Air Canada Vacations Employee Reviews

Overall poor
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Toronto2 April 2014
Pro: Gained worked experience, met some great people, some good deals if able to utilize them

Cons: Little to no growth opportunities, no recognition, no encouragement, company does not adapt, does not nurture talent or inspire loyalty, low salary, lots of office politics (backstabbing, lies, bias etc), overworked and worked additional hours without any recognition or pay, human resources slow to respond and are unhelpful - you need to followup at least three to four times before someone brushes you off even further, management often do not know the systems they are using, many managers are clearly not qualified for their positions, many policies lack thought and action, etc
Pros
Discounts on travel
Cons
Low salary
Great Team and Work Environment
Cruise Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Montreal7 November 2013
A typical day at work would include an 8 hour shift from 9am to 5pm. Every week my colleagues and myself in the cruise support department are on rotation with the tasks we must complete. Our tasks include (Quality Check on existing reservations, schedule changes & cruiseline modifications, handling internal and external emails, ticketing & creating online bookings. Every day I learn something new wether big or small. I have learned to perfect my customer services and how to surpass my clients expectations. At Air Canada Vacations higher management makes the effort to know each and every individual working for the company and always lets us know our value. My co-workers are exceptionnal individuals and we work very well together. The hardest part of the job is often having to relay negative news to a passengers including (flight cancellations or cruise line modifications) but we always management to make the end result positive. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with incredible individuals and also seeing my clients happy.
Pros
great colleagues & vacation benefits
Cons
low salary
Internship
Sales Department (CO-OP) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ontario29 September 2013
Answer phone calls directed to the Sales department, filter calls and respond to phone calls within the scope of the job
fun environment
Acv
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montreal,Canada29 April 2013
• I was responsible for resolving customer complaints during their vacation to ensure they had a comfortable and peaceful stay
• Helped resolve all issues related to customers’ belongings during transportation
• Responded to emails from customers about their experience whether it was a complaint or a commendation.
• I was responsible for arranging complex domestic and international business travel for air
• When my passengers’ needs called for I would offer the services of one of our preferred partners such as the Sofitel hotel or TGV train, helicopter, limo etc
• I advised clients on efficient complex multi city destinations
My first job at travel industry. Learnt a lot. And met wonderful people.
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 August 2012
I enjoyed working with Air Canada Vacations. I learnt the fundamental of travel industry and was exposed to different types of bookings.
Pros
great team, friendly co-workers.
Cons
no opportunity for advancement
It's a good company!
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  montreal, quebec25 July 2012
I love my job, it's a fun job, I am always on the road, I get to travel and meet a lot of people. My Director is a very nice person to work with, she is professional. I've learned a lot, because we offer so many destinations around the world. A typical day at work is to visit my travel agencies in my area.
They try to lure you in with free trips, but treat you like garbage
Head office employee (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QC10 July 2012
Although not all days were bad - it is vital for you to get involved in the political environment and animosity that exists in this environment if you want to succeed. I was not interested in getting involved, and thus, I parted ways. If you are a smart person with some self respect, you will not demean yourself to work for a corporation like this. It may seem nice to get a free trip once a year (to an awful hotel, may I add), but I would rather get paid more anywhere else than receive a free vacation....
Pros
great deals on vacations
Cons
too many office politics and backstabbing - no one is safe here...