Air Canada Employee Reviews

Gestion unidirectionnelle
Coordonnateur de groupes (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 January 2018
Aucune écoute de la part des gestionnaires
Environnement de travail très stressant , compétition élevée entre employés et les gestionnaires encouragent cette compétition malsaine. Salaire selon expérience mais aucune prise en compte de l’expérience dans les tâches quotidiennes. Climat de menace (menace de se faire couper dans notre paie après une erreur). Manque d’humanisme. Très anglophone la loi 101 n’est aucunement respectée dans les procédures et les communications internes.
Pros
Billets d’avion stand by
Cons
Aucune autonomie permise, aucune confiance envers les employés, aucune reconnaissance
Flight Attending
Lead Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 January 2018
Food/beverage services, custodial work. Lots of safety related duties and procedures to follow. Annual recurrent training required. Most of the job is performed away-from-home.
It's not for everyone, but it just might be for you
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 December 2017
Working at Air Canada, I received the lowest compensation of my entire life. Nevertheless, the benefits and flexibility made it all worthwhile. I often lost all sense of time, not knowing what day it was half the time, and completely suppressed my body's natural sleep scheduling. I also traveled the world, often chatting with celebrities and important business executives along the way. As a musician, it gave me the time and freedom to pursue my musical ambitions while providing a basic income and amazing flight benefits. It's not for everyone, but it just might be for you.
lifetime job
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC27 December 2017
Have worked there for 30 years.. Have seen many changes over the years. Its a great career. Have lots of room for advancement if you are willing to move. Try it you will not be disappointed.
Pros
loved it...good perks
Cons
early starts 4 am and late nights midnight open everyday and long shifts
fast paced hanger where we are always working on either a dash 8 or CRJ
AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE ENGINEER APPR (Former Employee) –  London, ON20 December 2017
We do heavy checks of all aircraft when cycle times are expired. Hanger in London Ontario closed up in 2012 where the employees had to relocate to the west end and to the east end of Canada
Hardest part of this job is keeping in compliance with transport Canada and the regulations
I have enjoyed many perks working with this company and traveling has been amazing.
Pros
travel perks
Cons
salaried
managements don' care
Temp Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 December 2017
was working for 2month. manager is bossy all time. schedule is not flexible. minimum wage. but flight benefit is good . only young people who like to travel. or retired person can work here. not the people for money.

because its well known company they treat employee like a slave (til join the union)

while you are on the job other employee won't help each other. they have some meetings sometimes. but it's not helping
Pros
flight benefit
Cons
everythin else
CONTACT CENTER MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Montreal, Canada15 December 2017
Great Company, good people.
The company has made several changes to better our work and customer experience. I love working for AC. Are days are never dull, we get great benefits and if it wasn't for the harsh winters I would not look to relocate to South Florida.
really good place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 December 2017
good place to work, nice staff, very high tech, alot of benefits, nice pay, very busy most of the time, working on Christmas also, employee discounts on flights
experience de travaille enrichissante
Bagagiste et agent de rampe (Former Employee) –  Baie-Comeau, QC12 December 2017
bonne expérience de travaille qui ma permis de relever un nouveau défi
Good benefits
Customer Sales & Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB11 December 2017
Company offers great benefits but they come at a price. There is NO work/life balance at all. Shifts are terrible because they are seniority based so you're stuck with the crappiest shifts when you're at the bottom of the food chain.
Never a boring moment with fun people and good attitudes.
Customer service director (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2017
Meeting up with collegues every flight was a fun experience as most of the time there were different crews. As an In Charge I always started the flight off with a fun but proffessional attitude which poured over to the rest of the crew which in turn the smiles were conveyed to the passengers.
Always treat people the way you want to be treated.
Passengers comming on a flight started their vacation as they boarded so they deserved the right attitude. Genuine smiles and welcoming.
Hardest part of the job was the time change on overseas but eventually you get used to it.
The fun part was always my collegues who had a great attitude twards their job and keeping a positive outlook which put the passengers at ease.
Also our family unity regardless of wether we had flown before or just met.
Pros
Always something new to discover especially working with so many different nationalities.
Cons
Sometimes the long hours and jet lag.
Fun industry and moderate on career progression
Manager Continuous Improvement (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 December 2017
It is a good company to work in. The culture is changing, but slowly. There is not a huge lot of career progression opportunities. The salary is mediocre and can be improved. Most enjoyable part of he job includes working with talented individuals from various cultures. The hardest part of the job is working with some managers who have a very strict mind set and not open to new ideas.

Older mentality, difficult to grow, experience varies on department you are in (unions can be tough sometimes as people are not always motivated due to job security)
Pros
Interesting industry, flying priviliges
Cons
Union mentality, difficult to grow
Good people to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 November 2017
I worked many years in the industry and thru the struggles of bankruptcies and mergers the people I worked with remained professional against all challenges
Pros
good travel benefits
show me the money honey
Reservations Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 November 2017
Air Canada is a great company to work for. They only hire bilingual in this department but do not pay very well. if uni-lingual can only get into dept through transferring. Shift work. open 24/7. Very low pay
Pros
great flight benefits
Cons
terrible pay
Best job in the world!
Service Director (Current Employee) –  Yyz26 November 2017
Best environnement to work in! Amazing managers, pilots, flight attendant and most importantly, best passengers! Air Canada is the best airline in Canada and the safest!
air canada sucks
baggage attendant (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC23 November 2017
my review for air canada would be that the management suck at doing their jobs we were understaffed and under paid and there were tons of safety violations
Belle Environement de Travail
Agent de Bord (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 November 2017
L'environment de la compagnie est agréable. J'ai aimer travailler avec pleins de gens différents portant de cultures différents ainsi qu'avoir visiter le monde.
Treated me horribly
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON19 November 2017
Air Canada really sent me through the ringer. If you get inured good luck with keeping your job. The management is so forceful don’t care and don’t feel for their employees. Do not work here if you don’t have to.
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
Management is bad, quality of life is bad
okay
Demand Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 November 2017
an okay place to work, fine management, friendly people, good benefits, modernizing the workplace, which is nice. Tough job, salary isn't great, but it's fine.
Stressful Environment, Culture of Fear
Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 November 2017
If you ever go into a management position with Air Canada thinking that you can show kindness and compassion to the employees, you are wrong.
You must follow the corporate directives which are related to metrics and nothing more.
I would recommend giving this company a pass.
Pros
travel passes
Cons
the corporate culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air Canada. Our community is ready to answer.