AGS Automotive Systems

AGS Automotive Systems Employee Reviews

Canada17 reviews
Was good
Enjoyed working there. Everyone was awesome. Guys are chill. Supervisors are ok. Pay was minimum wage but no big deal. Laid back and easy as long as you do your job
Great Place to Work
I have been working in a Maintenance Department for almost 2 years now. I like everything about being a part of this department and the company. The ownership have continuous improvement and growth oriented mindsets. They welcome innovation and aknowledge new ideas.
Busy lots of lifting
8 hours a day.. 5 days a week, busy lifting metal and washing metal all day. you get 10 minute break and a 20 minute lunch break you gotta do probation to get on the union to secure a jon, takes 3 months probation with union dew
toxic workplace
harassment is an every day event with no intervention from HR, numerous people have quit due to this issue; don't go if you are a woman
A typical day starts with 1 hour of screaming in a production meeting, culture is 'watch your back' nothing is discussed openly to improve the systems. If you kiss up you will get away with anything
Good company to work for
Just looking for change need to explore closer to home works well alone and with others able to think on the fly good work habits get along with management very well I am respected from the top down
Co workers are decent, everything else sucks
Working at ags I met some decent people but other than that it's a garbage company to work for, all the supervisors except 1 have a bone to pick with you even if your getting your work done, unrealistic expectations for workers, if you some how get hired on permanently and get unionized you get a decent pay bump and benefits but ags only hires temps and fires them after a couple monthsso don't get your hopes up they are most likely using you for hard labour
Wasn't there long...
Keep in mind i was only there on a placement from an employment agency. But i rather enjoyed my time at AGS automotive. The work was fun, tiring yes, but fun. The people i worked with were extremely kind to me to my memory. I would say the management was a little disorganized at time, especially regarding lateness. I was sometimes unnecessarily penalized and that was not enjoyable. I also didn't enjoy inhaling metal fumes with just a simple white mask while the other workers wore what basically amounted to gas masks. I also found it hard to hear in the workplace as i have a hearing disability, but besides these drawbacks all i have to say is "Thanks for the minimum wage paycheck and the fun times, but i think you have some things to work on guys"
Pros
Factories are pretty cool to be in.
Cons
Dispassionate management in regards to the well-being of the workers
Good people and team. Safety is an issue.
Good pay and benefits , most of the people are helpful.Have some issues with safe practices and following rules. Often stray away from doing the right thing to ensure production is covered. Very strong Union presents and a times compromise the proper thing to do.
Experienced workforce,
Reasonable work environment, lack talent in certain areas.
Lots of room for personal advancement, for talented motivated individuals.

Business units were small and specific.

Company seemed profitable.
Pros
Leader in their industry
Cons
Not very diverse
Okay i guess
This job was more of a temporary stepping stone. They don't allow for growth. The supervisors are immature, and so are most of the co-workers. Not a warming place to work.
AGS Automotive Systems
AGS was a great company to work for. I received my C of Q as a Millwright working for AGS Automotive. The Facility is a Stamping and Plating operation. Job duties included the maintenance and repairs of Stamping Presses, Hoists, Pumps, Conveyors and the maintenance of a tool room.
Good Company
Good company to work for. Salary was a drawback, but the people were great. Hours of work were good. Opportunities to advance within the company were good.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Salary
HR Assistant
i like working here, they are very focused on health and safety. Management is very kind and they've helped me move in my career and explore new ideas.
Automotive Manufacturing
Manage the day to day manufacturing operations. Lead team of production supervisors and managers to meet business objectives
I am currently employed but looking to better myself.
I change date stamps, set up and run automatic presses regularly in an automotive plant. I enjoy the type of work and the people I work with as well as have good communication among other employees and management staff. I train new employees on jobs including quality assurance, hand eye coordination, and several skills required for production.
Pros
I enjoy paid lunches
Productive and interesting workplace with lots to teach
A typical day at work was very instructive and exiting. I learned new ways to troubleshoot equipment, also how to program different devices. Management was always very nice to me and helped in any way they could. Most of my co-workers were very nice and taught me a lot of valuable lessons, some related to work others related to safety. The hardest part of my job was when several machines where down at the same time and having to run from one place to another to help troubleshoot and fix them. The most enjoyable part of my job was figuring out what the problem was and getting the machine to run.
great place to work
I worked with alot of skilled talented people. alot of custom stamping and croming took place there. I enjoyed the new day to day challenges.