Air Canada Employee Reviews

If you want to be abused and be pushed over by a predominantly white male environment, then this place is for you.
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 June 2018
A typical day as a station attendant with air canada:
- Testosterone filled environment
- A lot of demeaning comments and locker-room talk about degrading women
- Dealing with older white males who look down on you
- Management is a joke and won't listen to your concerns
- Management assigning you a role where you have had no training in doing, and then bash for you not knowing what you're doing
- You will hear at least one person swearing every minute

- If you're lucky, you'll meet one of very few normal and cool people who work there and have a good shift.
Pros
flight benefits if you last 6 months, the job isn't difficult. It doesn't take a genius to throw bags.
Cons
6 months for benefits to kick and pretty much every aspect of the job in regards to coworkers
Worst experience of my life
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC10 June 2018
Little to no support. No coaching or guiding yet high expectations. I’m actually shocked that companies are still operating this way in this day and age.
I wouldn’t wish working here on my worst enemy.
The benefits are supposedly good, but you’ll have to give up a lot for them.
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
Terrible support, no training, no guidance or career development
Very good company
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 June 2018
Air Canada give me one of my best experiences in life,
Great people to work with, good opportunities, good benefit and the most important how good they trait you and make you feel that you make part of the family of Air Canada.
Very unhappy workforce
Customer Sales and Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 June 2018
I was doing very well until the computer training which lasted two days and had to pass an exam on it without being allowed to work on the system outside of scheduled hours. Failed twice and was let go on the same day I received a twiiter from one of our guests praising my performance on the floor. Was told to reapply however did not see success in the future. I also found the atmosphere very hostile, with little support from management. The guests and employees are treated like cargo.
Pros
Learned the YYC airport
Cons
Unfriendly work force
Overall it was worth it
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON29 May 2018
As much as I enjoy travelling, I missed home way too much. A typical day would be waiting for a phone call to be told I have a flight to operate, usually with only two hours notice, so I would drive to the airport from Hamilton, go through security, and sometimes customs, and go meet my crew at the gate one hour prior to flight departure. The crew and I would perform security checks on the aircraft, perform duties during boarding, and then take off. During air time, we would provide beverages and meals to all passengers.
Pros
travel, coworkers, discounts
Cons
poor pay, away from home, low seniority
great work perks good co workers
Bilingual Customer Sales and Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 May 2018
The salary is not the best but it makes up for it with the amazing travel perks and work benefits. Working there is like having another family people who share the same motivation and love for travel, tourism and hospitality.
Able to work under pressure
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2018
At times could get very stressful in dealing with all kinds of situations such as missed flights, delayed or cancelled flights and irate passengers. Best part of job is delivering customer satisfaction. Everything at airport is time sensitive, so I'm used to working at a pace that requires on time performance
Pros
Excellent atmosphere
Cons
Shift work 3 am start time
terrible company to work for
Station Attendant(Former) (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL15 May 2018
Air Canada is terrible company to work for . Benefits are great , hourly wage is terrible , management is terrible, your just a number . being a new hire , you mean nothing to the company or most leads . you will be worked hard . its a fast paced environment with tight deadlines .takes years to move anywhere on the pay scale and years for become fulltime . at $13 an hour its not worth it .And the most hours you will get is 20 hours per week .
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Great to be there
Cabin Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2018
I love it and it had great people and I learn a lot . I seen so many places seen a lot of faces . it was time that I wanted to go see my family , but I had to work
Sales
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 April 2018
Travel is tricky, call centre environment. Fast paced and hard work, dealing with clients, agents and completing the transaction and all details to keep everyone happy.
fun place to work
Lead Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2018
definitely a fun place to work made a lot of friends easy place to make easy money stay out of the politics and just do your job and you'll be safe enjoy
Good career company
Customer Sales and Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Montreal19 April 2018
Now retired from this company, Air Canada has come a long way from being a crown corporation. If you have the ambition, you may accomplish your career dreams in the many different and varied employment opportunities in this company.
Pros
Travel privileges, extended health benefits
Cons
Stressful environment
A 75 year work in progess
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (1.5 Years) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 April 2018
In the early 2000's this company needed help. The airline environment in 2002 was a horrible experience for an AME with good experience and the willingness to get the job done.
Best Airline
Maintenance Operation Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Canada17 April 2018
Very good place to work for., pay Vecation , people.
Flight benefit are great, you can travel the world , safety it’s priority number 1 . On time performance we proud of it .
Good company
Agent de Réservation (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 April 2018
Good career opportunities, very good environment. feels like a family. professional and fair. but strict on hours. takes care of their employees. omg 150 words is too much
Depending on the Base it can be range from fantastic to dreadful
STOC CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 April 2018
The company benefits are fantastic. As with any other job it is the people you work with that make or break the company. I have had great expereinces and i have had some terrible ones.

Overall i would say it's great company. Perhaps being tarnished by some very poor leaders in Upper Management.
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
Severe staff shoratges
Excellent, fun job.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 April 2018
I worked at the Air Canada maintenance hangar, doing data entry for employees' time cards, and other clerical duties. Co-workers and Air Canada employees were great to work with.
environnement agréable mais salaire indésirable et horaire difficile
Agent Bilingue vente et service clientèle (Former Employee) –  montreal5 April 2018
jai appris beaucoup, mais le salaire et l horaire ne sont pas du tout agréable pour vivre.
Pros
avantages
Cons
salaire et horraire
Think twice! If you can't give up your life then do not apply.
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 March 2018
They monopolize your life until your seniority grows. The training is good, the co-workers are great! Union dues are high and the union is not very helpful when your back is against the wall. High turnover but plenty room for job growth as a result! If you're a family person or someone that needs steady shifts this is by far not the job for you! You will need to be physically fit and unafraid to work in all kinds of internal and external environment as well.
Pros
Vast working areas, POTENTIAL to travel the world, Uniform
Cons
Unpredictable hours, weather conditions for ramp workers, Local HR
nice place to work
Aircraft Detailer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 March 2018
good flight benefits can travel anywhere with cheap air fare,we have nice and clean lunch room with TV screen which can relax after a hard day of work.
Pros
flight benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air Canada. Our community is ready to answer.