Air Canada Vacations

Air Canada Vacations Employee Reviews

Canada22 reviews
Air Canada Vacations is a great place to work, great colleagues, fulfilling work.
Great travel benefits

Not a corporate culture, closer to a small business culture
very good job but too far in public transport for me. I highly recommend this work to someone who doesnt mind the commuting. They are lots of perks when woerking there.
Horrible and stressful work environment. I burnt out and no one cared. Unrealistic expectations . No work/life balance . My manager was fake . Do not be fooled by the perks !
Company does not put employee first. They don’t take care of employees it’s all about themselves. Short staffed, work overload, stress, micro management and favoritism. Also pay is waaay below average. Stay away unless you are desperate.
The best aspect of working at Air Canada Vacations is definitely the people! It truly feels like we are a big family.

Additionally, the organization as a whole runs at a very fast-paced; it's never a dull day. Although I work as a Specialist, I have the opportunity to work on many different projects and touch on many areas outside of the scope of my role, which means I am constantly learning.

Finally, the organization is currently going through a cultural transformation, which can sometimes be met with some resistance, but I am confident that little by little we will in fact transform ourselves.
Each department is a real team and day to day work is collaborative and challenging. Colleagues are usually very willing to lend a hand on a difficult situation.

Unbeatable travel perks don't hurt either!
I generally love working at Air Canada Vacations, the travel benefits can't be beat and the fellow employees are usually very friendly. Salaries are average for the industry but benefits make up for it. Lots of growth opportunities but must learn the ropes first.
The company really invests in creating a healthy work environment and culture. Great place to learn and grow professionally. Very challenging and fast pace environment but super motivating... and of course, the travel perks are a plus!!!
The company is trying to re-invent itself. However, there is a culture clash between the old ways and the new vision. As long as there is resistance, it will be difficult for this company to move forward
Pros
Standby travel passes
Cons
Gym membership subsidy, vacation allowance, job advancement
If you are looking for a challenge and growth in your career this is the place to be. Everyday you will learn something new! Everyone who works here is very friendly.
Pros
Friendly environment, growth opportunities
I walk into work everyday and have the pleasure to work alongside the most amazing people who are like family to me. The environment is fun and professional and I feel very privileged to be here!
Formation non suffisante, beaucoup de pression des superviseurs, embauche continue des nouveaux employés.
Pros
Voyages
Cons
Courtes pauses, pression continue des superviseurs.
This job was like an abusive ex. They put you down and make you feel worthless and you don’t even know it until you look around and see what else is out there. Salary is so low compared to anywhere else (in the same category), the amount of work and stress they put you through vs salary and bonus is pure slavery. But they brainwash you to think that its normal and that the benefits they give you make up for it. But they don’t
L'équipe de leadership n'est aucunement qualifiée pour gérer la nature humaine des opérations. Le service à la clientèle n'est pas d'une importance réelle contrairement aux valeurs véhiculées par l'organisations puisque les employés sont plus que surchargés. Les employés fondent en larmes, et les départs en maladie ou définitifs s'accumulent. Désorganisé.Avantages voyage et assurances sont bénéfiques, mais pas au dépends de la santé mentale et morale des employés. Le management évite les employés et ignore les messages de ceux-ci à maintes reprise. Les clients sont de plus en plus insolents et le management accepte la situation. Les superviseurs n'ont même pas le temps de coacher et d'évaluer les employés convenablement. Bref, si vous voulez travailler pour cette entreprise, SVP appliquez pour un autre département. Les RH ne font rien pour améliorer la situation. Je répète, environnement de travail hostile et néfaste.
Pros
Assurances et rabais sur voyage
Cons
Mauvaise gestion, surcharge de travail, salaires, reconnaissance
Pro: Gained worked experience, met some great people, some good deals if able to utilize them

Cons: Little to no growth opportunities, no recognition, no encouragement, company does not adapt, does not nurture talent or inspire loyalty, low salary, lots of office politics (backstabbing, lies, bias etc), overworked and worked additional hours without any recognition or pay, human resources slow to respond and are unhelpful - you need to followup at least three to four times before someone brushes you off even further, management often do not know the systems they are using, many managers are clearly not qualified for their positions, many policies lack thought and action, etc
Pros
Discounts on travel
Cons
Low salary
make travel arragements, for travel agents requested,have they travel documents ready for travel
Pros
free travel, and hotels stay
Cons
enjoyeable
A typical day at work would include an 8 hour shift from 9am to 5pm. Every week my colleagues and myself in the cruise support department are on rotation with the tasks we must complete. Our tasks include (Quality Check on existing reservations, schedule changes & cruiseline modifications, handling internal and external emails, ticketing & creating online bookings. Every day I learn something new wether big or small. I have learned to perfect my customer services and how to surpass my clients expectations. At Air Canada Vacations higher management makes the effort to know each and every individual working for the company and always lets us know our value. My co-workers are exceptionnal individuals and we work very well together. The hardest part of the job is often having to relay negative news to a passengers including (flight cancellations or cruise line modifications) but we always management to make the end result positive. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with incredible individuals and also seeing my clients happy.
Pros
great colleagues & vacation benefits
Cons
low salary
Answer phone calls directed to the Sales department, filter calls and respond to phone calls within the scope of the job
fun environment
• I was responsible for resolving customer complaints during their vacation to ensure they had a comfortable and peaceful stay
• Helped resolve all issues related to customers’ belongings during transportation

• Responded to emails from customers about their experience whether it was a complaint or a commendation.

• I was responsible for arranging complex domestic and international business travel for air

• When my passengers’ needs called for I would offer the services of one of our preferred partners such as the Sofitel hotel or TGV train, helicopter, limo etc

• I advised clients on efficient complex multi city destinations

I enjoyed working with Air Canada Vacations. I learnt the fundamental of travel industry and was exposed to different types of bookings.
Pros
great team, friendly co-workers.
Cons
no opportunity for advancement
I love my job, it's a fun job, I am always on the road, I get to travel and meet a lot of people. My Director is a very nice person to work with, she is professional. I've learned a lot, because we offer so many destinations around the world. A typical day at work is to visit my travel agencies in my area.