Air Canada
Happiness score is 69 out of 100

Air Canada: 1,064 Employee Reviews

Canada1,064 reviews

Found 1,064 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,244 reviews

Fun and collaborative, but definitely stressful at times.

Good company to work for. When there are delays and cancelled flights, it can be very stressful but overall, good team work. Management is a hit or miss.

30 years and never the same day twice

If you like a fast-paced environment, never knowing what challenge you'll be facing from moment to moment, but most of all, if you like helping people, you'll like this job.

Insights into Air Canada

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Great benefits and flexible schedule

Flexible hours, always room for advancement and pay. Benefits are great! 👍Working out in the weather is challenging sometimes but that keeps it exciting!

Great benefits

Great mix of people to work with. Everyone really helpful and friendly. Lots of different types of tasks to choose from. Different shift start times available.

Pros

Travel benefits

Cons

Lots to learn and hard to keep ahead of all the changes.

Only good thing is the benefits

Benefits are amazing. Work required is ridiculous compared to basically being paid minimum wage. Must work in office and managers are always micromanaging. No sense of independence. You can’t even offer help to your coworkers with simple questions without being reprimanded. Stressful, draining, and not worth the time or effort. Once again, only good thing about the job is the flight benefits and day 1 benefits.

good place to work

was there in the good old days .was a good company to work for . met lots of good people and still keep in touch with some . like most large companies things have changed . all in all was a good company to have worked for .

Cons

shift work

Je n’ai pas aimé

Je travaillais pour vacances air canada Ce n’était pas un endroit pour moi.Je n’ai pas apprécié c’est pour ça que je mets une étoile . Je mettrais 0 si je pouvais . Grandir professionnellement est très d’office , salaire n’est pas bon . La gestion est très désagréable et mauvaise . Autre personnel est acceptable to

Great company to work for

It was great. I learned a lot from my supervisor. Ensured I didn’t do anything that would’ve damaged or agfected operation. People are inclusive and are nice. My shift work I loved, I had time for myself on my days off and was able to balance my work-life. Pay was good and pretty sure I could go up the payscale if I work hard and request for more qualifications.

Good company for start

Good cultures and benefit for employees but the salary is quite low and increase slowly. In big cities like Vancouver and Toronto, it's not easy to afford.

Benefits, flexibility and adventure is solid.

Aircanada is unionized. There is no fooling around when it comes to management and if there is… you have one of the strongest unions in Canada to back you up and support you. You get a lot of flexibility when it comes to choosing your schedule, your destinations are based on seniority. The longer you stay, the better flying you can ask for. Pay comes to minimum wage. You can only work up to a maximum of 100Hours a month. If you hate your boss, no problem. You only work with them on the way there and back and you almost never see them again. But most of my Incharge’s “bosses” have been very very supportive and leave you alone to do your job.If you want to travel, have fun and have an extra 4 days off a month to explore your hobbies or side business, AirCanada is fit you. Pay is the only downside however there are opportunities to move up “Incharge” it’s the manager on the flight and get paid really well. Must be with company for 1 year before you can apply. You will be asked to move or stay at a home base for the flight attendant position. Our home bases are Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver. Be prepared to move there for the job. You can always move back home after 4 to 7 months.

Fast pace environment. Makes time fly!

I enjoyed my time at AC. Just not the right timing reason for my departure. Flexible work lines schedule to choose from. IF working under pressure is something you enjoy? then you will have no issue working at AC.

Ok for a first time full time but nothing more

No support from Managment, no growth opportunities without connection, poor organisation, poor pay. Only positive thing was it’s central location and the nature of the job. If you like to talk to people about travel and you just need this job for a while to get experience it’s bearable

Customer relations

Great place to work but the pay wasn't the greatest, senior management could sometimes be a little harsh but overall the atmosphere was welcoming and friendly

Pros

Great location

Cons

Pay

Dynamic and Challenging

AC is huge and spread across different locations within and outside Canada which makes things bit complex and different for employees based on their role and work location. But it also helps in collaborative work culture as most IT jobs are relied upon different Business Units requirements. Management is fairly transparent in their decisions and strategy. You ask for help and you get one.

Great people, ok management, underpaid and under appreciated

Worked as ramp agent. Loved working with airplanes and a good crew. Not a single day is the same. Onload/offload baggage and/or cargo as needed. Sometimes get to talk to passengers which is always interesting. You'll hear a lot of complaints about managers but they aren't as bad as what people said. Do beware the company loves to push reliable workers and punish them when they make mistakes. Got terminated due to internal miscommunication. Really miss working with my crew and around airplanes.

Pros

Unionized, shift trade, benefits

Cons

Lazy people, pay, communication between departments, weather

Good place...but layoffs are a big part

Worked as a machinist at the heavy maintainance hangar in winnipeg. It was a good environment...very interesting work...then came the masssive lay offs.

Productive and fun

Fast pace environment. Typical plant routine, workers work and management has no idea what they are doing.Management & HR don't care about you. Good salary.

Great exposure to the aviation industry, but the company has organizational downfalls

This opportunity gave me great experience and exposure to many facets of the aviation industry. I learned to listen and lead various teams of different personalities. It gave me the skills to move on with my career to better roles.

Toxic work culture

Basically asked to work like an absolute dog for the bare minimum of wages in return. No regard for personal life, no compassion for human error and based entirely on favouritism.

it’s alright

the job is overall simple, but it’s management and the stress they put on you due to shortage of staff that makes your job way harder. The pay is too little for the amount of work that I need to fulfill cause of staff shortages.

Pros

Flight benefits

Cons

Stressful environmenT makes you do more than you should

Good

Very interesting place to work,Schedule are a bit crazy but for our benefit!The environment are good, multicultural Manager are many, some are very kind and understanding! Others seem to give hard time to some of us (despite their efforts to work properly)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air Canada. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement