AIL Canada Employee Reviews

if your looking for something different, because your tired of what's out there
Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 June 2018
There's a lot off different and growing unique opportunities out there and this company definitely has the best. Truly lucrative because of benefits and compensation packages. You truly get what you're worth out of this opportunity and as well get to enjoy great group benefits just like any other "job" out there. The initial investment in yourself is pretty minimal considering potential return on your investment. And because we are unionized they've negotiated a nice retirement compensation after only a few years of service compared to what we're used to after 40-50yrs at a job. During our years of service we get to enjoying have a very flexible schedule, and work as hard or smart as we like.
Pros
great office culture (friendly/supportive), team get-togethers, on going coaching
Cons
hard work when your new and if you choose to not work hard, it won't work out.
Competitive but in a human way
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 May 2018
Requires a lot of personal investment upfront but the workplace is uplifting and very high energy. Overall a great place to work for. Its suggested to have some savings or part time job to help out with the start up.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
a lot of meetings
Productivity and Growth
HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 April 2018
AIL Canada is a great place to work. The environment is professional and the culture of the office is amazing. Co-workers and staff are very kind, polite and willing to help everyone in the office succeed. There is a very competitive nature however, it is healthy and friendly. I love being at work because the hours are flexible and I can work around my own schedule. The company offers a lot of growth into Managerial roles which is absolutely wonderful, especially for those seeking a long term career.
Ail canada
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC17 April 2018
Working at AIL was a different experience. I applied for a different position and was given a different position. It was not was I was expecting. It is a good company overall, but its not for me.
Great company...terrible local management
Supervising Agent (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 March 2018
Great company...terrible local management
Good ability to make money, but must be very dedicated and have the ability to work hard on your own.
Unfortunately upper regional management did not care about hearing of bad local management and did nothing to rectify the issues.
Pros
Good money possible
Work Hard, Play Harder. Rewarding emotionally
Sales (Current Employee) –  Edmonton8 March 2018
I left my medical career that capped my income. Stable and benefits yes, growth. no.
I don't regret it for a second.
If you understand how hard work pays off, can be adaptable there is no concern.
Their training is fantastic. They will never leave you hanging or not provide the needed to tools to thrive in this job.

CATCH
If anybody could do it. Then everybody would!
This is not a job that spoon feeds you money.
But if you are willing to learn, trust the process. I personally know this is the best choice you can ever make.

Flexible hours, unlimited income amazing teams provided to work alongside of.

Every tool provided to thrive
Pros
Every tool to succeed provided. Unlimited income
Cons
Need work ethic, be ready for a positive challenge
They do recruiting every day
agent (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON23 February 2018
They recruit insurance agents every day. In fact, their products are the same as most other life insurance companies. Agents got paid from 2/3 of the premium, which agents sold.

