Aina Spa Employee Reviews

More like family than co-workers
Spa Coordinator & Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC4 February 2019
I started working at Aina when it was a tiny spa with less than a handful of employees. I loved that my boss and co-workers felt more like family than acquaintances (like most other jobs). I genuinely felt safe, comfortable, and cared about in my work environment which is super important to me. After a few years I left to move to a different city - which didn't work out as planned and I was generously re-hired when I moved back to Kamloops. I was offered an apprenticeship and was thrilled to be trained in esthetics. Unfortunately I had to relocate again to follow my partner to another city for his work. If I still lived in Kamloops I would most likely still be working there!
Pros
training, friendly & happy environment
Cons
parking
irregular work/hours, high turnover rate
Massage Practitioner (Former Employee) –  British Columbia2 February 2019
great place to go as a paying customer but not so much as an employee. you'll likely have to pay for parking most days and if you're full-time factor in a parking pass which isn't cheap. you have to go in early (half hour every day) and clean up at the end of the day which is all unpaid and not to mention the erratic hours that'll leave you hanging around for sometimes hours with nothing to do. didn't pay stat and didn't bother with paying minimum two hours which was sometimes necessary. not a good workplace as they don't understand good business practice.
4 February 2019

Hi Emi, thank you so much for taking the time to review us. I am disappointed to see that you have given us the lowest rating as you seemed to enjoy working with our team during your short time with us. I understand the disappointment when you are asked to move on to other opportunities and I hope it has not taken away from the time you did spend with us.
We have taken care to ensure we are following all guidelines set forth by the province of British Columbia including minimum pay and stat pay, however there are times when an employee is not eligible according to BC standards. Employee satisfaction is very important to us which is why we offer extended benefits such as medical and dental, flexible schedule, discounts on our products and services as well as complimentary use of our facilities.
Although you were not the right fit for our team we wish you all the best in the future.

Love this place!
Esthetician (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC1 May 2017
It makes me so sad that someone gave such a bad review of this place. The owners put so much care into everything and the team is amazing. By far one of the best places I've ever worked.
Pros
Working directly with the owner, discounts, staff lounge
Cons
Downtown parking
Love going into work
Massage therapist (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC14 July 2016
I absolutely love going into work. The atmosphere is beautiful, calming and relaxing. A great space to work in.
The owner always has your back and truly cares about your wellbeing first. Great co-workers.
It's nice being able to not worry about marketing and booking yourself clients. Very flexible schedule that works with your life
1 May 2017

Thank you so much for your review! We're lucky to have such an amazing team!

not cool
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Kamloops20 June 2015
Worked for a short amount of time here, very unpleasant experience. Joined after others were leaving and let go. Seems to have a high turnover rate as I always see their ad up.
1 May 2017

Thank you for your review. Unfortunately it sounds like we were in a transition period during the short time you were employed. Company culture is very important to us and sometimes for the good of our team and our guests we must ask people to move on to new opportunities. We believe a happy team makes happy guests! Hopefully you have been able to find a good fit for yourself. Best of luck in the future!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aina Spa. Our community is ready to answer.

Aina Spa Reviews by Location