Ainsworth

Ainsworth Employee Reviews

Canada28 reviews
Good place to work, management was friendly and supportive. Provided good training for me during my employment. Opportunities to work offsite and in the office.
I worked doing cleanup, which was not incredibly hard, but it usually made for a long day. I had little to nothing to do with the management, aside from receiving instructions at the start of shift as to what areas to clean. The machinery does most of the work, so the production and maintenance employees have a slow work pace most of the time. It's pretty relaxed, unless something breaks, of course. The hardest part of the job is dealing with boredom. The most enjoyable part is the paycheck. Simple as that.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Boring
I was hired by and worked under two fantastic Senior Project Managers, and reported directly to 8 different foremen across many sites.

My managers maintained great relationships with customers and always had more projects and service work lined up.

Training was provided on time.

Opportunities for overtime was abundant.

My site supervisors were supportive and organized. They took very good care of the people that worked hard and delivered on expectations.

My coworkers for the most part were excellent. We shared similar values and drive. With each person's individual strengths, and proper direction from leadership, the task's end result was success.
They were combining company’s together and the bosses didn’t seem like they knew what they were doing. They did like to do stuff on a whim and at last minute. Shipping and receiving is the best area to work. Great management
There is no support from the Dartmouth Atlantic office. Management team is non-exsistant. A non-licenced plumber manages the HVAC division. Apprentices and unlicensed employees are used for cheap labour, while Journeymen struggle to get hours and sit at home. New Brunswick manager lacks leadership skills and regularly lets go journeymen without cause, before 3 months is complete. 5 mechanics in the last year.
As an Ainsworth Employee, contracted to a third party who’s Manager is on sight but no Management from Ainsworth, the culture environment is a negative one. Third party payroll very challenging - culture: “always someone else to blame”.
Terrible management
Too much micromanagement

Lack of empathy and respect towards their employee

You don’t have any privacy, they spy on their employee 24/7 when it comes to their personal life, anything in general.

Even on you’re break when you sit at the lunch room, they will spy on you, to know what’s on you’re mind.

The manager / Team lead, gossip about their employee thru email or messenger app.

They will treat you like a robot child like they own you.

The team lead will start to get insecure when they know that you are capable performing well at you’re job, because there’s opportunity growth at the job and they fear you could be on top of them so they will make you feel like you’re not as good as you think you are at the job.
Pros
GET OUT if you have a chance!
Cons
Lack of professionalism
They need to be able to Communicate better. The management is weak at best. A workplace is clean and modern. Long days. They are very safety aware and do a good job. The management team changes away too often.
Pros
Good place to learn from
Cons
No communication
Management has no idea what they are doing with their departments. Always shuffling people and responsibilities around, not hiring enough people or hiring too many.
Low salary for the work you're doing, little flexibility and tense atmosphere.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Ainsworth?
very nice environment, nice time work.
the management is nice and fun.

they are friendly and open mind people.

we have offices thru all Canada, and we did not have any mayor incidents to report last year.
Pros
always busy
Cons
traffic could be a headache to reach the work place
The site i was assigned was a good place to work.The co-workers are very helpful and a very friendly environment.

Office people are helpful if you need some help about you benefits or have some question about your employment status.
Ainsworth Inc,

Mornings are slow, afternoons start to get busy

Learned how to take apart motors, change bearings, lubricate motors, and wind a motor

Great workplace with safety techniques

Hardest part of the job is winding a motor
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Low Pay
Good teams but too many silos within the company. Divisions are too busy covering their own bottoms to cooperate. Management too concerned about “reporting structure”. Power struggles and politics.
Pros
Great Ideas at the top/great Techs
Cons
Local management & structure
climat agréable de travail, bonne communication avec les clients
when i first got this job it was like winning the lottery for me but after so many years of terrible management and lack of support i had to leave. the project manager is very lazy and will not provide the support needed to do the job, the service manager only cares about getting scrap money from your jobs and theres two bosses in our office and neither of them do anything about this unless someone above them is dissapproving.
Pros
the wage and benefits
Cons
no job security and terrible management
unclear direction and communication with site project management.
information and materials take too long to arrive

unorganized middle management

no company spirit
Pros
crews work well and efficiently with what they have
Cons
unorganized
Well managed Canada wide Calgary management had some problems, very good company overall. The project manager was not a lot of help I made most of the dicisions for the field he was a refrigeration mechanic, would have been a lot more helpful if he or she was a plumber. That being said we got through our jobs successfully.
Pros
Company truck, company condo out of town jobs
Cons
Left me on my own for the most part not a lot if help in office
great workplace generally ruined by an insidious management culture. They care very little for their workers and ask them to perform unrealistically
They will lie to you and tell you everything is fine but then trash you behind your back. It's true that in this industry you never know who to trust and this company shows that well.

The office staff however were super and always took care to handle and administrative work quickly and efficiently.

They don't pay for you parking ever when they run you around all over town
Pros
good wages
Cons
shift work
good place to work enjoyable place to work pleasant place to work great place to work decent place to work enjoy working at this employer happy working at employer
Ainsworth OSB was purchased by Norbord INC.

Truly appreciate knowledge associated with the production of Oriented Strand Board. I enjoyed many of the people I worked with, and for. I always viewed the mill as a diamond in the rough, the possibilities are encouraging.
I was there only a few months for a contract. Lots of turn over. I think the company was going through restructures. Nice people. Salary was pretty good.