Payroll Administration experience.

Cons

Did not lead to full time permanent position.

Inconsistent

Management is aberrant No regard for health issues High lack of hygiene on aircraftsHigh hypocrisy from higher departments

Pros

Insurance plan

Cons

Takes a toll on one’s health

Good place to work if you’re looking to move up in the aviation field

Working as a station attendant was a rewarding experience that taught me many skills that I use in other jobs. I would of gladly continued working here if it wasn’t for the unfair politics involved with the job duties between the company and the union.

Pros

Flight benefits Flexible schedule Opportunities to do other things

Cons

Low Pay

Energy Drainer

I honestly was excited at the prospect of working with this company. But once your in there and take in the work culture, it’s a turn off. Ugh! Many unforgiving, arrogant and disrespect coworkers, especially towards new hires, shame really. Life is to short to get caught up as a Cabin Services Cleaning Attendant (CSCA) at AC. If you have a goal in working with this company and you can tuff it out as an entry level position, good luck! You’ll need it but there is room for growth in the company if your ambitious and submissive.

Pros

Benefits!

Cons

How low are you willing to go to get those benefits?

Fun place

Lots of free time, have your own schedule. Travel around the world . Pay rise every 6 month. Can apply to be a service director after one year being flight attendant

It was my loved fun job

I miss working for AirCanada. It’s a challenging job with different task and responsibilities. Worked in cycles and could do shift trades with co-workers to make extra money and get more time off to proudly travel the world representing our loved Canadian flag.

Benefits

Cons

Certain Management

Just fine

If you're young, you'll l always have a better choice than this. low wage, make ends meet every month. Nice benefit, however low wage makes you have two jobs.

THE most toxic employer

I worked with them for several years until i became a workaholic and depressed, you are a number and if you want to grow within management people will always step down on you. forget working as a manager if you don't suck up to your seniors because it's a cult, if they like you they promote you. if they don't like you or if you don't suck up to them they will get you thrown out of the company easily for any disciplinary action. i have seen it happen to coworkers and it's not fun to be on the unwanted list by one of the biggest airline in Canada so if u want to join them either join on an entry level and follow like a sheep but never risk showing potential and trying to grow into management because you will get disliked

Pros

flight pass

Cons

rude managers, non professional behaviour from coworkers, A LOT of favouritism

Room for advancement if you want it

Great company, never-ending workloads can be hard to manage with changing priorities. Management is mostly good however you are left to manage your responsibilities on your own. Be prepared for extra hours of work, not paid.

Pros

Travelling

Cons

Very labour intensive and puts a toll on your body

Working on the ramp and handling luggage is extremely physically demanding, and working in a dangerous environment can result in permanent, debilitating injuries. For the small amount of pay, it was not worth it for me.

Pros

Flight benefits, extremely flexible schedule (pool of thousands of people to swap shifts with)

Cons

Dangerous work environment, strain on body

After the first six months the job was fun Then I went to the power plant.There I found the type of work I loved.Then we went to Avios it was down hill from then on

Pros

Tools were suplyed

Cons

Night shift

Benefits are great but salary is really bad

You do so mutch for a salary so poor 13,50 or 14$ for so mutch work and so mutch stress no thanks. benefits are great, medical, dental and flights are nice. but doesnt make it for the salary

Pros

flight benefits

Cons

salary, to mutch work

Flexibel career path

I worked for Air Canada straight out of high school for 2 years, it was my first career. I felt incredibly proud to work for the company and had amazing opportunities to travel to many places around the world. I loved the fact that they have a union to protect the employees. I would recommend this career path to anyone who would like a work-life-balance. I have met many other flight attendants who are able to live abroad and work out of Toronto or others who have careers in other fields and fly on certain days of the week. The employee benefits is the top perk of this career!A few more benefits of the Flight Attendant career with Air Canada:-Training, you are not required to take a hospitality course or flight attendant course to qualify-Meeting new people, your flight crew changes with almost every flight. A cool benefit is once you have enough seniority you can bid to fly with your flight attendant friends. -On long layovers you stay in the downtown area of the destination -Ability to have a second career/study/live abroad

Pros

Flight Benefits, Layovers and Expenses

Cons

Max amount of hours allowed to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air Canada. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement