AIL Canada logo
AIL Canada

AIL Canada Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Great place, team and management!

I joined AIL Byron Paz Agencies in April and when I started off I was unsure and very doubtful if I could make a career in the insurance world, the only reason I went ahead with it was that there was no cold calling and the company provided the leads. Right after my interview I had to get my license in order to start work, The company guided me all through out my licensing, they helped with assigning study groups and study material. Once I started to work I realized for sure that if you put in the work, being successful here was very possible and I'm really happy that I found work with BP Agencies, Its fulfilling to protect families and all the while make a great living for yourself.

Pros

great commisions, company provides leads

Cons

time consuming to book calls/hard work

Sales mainly. Very little customer focus.

Great pay but it is mostly commission and if you don't have sales you don't make any money. Leads are used over and over again and other agents will resell to someone you already sold to and take your comission. This is encouraged by most in the company. Very difficult to build your business that way.

Pros

Really good pay

Cons

Long hours and 6 days a week.

Secured job with multiple returns

I have been part of the BP Agencies, Oakville for the past 3 months now. Since I came from an Engineering background, I was unsure of my decision to join the company but the moment I attended the webinar and then ultimately, in an interview, I realized that this is something I am aspired to do since the whole point of every individual working here is to serve people and our community in order to protect the lives and the future of their loved ones. Even though in the hiring process, I was informed that I had to get a license done but still I decided to go ahead with it solely because of the bigger picture of protecting families. Now, I am in my 4th month with this company and every time I see families thanking me and showing their gratitude towards me, I sense the success and the satisfaction which I was lacking in my previous background. The amount of effort you put in would be directly proportional to the amount of income you will be getting each week, even though it's completely commission-based, it would never be unfair to the amount of effort you are putting into it. Along with giving you job security during this pandemic, you have the opportunity to be successful with each day on the basis of your work with multiple advances, bonuses, rewards, and many more potential earning income/benefits.

Pros

Weekly income, job security, Rewards-potential earning income/benefits, leads and supports are provided, flexible working hours, training provided(on and off field both)

Cons

commission based, involves calling

Amazing Career Opportunity

This is a pandemic proof career! The job security and the support available at BP Agencies is incredible. A great place to work if you are looking for a position connecting with people and protecting families.. Exciting and motivating to see that the efforts and work that I put into the job are being paid off. Many opportunities for growth, development and leadership.

Pros

Flexible schedule, Leads are provided - no cold calling

Cons

No Cons - Must be willing to work hard and determined to grow and succeed.

Productive , full of positive energy and fun place to work.

It has been an amazing experience working at BPAgency. I’ve bee in business almost all my adult life and I have never been happier than I am working at BP Agency in Oakville, On. The culture, activities income has been unbelievable and the best part of all is that they give you all the leads. No cold calling or door knocking and great opportunities for those that want to move up and make titles. Don’t look any else and join our family and I promise you will not regret it.

Pros

Freedom

Cons

Productive and fun place for work

I have been working at BP Agencies in Oakville for a few months now and it has been a great experience. At first, I was nervous about obtaining my license and completing the training process but The management team provides a great deal of support and resources along the way, making it a smooth and easy process. Unlike other insurance agencies, you do not need to bring in your own clients through friends and family members. The company works with unions to provide insurance to their workers so insurance agents are provided with leads that are already interested and desire to purchase insurance. Most importantly, I have seen that those who put in the time and effort have great earning potential through commissions and bonuses and have been quite successful.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Needs commitments

Don't get trapped

STAY AWAYAwful management, very deceiving, not transparent, in the job presentation they lie.pay a lot of money upfront before you can start and they don't cover any of it.They put job listings up online using different company names to try and lure you in. so beware.Multi-level marketing where they take someone who is decent at sales and make them a manager, so many managers have no idea what they are doing.

Pros

Cons

so many

Great place to work and a supportive and friendly environment

I am currently working as a life and benefits advisor at BP Agencies at Oakville, Ontario. I have enjoyed the past few months working here and it is a great and friendly environment. The hiring process was fairly easy and after being recruited, I had to complete a provincial license before I could start working. Getting the license was straightforward – it requires you to sit for provincial licensing exams after you finish your online certification exams and BP agencies helped me with the registration process. The onboarding process is structured and easy. The management team is dedicated and professional. The perks of doing this job are that you do it from home, at your own pace and time. The rewards are directly proportional to the efforts you put in, and you can expect large bonuses for meeting targets. The best part of BP Agencies and AIL is that you are given leads and support, which is great, and from what I have heard not many companies offer this. Overall, I am very happy and would highly recommend BP Agencies.

Pros

Leads are provided, Great Bonuses, Friendly management team

Supportive, Collaborative, Team Building

Initially, I was not certain of the specific role or functions. Today, I am pleased that I made the choice. Challenging, yes, unattainable No!. The job requires disciple, focus and vision. It is for that person who is driven by performance and as for me the love of people. These are a few of the pieces of the puzzle when put together will spell for success in this role, and may I add it is very rewarding.I find the team to be supportive and they encourage your success; the leaders are also quite approachable and reachable at any time.

Pros

Continuous Learning; no limit to earning power

Cons

Can be stressful

Anyone that can pass the certification gets an offer

No method to the training. All over the place. You have three different trainers telling you three different things. Your training is intense and you are suppose to know the product, understand the crm system, know the presentation get out and be calling within days! Not advising low income families the best and the cheapest option for them but the one that will make the most commission. You are not paid for training, but expected to be free at all hours of the day and night whenever it suits the manger to give you 5 minutes of rush rush training. Yet you are not an employee but an independent contractor. Overall, I was out of pocket $$$ ....School, Exam, License costs etc..all before you join. Mostly you get victimized. Managers are making clear mistakes in their presentation style, are not qualifed to train, some have very poor english. The system is outdated. If they actually paid their managers a basic salary they could pick and choose their managers more carefully and people with potential would not give up out of sheer frustration at being badly managed and if you complain or speak the truth you get let go.

Pros

freedom to work from anywhere as they are now fully remote.

Cons

Unqualified managers and trainers, mostly you get victimized. Managers are making clear mistakes in their presentation style, are not qualifed to train. System is outdated.

No work life balance

Insurance can really pay off if you have a lot of money saved and are agressive enough to make sales. I was just out of college Living on minimum wage, so I couldn't afford it anymore. It made me pretty resentful knowing I had to work weekends if I wanted to make a decent living. Worst of all, my managers made more money on every sale I made. This is a multi level marketing company. They will not put out any money for you. You have to pay for everything yourself. All of the tools you need, laptop, phone, car (etc.) Honestly it was very unfair. This company is not honest with how hard it will be to sell insurance. They make you sit through the top managers on how successful they are, hoping you will be as prosperous as they are, when over 90 percent of agents leave within their first year. I would avoid multi-level marketing companies like this one. They are deceitful and try to upsell customers on insurance that is really expensive and doesn't meet their needs.

Pros

Working on your schedule

Cons

Commission based income, having to work on weekends

happy and supportive workplace

It's indeed an opportunity unlimited, its challenges made me a more professional person and I love working here because I can make really good money besides helping the families out in their lives and make their lives easier and more secure. It's not a place for non-motivated people who need to be push or a boss to monitor their daily activities. It's an unlimited opportunity here and you can get whatever you ask for.

Pros

Supportive team for training and sharing their successful experiences, Unexpected bonuses and extra money, early retirement possibilities

Cons

needs self management skills and it won't work if you are a lazy person

Its a scam.

Well, if its not a scam then its definitely built on exploiting the candidates by advertising a misleading position. I applied through Ziprecruiter for the advertised position of ‘CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE’ and the tasks were entirely different on the website. However, in the follow up emails for interview the position changed to ‘LIFE INSURANCE ADVISOR’ and the tasks heavily changed as well. Moreover, the interview was changed into a webinar format. That’s serious exploitation of a candidate’s trust. Moreover, the company has changed its name twice already, how reliable do you think it is then? Any company works years and years to form an identity and this one is dissolving its own. BE CAREFUL AND DON’T BE A VICTIM.

MLM disguised as insurance company

Terrible experience. They want you to mislead people to get appointments and then lie to them to get more leads. The company is known throughout the industry to be sketchy. If you want to work in the insurance industry, there are tons of better companies to check out. Please don’t waste your time here!!!

Pros

Learning from a mistake

Cons

Unethical business

You get what you put in

You have to be incredibly dedicated to doing this job. it can be a easy but you have to nail the steps. There is a script to remember and if you don't have that memorized before you go into a home, you won't make it. The management team is incredibly supportive and they want you to do well, you have to be open and honest about when you need help. Be open to constructive criticism, and empathetic because life insurance is serious stuff. You'll either be the first person to sell them insurance or the last, so don't take that lightly.

A golden opportunity if you love both people & hard work.

The attrition rate in the insurance industry is 85% but AIL Canada does a very good job of setting their agents up for success. The resources you need are paid for by the company. The company had devised a brilliant system to pair agents with clients requesting visits. It is hard work finding your groove in this business, but AIL has definitely created systems thst work, if you follow them I intend to system for a long while!!

Was a great job but required a lot of travel away from my family!

Was a great job but in order to do well you had to travel a lot! I would recommend this to someone who can take time away from their family! It is not the job for someone who cannot self direct themselves

Pros

Can make a lot of money, good training and leadership

Cons

Travel and must work weekends to get people when they are available

Opportunity Unlimited Income

What I like about working at AIL is that I was always in control of my career advancements and the amount of income I wanted to make for that year. Great place to work if you like: - No ceilings with your income - Full union benefits (dental, vision and medical) - Paid for travel incentives and vacation trips

Best Workplace

I was provided with the best training I could ever ask for. Coming from a sales background, i thought this is gonna be easy but it wasn't. The sales you do are totally different from what people normally perceive from what sales are. You act professional and clients actually respect you while you're interacting with them. Plus, the incentives and growth oppurtunities are unlimited.

Horrible

Worst job I have ever had. The "interview" is conducted by a greasy salesman who boasts of AIL being a fortune 500 company and average first year salary being 70-90K. I can tell you of my hiring class I was the only one left when I quit (after 5 months) and I only made 7K in that time. They lie, and have you lie, to get yourself into a person home and down at the kitchen table, after which you are taught in manipulation and aggressive sales tactics to try and sell insurance that is 3x more expensive than you'd get through your bank or a respected broker. They prey on the poor and less intelligent. I hope CBC news does an undercover on this scam.

Discipline is Required

Its an amazing company with amazing benefits for employees, even BETTER for (Union) Members. Need to work on 30, 60 days support for newly released agents. However leads are provided and training as far as engagement with members is great. Had to leave temporarily for health reasons BUT WILL BE VACK FOR SURE Management needs a bit more development, however there IS ROOM TO GROW as long as you have the discipline and work ethic to do it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AIL Canada. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement