Agway Metals Inc.

Agway Metals Inc. Employee Reviews

3.0Job Security & Advancement
Excellent staff, free breakfast every Friday
Bilingual Inside Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 October 2019
My typical day starts as I get up early and try to get to work at least 25 minutes before the ‘start time’. In this way, I can avoid any delays due to traffic jams and can still be on time for work. Then, I sit down and plan the day. I jot down what all plans I have to complete and prioritize them depending on their urgency and importance. I check my voice mails and emails and the calendar and try to make plans such as organizing meetings and such. This way I can increase my pace for doing work and can be more productive for the day.
On a typical Monday morning, I usually begin by going over the list from the previous week. This way I can set up my priorities. I review the status of the projects that I’m currently working on and I try to finish any pending work if present. I try to make sure that all the work assigned to me is moving forward and without any glitches.
A decent job with lots of helpful people that are easy to get along with.
Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Exeter, ON1 December 2017
I started as a helper right out of high school on the night shift. I had no problem getting along with everyone and I learned tons! I worked my way up into a journeyman position where I was running various types of machines. I enjoyed it a lot. Having the ability to produce products with the knowledge that I gained was a great feeling. The hardest part of the job was the shift. It sucked, but I was making good money at the time and I had nothing holding me back. Plus, nights were only 4 nights a week, which is key to someone who likes having their weekend off.
Pros
Free luncheons, could order company work shirts so you are not wrecking your own shirts at work.
Cons
The hours sucked (4:30pm - 3:30am).
free lunches
Forklift and Combi operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 October 2016
was not an easy place to work. there seemed not to be enough people and equipment and training.there wasn"t enough storage space for finished product
People are friendly to work with.
Production/Health& Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brampton,ON; Exeter,ON19 January 2014
Its a good place to work, i have learned about Manufacturing, Operations, Scheduling ,Health&Safety here.
It's a bit slow in implementing any planned changes.
Great people and good work environment.
Combilift Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 October 2012
Great hours, lots of overtime availability, good pay. Great people to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Agway Metals Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Agway Metals Inc. Reviews by Location