Air Canada Employee Reviews

Sales
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 April 2018
Travel is tricky, call centre environment. Fast paced and hard work, dealing with clients, agents and completing the transaction and all details to keep everyone happy.
Good career company
Customer Sales and Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Montreal19 April 2018
Now retired from this company, Air Canada has come a long way from being a crown corporation. If you have the ambition, you may accomplish your career dreams in the many different and varied employment opportunities in this company.
Pros
Travel privileges, extended health benefits
Cons
Stressful environment
A 75 year work in progess
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (1.5 Years) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 April 2018
In the early 2000's this company needed help. The airline environment in 2002 was a horrible experience for an AME with good experience and the willingness to get the job done.
Best Airline
Maintenance Operation Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Canada17 April 2018
Very good place to work for., pay Vecation , people.
Flight benefit are great, you can travel the world , safety it’s priority number 1 . On time performance we proud of it .
Good company
Agent de Réservation (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 April 2018
Good career opportunities, very good environment. feels like a family. professional and fair. but strict on hours. takes care of their employees. omg 150 words is too much
Depending on the Base it can be range from fantastic to dreadful
STOC CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 April 2018
The company benefits are fantastic. As with any other job it is the people you work with that make or break the company. I have had great expereinces and i have had some terrible ones.

Overall i would say it's great company. Perhaps being tarnished by some very poor leaders in Upper Management.
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
Severe staff shoratges
Excellent, fun job.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 April 2018
I worked at the Air Canada maintenance hangar, doing data entry for employees' time cards, and other clerical duties. Co-workers and Air Canada employees were great to work with.
environnement agréable mais salaire indésirable et horaire difficile
Agent Bilingue vente et service clientèle (Former Employee) –  montreal5 April 2018
jai appris beaucoup, mais le salaire et l horaire ne sont pas du tout agréable pour vivre.
Pros
avantages
Cons
salaire et horraire
Think twice! If you can't give up your life then do not apply.
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 March 2018
They monopolize your life until your seniority grows. The training is good, the co-workers are great! Union dues are high and the union is not very helpful when your back is against the wall. High turnover but plenty room for job growth as a result! If you're a family person or someone that needs steady shifts this is by far not the job for you! You will need to be physically fit and unafraid to work in all kinds of internal and external environment as well.
Pros
Vast working areas, POTENTIAL to travel the world, Uniform
Cons
Unpredictable hours, weather conditions for ramp workers, Local HR
nice place to work
Aircraft Detailer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 March 2018
good flight benefits can travel anywhere with cheap air fare,we have nice and clean lunch room with TV screen which can relax after a hard day of work.
Pros
flight benefits
Great company to work for.
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 March 2018
Great company, great working conditions, great salary,
Loved it, hated to have to leave. I really do not know what else I can say. I like the new uniforms. The camaraderie among the flight attendants is wonderful. Our crew hotels are very well selected. The only down side would be that a lot of times you have to eat on the run between flights. The most enjoyable part of the jobs is the people you meet & the information that you learn about different cultures & countries. The hardest part of the job for me was getting up at 03:00 for a flight or doing a pairing called "a stand-up" where you are the last flight into a destination & the first flight out with only 3 or 4 hours there. They give you a hotel room but you really do not get to sleep.
Customer and sales agent
Bilingual Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON22 March 2018
I work as a temp customer service agent. Training was poor, rush and nothing that we learn on it, helped us at the actual job. We were left on our own with no instructions of what to do at the site. We had to guess things, fight for our brakes,fight to get paid for over time. Managers are so overwhelmed that have zero time for you, senior agents see you with pity and want to boss you around and give you all the dirty work. They are so poorly organized . As a temp, they only give you few hrs to work and keep asking you last minute for over time, one hr at a time. The people in my training and I were very disappointed of the whole experience. Oh! and the pay is garbage. Below minimum wage with awful hours. $14 hr. So not worth it for that they ask in exchange.
Pros
Co-workers from training
Cons
Salary, training, management
fun but dangerous depending on your job title
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pearson, ON22 March 2018
My personal experience with Air Canada was a tricky one. what Ii learned working for Air Canada were some tough life lessons. The benefits are amazing, but the salary could be much better. the hardest part of the job would be mentally because it is an extremely dangerous job that needs your full attention at all times.
na
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC18 March 2018
Great place to learn how to work in a team. Lots of places to travel to...great people to work with. Good pay and benefits. Lots of places to transfer.
like jobs
Clothing Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 March 2018
More reliable beginning starts too good good response and guide other thing provide any resources and not mange staying place for me you give stay place
Pros
free lounchrs
Cons
long hourd
productive and cool workplace
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 March 2018
if you love being in a costumer service environment, working here would be really great for you. Hours are convenient to you and the salary becomes worth it long term. You get your benefits 6 months in, which is awesome. Overall staff is friendly
Once a good place to work but unfortunately has since changed
Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON9 March 2018
Air Canada has given me with a satisfying career for the last 38 years. It has provided me with good benefits and a fairly secure job for most of the years I have spent there. Management as of late has truly lacked and unfortunately has lost its connection with its employees who are, in my view the back bone of the airline. The pay scale has been drastically been reduced,and by doing so created a difficult working environment. Constant turnover along with employees working side by side doing the same work with equal responsibilities. The best part of what my work has given me is the friends and relationships that I gained through the many years. It’s the people that have made it an enjoyable place to work. The most difficult part of working at Air Canada is the constant pressure placed on its employees in order to achieve on time performance and with constant obstacles preventing you from meeting your required targets. I will miss it though and will leave with only good memories.
Pros
Travel benefits
Cons
Shift work
Great career, room for advancement, rarely see a manager as you are always on the airplane
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 March 2018
It was a wonderful career, being a single Mom it made it difficult to be away a lot. It was great wages and I saw many parts of the world. I dealt with many different cultures and was able to enhance or diffuse situations that emerged.
Pros
Travel, wages, wearing a uniform
Cons
Away from family a lot and working many holiday
Busy
STATION ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  YYZ4 March 2018
Working at Air Canada is busy and exciting. There are always changes to the schedule therefore never allowing a dull moment while you're at work or sometimes at home.
What a great company we have as a national airline. I hope they are still the same .
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON4 March 2018
A typical day smooth and efficient.

I learned a lot about airline service and how to do it right.

Management was great. It's no secret. Give the customer the best and all is easy.
Workplace culture at that time was phenominal.

Hardest part of the job? I never had any problems from Air Canada supervisors. I did my job and they were happy.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that when I travelled to other cities for work the staff always went out of their way to spoil me. Usually upgrading me if they had empty spaces at the front of the plane. The flight attendants were always amazing. Great staff !

Working their lovely Christmas party with the Executive chef was always a yearly highlight. I will never forget it . We pulled out all the stops for them and why not they were great customers.
Pros
Upgrades on flights
Cons
No Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air Canada. Our community is ready to answer.