Can you be a good insurance agent? To help them cheat money?
Pros
An excellent cheater and liar
Cons
walk away from them, never trust their promises
Benefits Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2018
There is intensive training every week, you can make as much as you want if you work hard. The schedule is very flexible. You work at your own pace. You are your own boss
Pros
A lot of training
Cons
A lot of changes in the company
Challenging but rewarding
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2018
Being apart of AIL has challenged me, push me forward on my career path. If you have excellent sales skills you will truly thrive here. You get out what you put in, AIL allows you to create your own schedule but don’t expect to work two day a week to make your money if you work hard you’ll do well. If you’re motivated you’ll make phenomenal money, make friends and create endless opportunities for yourself.
Pros
Networking, great money, environment, challenging
Cons
Slow to start off, commission based
not too bad at all
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 January 2018
So once you get the course and get your license,you are given scripts to read and learn then you go out with one of the senior staff and they get you "coded"so you can start making phone calls and get out there and making business.The only problem is some of their leads are 10 years old and when you speak to clients,they inform you that the person is dead
Pros
Good Money
Cons
Proceed at your own risk
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2018
In a nut shell this is a numbers game, leads are generated by a marketing company owned by the same person who heads the agency,Who in turn gets paid by AIL insurance.Regardless of results.Newbies are given recycled leads.
Candidates are hired indiscriminately regardless of their potential or experience ,once they become licensed and are trained they are sent out in the field under the wings of inexperienced pathetic managers who sadly are clutching at straws, or have been with the company long enough to have a portfolio of clients of which generates steady sales so you are left to your own demise.
You will get awesome motivational talks by the Agency leader.
I kid you not AWSOME!! motivation, as far as support well that is another matter.
Incredible opportunity
Insurance Sales Representative, Supervising Agent (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 December 2017
AIL is a life insurance company, and it's sales. Of course you get charge backs if you sell bad business, but that's because they pay you up front as if the client had already payed a year. That's how it works in any sales company, but what sets AIL apart is the opportunity for growth and the training. They also provide you with people to see meaning you don't have to go sell your friends and family.
You get one on one time with managers throughout the training process, they show you how to work and help you stay accountable to yourself. At the end of the day, the managers here do not need their trainees to make money because they make enough to support themselves. That means that it's on you to take this seriously and show them you're worth investing in. If you give them the time and a positive attitude, they will take you from 0 experience in sales to an effective agent in a matter of months.
You can also train and recruit people under yourself, meaning that you can work with your friends and not just sell them. There is nobody above you stopping you from getting promoted, promotion is based on defined results. The top guy in our company started off in the same place we all did.
The best part about working here is the renewals, which means that you can make money for the rest of your life off of work you did previously. Every year you stay, your base line income increases exponentially as you get better at your job and renewals accumulate.
If you can work, stay positive, and want to learn then this job offers the most exciting opportunity for financial gain.
Pros
Leads given, Training provided, Performance based, Make your own hours, Build your own team
Cons
Sales Job, Simple but not easy, Not for everyone
They throw you to the wolves then blame you for no understanding.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON28 November 2017
You get 2 weeks of online studying through pages and pages of text, then 3 days of in class training before they send you out on your own. You get assigned managers who could care less what problems you're having as long as they're making money off you. If you're not making enough money they drop you in a heart beat, no warning, just dropped.
Pros
Set your own schedule, work super hard and make money.
Cons
Lack of training and support from managers.
Not the best place to work
Agent (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 October 2017
Lack of direction, leadership or mentorship. Also no job security and little to no training. Everyone is accepted to the positions which indiciates a lot of turnover is expected.
Great place to start your sales career
Life Insurance Sales (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 September 2017
A great place to begin your life insurance sales career. Lots of opportunity for advancement. Make friends and long lasting relationships. A great employer for new sales people.
Pros
Great pay
Work with Unlimited Potential
Supervising Agent (Current Employee) –  Meyerside Drive, mississauga28 July 2017
So if you want to manage your own time and have a work life balance this is the best place to do that. You gets hands on training never left on your own always with a manger to help you with every step of the way. Yes it is a performance based salary but any place where you have Unlimited income is always based on what you put into it is the income you will get out of it. Anyone who is looking to make Unlimited money and likes to spend time with family whenever they want and is looking to advance their career into a management capacity based on performance should work here.
Pros
Work my own schedule
good place to work
Career Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 June 2017
no timings, only commission. u can schedule your work. good potential to earn money. leads will be given we have to follow up the leads for conversion
Applied but didn't get the job, interesting culture and office
Entry Level Managemement (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC29 May 2017
I applied to a job post for entry level management. I specifically applied because I do not have too much management experience so I wanted to get my foot in the door at entry level. Most places didn't respond to my resume so I was actully pretty glad I got a call back.

First, a phone interview, then second was a personal interview. The second interview was a bit more laid back than the first phone interview. I passed the personal interview, and actually made it through the group. Initially I didn't know too much about the role, but I applied anyways because the job post stated they provided benefits and I didn't have to work weekends.

The group interview was very interesting. I had come in thinking it was a just an office position where I assisted in paperwork or some admin stuff but it turns out it was something different that I had never gotten into before or even had a clue about.

They told me after the group interview that they would let me know if I got the job or not. Unfortunately I didn't receive a call or email.
Pros
Benefits, No weekends, Good location
Cons
Didn't get the job
not for everyone
Financial Planner (Former Employee) –  Vancouver12 April 2017
The job was advertised as sales management executive. You have to have or obtain an insurance license.

You receive warm leads from various unions. You call them and set up a meeting to do a presentation with the intention for them to buy permanent insurance.
Pros
income potential is good
Cons
The leads are not great. The people that really need it, can't really always afford it. High pressure to make sales targets
Challenge
Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 January 2017
did not receive proper training from management. management is more interested in $ than employees. work is stricly on commission. you receive charge backs on your sales.
Pros
Set your own hours
Cons
Charge backs