Aidells Sausage Company Employee Reviews

Independent Contractor setup
LA area - Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA19 January 2018
your day is laid out a week in advance and you are responsible to do all the work. You bring the supplies, count the product before and after shift to judge how well you sold that day. you prepare and distribute the product to the customers while explaining discounts, recipes and cooking preferences.
Pros
not constantly micromanaged
Cons
24 hours a week tops
Handing out chicken sausage samples
Sales (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO7 January 2018
Can be to speak with all the customers. My manager was terrible. I don't think she is still there, so it is probably much better now. Was fun speaking with customers.
No full time
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FL12 December 2017
Had a good time working here, but the amount of work you have to do is not for a part time position and they were not willing to grant me a full time position.
Decent job
Product Sales and Demonstration (Former Employee) –  Maine1 December 2017
Was a decent job, helped pay the bills while in college. Typical day involved set up, product counts, cooking product and talking about said product. Once you learned the routine it became kind of mundane. My biggest complaint was not getting my paycheck when I should, because the person in charge didn't submit the paperwork on time or at all. My next biggest issue was showing up to do a demo and the store did not have any product to demo or sell. They no no longer do their own demos.
Review
DEMONSTRATOR (Current Employee) –  San Lorenzo, CA4 November 2017
Aidell's Sausage Company is a a great company to work for Although there were no benefits we only got sales bonus. after company was sold management was not very good I got to meet lot of people I learned how to sell. How to be patient. How to no when a customer is going to buy product. The hardest part of the job was all the equipment that carried home
Pros
Cons
short breaks
Great company to work for before acquisition
Operation Planner (Current Employee) –  San Lorenzo, CA10 October 2017
Aidells Sausage Co was a great place to start my professional career. My direct manager was a huge influence in my maturity in the workplace. He provided the guidance to succeed while also allowing the autonomy to work and learn individually.
need incentitives to get raises
Food Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Groton, CT8 October 2017
ive been top sales person for over a year no chance for a raise ..>........../././././././/./././././.././/./.././ why not i make my numbers i do a good job
Pros
love my job
Cons
no raise
Very Demanding
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Georgia, Alabama,South Carolina6 October 2017
Corporate Tyson and ASM do not care about their employees in the field.. I love the product I represent but we have no support from above. Change policies daily and weekly.
Pros
Working with Store Managers and my Brand Ambassadors
Cons
Lack of recognition for top sales numbers
Fun workplace
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TX5 August 2017
Fun place to work a lot of productivity always on your feet. Good leadership fun and positivity all around from everyone. Hardest part is staying all shift up on feet
Productive place to work
Food Demonstration Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NY10 July 2017
A place where you can interact with people and make new friends while being able to sell them the product. The customer focus will allow us to provide items in that region that they like.
Pros
Good food
Cons
Trying to sell customers product they already buy.
No longer in existence
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  San Lorenzo, CA7 June 2017
The company has been purchased and the demonstrating portation is now handled by Asset Management Services.

The company was an ok place to work prior to the buyout. Now with working for AMS, your just a number in the wind.
The Best Company That I Have Ever Worked For!
Nor Cal/PNW Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Lorenzo, CA1 June 2017
I had such a wonderful experience working here! Great culture, really fun product and the job itself was super enjoyable. If it hadn't been for the buy out, I would have certainly stayed!
Brand Ambassador/Roadshow demos
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  San Lorenzo, CA24 May 2017
• Roadshow setup and take down
• Preparation and cooking of samples and serving in a clean and sanitized area detail to temperature control
• Professional communication with members, sales motivated
• Food handler and safety certified
Pros
Better pay than most places
Cons
No chance of advancement
It was an excellent company
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CA7 April 2017
It was one of my favorite jobs ever. Hope my next job will come close to the experience and culture of Aidells. My bosses were very hands on and willing to share their knowledge with the team.
Cons
Company was bought out and thus we all lost our jobs.
Good Part time Job
Costco Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL25 January 2017
Great if your looking for a part time weekend Job. You have to drive to different locations. I loved that you never get used to the same store. It was a decent Job.
Pros
Pay
Cons
hours
Fun Job
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA10 November 2016
I currently work for Aidell's and enjoy the position. Pay is decent and it's fun interacting with the customers & the employees at different location
Pros
Pay, Working Independantly
Cons
Travel, Dragging the Kit Around
Part-time job, decent wage but no benefits
Demonstrator/Promoter (Former Employee) –  Moline, IL11 December 2015
This company has a upscale product. No clear path for advancement, or wage increase. Job entails that you must haul everything for the demonstrations. Good and Bad. Good you don't have to wrangler stores equipment. Bad the stuff is hard on your vehicle.
Unrealistic expectations!
Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  New York, NY8 November 2015
Yes the job pays 14 an hour and yes you get commission if you sell an insane amount. It is very unrealistic to sell over 50 packages of sausages and meatballs that are priced ridiculously high in a matter of 6 hours and some of the stores they send you to are near dead no one coming in and they question why you aren't selling enough and than don't believe you when you tell them the stores they're sending you to are extremely slow and its impossible to sell if nobody's around. They will also accuse you of not liking the product and that is why the people don't like it but if you tell them something like people say they don't like the taste or its too expensive you get accused of not liking the product and get compared to people who go to extremely busy stores. If you're a person who loves sales and you're great at sales than this "job" is probably for you but if you are sent to slow stores every weekend and don't sell enough you're going to get accused of things and your boss will be very rude to you.
Pros
the pay I guess
Cons
little hours, unrealistic sales goals, get talked down to, get compared to people who have been doing it for years, dumb boss
Aidells/Tyson Foods Review
Field Operations Mgr (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CA29 October 2015
Aidells Sausage company has changed from a small company to a the large corporate world. Although big, Tyson was a very good employer and impressive to work for.
Fun interaction with the public.
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  San Lorenzo, CA21 October 2015
Fun job to have. Great boss. Really straight forward working environment. You're giving free samples of a product that can sell itself and is much healthier than pork alternatives. You get to be the hero each and every weekend. Not a bad gig.