Agropur
Happiness score is 56 out of 100

Working at Agropur: Employee Reviews

Canada224 reviews

milkcheesesalaryproductshiftsupervisorfreewage

Great place to work, great pay, benefits and pension. Lots of overtime. People are nice, management needs to be more approachable. They should appreciate their workers more and hire them on instead of temp service.

Work atmosphere is very bad.

Very poorly run company. Have lost over 85% of their management staff in the last few months with no exit interviews. Work place is in chaos with overtime out of control. Claim to have key values but do not demonstrate them. Integrity is a value that they claim to have but is lacking. Company is poorly run from the east with its head office in Montreal. New Plant and Production Mangers have no idea what they are doing. The Plant is in serious pain.

Insights into Agropur

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Energizing work tasks

Union runs the place

A flagship of the dairy industry in North America but unfortunately for management the entire place is ran by the union. Ultimately they are the ones running the show. Supervisors input is ignored more often then not. You need to have friends in the right places if you want to be recognized and taken into consideration.

Cons

Union runs the place and encourages parasitic behavior of employees.

It's a job

Everyone is always complaining and the people are very "clickish" , training is pretty much non existant unless you happen to get a good senior crew member , a lot of turnover lately, no real feedback on performance from management.

One of the worst places to wor

Incompetent management. Bad culture. Asked to define what my role was, but management was not able to give me an answer and simply asked me to go to small markets to increase business, when they already had if not all then most of our items. Territory responsibility was a gong show

Pros

No pros

Cons

All cons

Good pay

Work culture is so-so. This company is pretty much like all factories. Work schedule is chaotic and changes throughout the week. For example, one day you Work until 10:30 pm and then have to come in for 7 am the next morning. Which is legal, but exhausting for the employee. This leads to accidents but "it's legal". Great pay but at what cost? I recommend working here only until something better comes along.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

No work - life balance.

Good place to work if you are looking to gain experience in a growing industry.

Management is always unaware of the problems and have unrealistic expectations being that it is a production facility and down time is expensive. The union employees have a culture of "its not my job", and negativity. That said the pay is good for what the job is and job is overall pretty secure.

Collaborative

Good place that promotes worklife balance . Safety driven and collaborative. Management has goals to achieve to be profitable. Mostly good communication and planning of the activities.

Long hours shift

Good pay but low life quality The management sucks There’s too much overtime They give formation The work it’s pretty easy and simple to do but you can get tired after a while

Co-pack

Been work co-packing for very long times about 5 yrs , I was so happy feeling safe and I have lots of friends there like a family's I wish that there bring back co-packing work its help my pay my rent and bills and now I'm break feel like I'm going back to be homeless, 😔looking for new job hard to find I really miss working there so bad and thank you for having me working there💜.

Équipe finance stressante

Il y avait une ambiance de compétition entre les employés d’une même équipe. Les gens là-bas on constamment peur de perdre leurs emplois. Les deadlines sont dit à la dernière minute et plusieurs fois on nous demande 5min avant que l’on quitte de rester pour faire des dossiers. Aucun équilibre travail famille. Lorsque quelque chose ne fait pas notre affaire vaux mieux rien dire, très hiérarchique et vieux jeux.

Pros

Bon salaire et beaux bureau

Cons

Aucun équilibre travail-famille, stressant, ambiance de compétition

Entreprise ok, culture problématique

Je n'ai pas aimé mon expérience chez Agropur. C'était très froid et les gens qui y travaillaient à l'époque étaient définitivement là pour els mauvaises raisons. Je ne sentais pas l'équipe. Je ne recommande malheureusement pas.

Pros

Fromage et yogourt gratuit

Cons

Gestion, Syndicat, Haute direction

Decent place to work in the summer due to the freezer and good pay

The work is hard and the training is not very good. You will get better at driving the machines as you go. The pay was very good even for a student, but you will work full time even on part time salaries.

Pros

You get lots of breaks

Fun

Great place to work.Busy schedule. Have to work several years to turn full time. Have to work night shifts in the beginning. They do try to get you hours when work is less busy.

Pros

Good pay

Équipe dynamique

Bonne job , bonne condition , salaire intéressant , milieu alimentaire propre

Always a room for learning

Employees are helping each other like a family you dont feel like youre not belong to the group even when you first met them. Nothing i can see that is makes me uncomfortable.

Pros

Competitive salary

Cons

They dont offer full-time employment yet

Pretty bad place

Work conditions aren’t very good and the management is unorganized. The people are either very nice or completely annoying. Old people always complain about new workers.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Bad management

Fast paced work environment

You get to have job security but barely any room for advancement for the visibly minority. Management doesn’t care about their employees as they make it seem. Fast paced work environment. Factory work is what it is.

Pros

Union. Weekends off.

Toxic work place

Pros - Maintenance and maintenance manager was awesome Cons - No one was happy, very toxic work place, Alot is expected from you, upper management is really bad, union is very bad, pay is low, benefits really sucks and is the worst Ive seen by far.

Très bien

J’ai travaillé à cette entreprise 33 ans et pris ma retraite après

Pros

Beaucoup de possibilités d’avancement

Cons

Le syndicat

Environnement de travail très intéressante, possibilité d'avancement

Un bonne place pour se former dans le milieu industriel. Beaucoup de possibilités d'avancement. Bon environnement de travail.

Pros

Transport en commun très près de l'usine, horaires de travail compatible avec le transport en commun

Cons

Une seule pause de 35 minutes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Agropur. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement