Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited

- good salaries;

- organized;

- no micromanagement;

- life-work balance.
Pros
A great team and great management
Cons
Contract
Do yourself a favor and steer clear of this company. Hypocrites favoritism and overall horrible place to work. Most of the management does not have a clue and are not nice people
Pros
Good money
Cons
Horrible camp and very unclean with mold.
Des mon arrivée, que ce soit en région où dans le grand nord, je me suis sentie accueillie. L'ambiance entre les employés est très agréable, respect, entraide et sympathique.
La vie au sein de cette entreprise est très agréable.
Mixed experience here. Positives was the experienced to work in a new industry, in the Arctic, most of the people I met, but it was later outweighted with heavy downsides. AEM Meliadine was the first place where regulations and laws were to be overlooked - using non-qualified, non-licensed people to do regulated work. I came under fire for touring the safety guy from my supervisor, general supervisor and later superintendent, obviously not a good thing. Lots of other preventive maintenance things or imperative repairs were wrote off until later disaster to boost balance sheet and individual management figures (general supervisor, superintendent, in my case). Eventually it become a depressing place to work. Too many insider hires and friends promoting friends. Had to face anti-Mideast hostilities here and came under fire for complaining to management about that. Becoming a non-pluralistic work envionrment. AEM needs to cleaning house in my opinion at Meliadine in Site Services and possibly elsewhere or risk a large financial loss.
12 hours of work with 12 hours of resting time, people there are very kind, mostly french people, but still friendly, its a nice place to work, very big.
At first the place looks nice and dandy. People seem not to care about you and Finance is a the worst, they don't even acknowlege you when they walk by. Fake smile. People don't seem to care about other people. HR is very unorganized and no communication what so ever. They put you on contract and treat you as you don't exist. HR has a very poor management. People come and go and HR does not let the people that work there know who are the new people or when people leave the company, people don't seems to know where these people are. You ask HR and they pretend they don't know. HR treats people very poorly and absolutely NO Communication. Its terrible. They seem to be nice at first until you get to know them.
Great place to work , beautiful new state of the art power house . People are fantastic , food is good . Safety is always first . I don't have anything more to add to this . So good by
Pros
2 & 2 rotation
Cons
We have to pay for our travel to and from work
people are awesome ....exempt for the HR Groupe there hypocrites make promesses that they dont keep so be very vigilant . as they will hire you as a contract then wait a year to pay you full benefits
Pros
good people
Cons
camp sucks just bars missing on windows
agnico as a nice image but not so nice behind the inage bunch of punks that come out of school and know if there but is punched or bored....but pleple are great camp is so so
Pros
good money
Cons
disorganize a little too much
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited?
Ils ont beaucoup d'emplois comme contracteur, alors tu es pour eux un employée à rabais et tu n'as pas aucun avantage ni de sécurité d'emploi. Ils ont un très beau slogan pour les valeurs de l'entreprise mais ne suivent pas du tout leur propre valeur (dans notre département). C'est dommage parce que c'est vraiment une super belle entreprise et les coéquipiers sont super.
Pros
Nice people great work family balance .
Cons
Alot of job as contractors and no job security
day begins with shift crossover followed by safety meeting,. lots of challenging repairs relating to the cold weather, good place to learn new things , high turn over, very good co workers.
Pros
good co workers
Cons
camp rooms unpleasant
working for agnico eagle mines ltd. ( gold mind ) is located in or at baker lake nunavut and rankin inlet nunavut is a good benefit while working for them and making new friends. you get to go home with lots of money depending on your skills, 2 weeks in 2 weeks out or doing overtime to make more money. I miss working for them
Pros
good food
Cons
12 hours a day or night
This organization is led by individuals focused solely on self promotion, skilled at saying all the right things, but ignorant and uninterested in the ways of actually following through on those words.
working at Agnico is fun. it is always busy and everyone is onto something. respect and team work is a valuable attribute that is mandatory for all workers. The management takes care for all her workers as workers are all entitle to health benefit and Employment insurance
Pros
free lunch and dinner
Cons
waking up early everyday
Generally friendly and positive work environment. But, needs more structure across the board. Work life balance is challenging, depending on position.
No additional comments will be provided at this time as it is felt that the overall rating provided in the prior section is sufficient to establish an impression of the organisation.
Pros
No additional comments
Cons
No additional comments
Fly IN Fly OUT gold mine in Nunavut.
Good experience working in an isolated part of the world

Great team to work with

Good overall living conditions

Harsh climate
Fantastic place to be. Great Executive Team - Great People, culture and work environment.

Everyone works collaboratively as a team - great respect for employees - one of the best work environments I have been in.
Pros
People & perks
self employment and being your own boss is great, but the only thing about my self employment is that its only seasonal in the winter. Meaning i need another source of income. Time to pursue a full time employment.
Pros
being own boss
Cons
only seasonal during winters
When I first begun working for Agnico Eagle, I was enthusiastic and excited with all these job opportunities. I made sure I was at work on time, made sure I did what was required. But was grieved that they had not accepted my reasons to leave for awhile and go back to work for them.
Pros
Good food, good pay.
Cons
Bad communication and no care.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3