Aggreko

3.8Pay & benefits

Insights into Aggreko

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness

Good points and bad points

Great people, very dynamic working environment. Lots of opportunity for travel. Reasonable pay and working conditions. Work life balance is non existent at times, extremely lean business model that requires most employees to wear multiple hats in a day (account manager, bill collector, project manager, on call for service etc etc etc) All in it was a good place to spend nearly 8 years and look back fondly. My only complaint is they want to compete with other players in the market but are unwilling to commit completely. We regularly didn’t have equipment to meet urgent demands, and the pricing structure was way out to lunch. Aggreko does big and complicated projects better than anyone in the world but trips overIt’s own feet trying to secure and revive a smallConstruction project.

Pros

Great training, travel, people

Cons

Heavy work load, no work life balance, unrealistic expectations

not fun at all

the stupidest place I ever worked. out dated technology about 20yrs it was to slow and took half a day to enter your time. paper work would have been faster.

Pros

Cons

too many to list

Decent Place to work

Not a terrible place to work. Most people are great, sales is over demanding, but are coached not to say No. Long days and constantly on call, however, this was being worked on so hopefully better now.

Pros

Great people, great benefits from day 1

What can I say

Some good people work there. But like any large company as soon as the bottom line drops it is the workers that suffer. I do not like being asked to talk about a company I do not want to talk about.

High Stress

Company is run under a very lean model making it a high overtime job with poor work life balance for technicians. It is HQ in the USA and no HR representation or senior leadership representation located in Canada. Salary is low balled due to the high overtime off set. In 3.5 yrs, I had 2 weeks where I was not tied to my cell phone even when not on call and only because I was on an Island in the Caribbean.

Pros

Bonus structure if thresholds are met

Cons

long hours, poor senior leadership, no senior leadership representatives in Canada, No HR representation in Canada, No understanding of Canadian Apprenticeship model, no understanding of its requirements relating to salaries

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aggreko. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Aggreko