Aggreko

Canada20 reviews

Clear
3.2Job security & advancement

What can I say

Some good people work there. But like any large company as soon as the bottom line drops it is the workers that suffer. I do not like being asked to talk about a company I do not want to talk about.

Only one downside when tied to the oil and gas industry...

Great company, unfortunately all eggs in one basket approach to oil and gas business results in a complete lack of job security...not that there is much when you are an "at will" employee just like with any other employer. To be fair, when times were good, this company rocked! Very dedicated to training employees, and all the overtime hours you could handle. Definitely tried to be a "Safety 1st' culture company, but as with any other, the real rule sometimes came off as "safety when it is convenient".

Pros

Solid commitment to training, safety, lots of communication, expenses always paid within 2 week period, above average compensation.

Cons

You will become a "working monk" if you let them overtime you to death, no corporate expense card, so you better have a good credit card with at least a $2500 limit so you can prepay expenses, HR run from USA so expect confusion with Canadian rules, and be patient with on-boarding process as it takes awhile.

generally good days

vast wealth of knowledge within co-workers, they are great to work with. I enjoy the variety of equipment that I get to work on. the hardest part of the job is being oncall all the time.

Pros

World wide organization

Cons

always on call

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aggreko. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Aggreko