Ainsworth

Ainsworth Employee Reviews

Canada62 reviews

Good place to work with great pay

The work was consistent and the type of work was always changing, but I found that the management lacked direction. The pay was above average and the benefits were great.

Trés Bonne Entreprise

Possibilité de Progression continue avec la Croissance de Compagnie.

Insights into Ainsworth

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment

Nice place to work, no stress.Salary is average.

Ainsworth is very good company, they take care of employees. Benefits are normal .Salary are average.Working as BO , responsible for all preventive maintenance, plus change over pumps, Diesel Generators testing ,Fire pumps routine HVAC, BAS plus AHU maintenance. Daily rounds, Checking BAS , Take corrective action if any abnormality. Update Supervisor for any shortage of inventory. Always coordinate with Supervisor.

Pros

Be relax in your job, safety oriented. DAY SHIFT, weekend off .

Cons

Downtown traffic, waste of time back and forth.

A Perfect Company

I don't have to say much, I love the job, I am in love with what I'm doing, everybody in the company is friendly, I am totally in love with this company!

Productive and inclusive place to work.

Management was fair and the compensation was above average. The location of the mill was very close to surrounding homes so little travel time. Tons of overtime for those who wanted it. Great holiday parties and golf tournaments etc..

Pros

Free lunches and plenty of training.

Cons

If the mill went down at 2:00am you went running.

Great company

This company is one of the best I’ve worked for, great people, great support. Service work most of the time so if you like service work this company is for you.

Good technicians poor management

Good technicians who work hard but disorganized management. Jobs are "give/take" which meant eating hours on poorly bid work because you were "too slow". Opportunity is given primarily to those who have personal relationships with management and hard work will go largely unnoticed. My blue book sat in the service managers office for about 8 months even after asking for a signature several times. Overall a good place for a paycheck if you need one

Pros

Nice techs to work with

Cons

Low hours. High tool expectations. Low reward or sense of fulfillment in work

Micromanaging central

This job is easy but management was out of control with micro management. We had a schedule to follow for uniform colours. Unreasonable expectations and increasing reliance on useless stats. Pay raises in the 10-20 cent range while new hires make more. Poor structure and training.

Pros

They pay money, pantry

Cons

poor raises, poor structure, Micromanaging

Everyone

Love working for the company Great learning experience wonderful people to work with will miss them dearly hopefully in the future another job opens back up to return to work with such a wonderful company

Lineman have Died at APCI

Dangerous - Unsafe - Work Environment Do not work there Mismanaged Old Trucks that are not maintained favoritism in the workplace Long hard day with no breaks

Pros

Cons

no breaks - Go 100% all day

Slower quiet office

The Toronto Office or Head Office had a lot of communication issues with the branch offices and each branch had conflicting information. The Mangement was poor. I was asked to change office procedures and when I suggested changes that I knew would improve the system was shot down more than once. I got frustrated with this position and decided to leave.

not bad not good

its ok. they seem to confused in the office. there appears to be a lot of favoritism. they are always changing how things are done but thee is no guidance.

Great place to work!

I currently work at Ainsworth Inc. and it is by far one of the best companies I have worked for. Both management and fellow employees are accessible, eager to assist and the atmosphere is "family-like" Compensation is fair and there is lots of opportunity to grow.

Productive workplace

Pros: Wonderful people, competent management and friendly atmosphere. Cons: Each business unit is held accountable on profitability, so the work environment can feel very competitive internally, each looking for their own interest and making cross-functional efforts difficult.

Struggles in career advancement.

Ainsworth is a good place to start with. Career advancement is a challenge because of the mentality of the management. (You are our friend / neighbor etc..., you will have a promotion otherwise forget about it)

No care for there employees

Your just a number. What they promise in your interview means nothing to them. get it in writing if you have certain requirements in order to start work here.

Good working environment.

Working with Ainsworth was a great experience and all the employees were nice and accommodating. The office set up is not well suited to any Estimators as it requires extra desks for the drawings and a room intended only for closing tenders/review estimates.

Pros

Flexible time.

Cons

As Mechanical Estimator - no security of tenure.

It is a quick paced union environment

Its a good company to work for. There is a wide range of diversified work to be had as well as some very good mechanics and apprentices. As it is a union shop there is a wide variety of classes offered through the union hall.

Great co-workers and leadership

Was a great place to work. Unfortunately my position was terminated within corporate, they did not think this position was a business need anymore. They provided an environments where there was a high level of trust and autonomy, room for growth and learning.

Pros

Good environment - Great Leaders

Cons

position terminated

main office lacked direction and professionalism. Too much staff turn over in office left on site coordination in very difficult spot.

Poorly managed company. Look elsewhere. Frequent office staff turn over leaves job sites wondering who they answer to. Stuck mostly on nights , doing lighting retrofits. They can't seem to bring in large jobs.

Bad management

Worst management ever, especially ottawa call centre. Management t doesnt care about employees, bad attitudes and willing to cut people down all the time. No support or leadership.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ainsworth. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement