AGF Management Limited

AGF Management Limited Employee Reviews

Canada37 reviews
I was lucky enough to have worked for 9.5 years at AGF. I relocated outside of the country or I'd still be there.

Great management. Great growth opportunities- which I took advantage of. Great benefits. Great team.

RRSP Season does disrupt the work/life balance. But the dividends are worth it.

I would highly recommend AGF Management.
Small boutique firm that is family owned. Have been downsizing as they are trying to cut costs across all departments. Work in sales which doesn’t have the best rep on the street
Your day is busy with many responsibilities. Salary does not increase at the pace you would expect, but they try to be competitive. Great colleagues and good learning environment.
No job security because you are monitored constantly and if a mistake happens you can be fired for just cause in the call center department. Staff is good.
Good place to work. Great atmosphere. Good Training. Supportive Management. 7.5 Hours per day 5 Days a week. Variable schedule, High pressure work. Sometimes need to deal with difficult clients.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
High Pressure
Great leadership team, genuine desire to mentor and develop talent, inclusive environment, transparent and supportive of work life balance. Opportunities for individuals who wanted them
I was hired to begin with as a bilingual CSR, soon after my joining, within a couple of days, they had another bilingual come in and demoted me to just unilingual English CSR.
I was hired for tax season 2017 in January for at least a six months contract but was let go in my fourth month i.e. April without cause.
Pros
Nice environment to work
Cons
Unjust dismissal
Typical daily duties would vary on time of the year (ex. month end, RSP season). Learned to juggle various responsibilities and learned how to deal with different personalities.
This is a wonderful organization to work for.

The Goldring family legacy and influence still drives the core values of AGF Management Company.

A performance-driven company with a focus on professionalism in every department..
Pros
Great Employer
Cons
Worked hard, but never had a bad experience in my 9 years there
People really worked together to achieve a great client experience
Really good work life balance.

Lots of team building activities

Loved being able to take a day off to volunteer
- Plenty of opportunities to grow professionally (Opportunities to grow are visible and can be taken on, work is challenging, and support for education is great)
- Can see how my work makes a difference

- Fantastic benefit plan!!

- Management encourages innovation

- Compensated well

- Great work environment and location (Toronto)
Its not every work place you can make life time friends. We were a team, a unit and worked as One. Its nice that after the many years I still have close contacts with my team members. A great work culture, aiming for team and individual success.
AGF's Finance and Accounting department is an awesome place to work at. Senior management is very caring and everyone works really hard and together as a family.
AGF's Finance and Accounting department is a fantastic place to work. I have been with AGF for the past 6 years and absolutely love the people there. Everyone is willing to help each other in busy times and the corporate culture is amazing!
Job Work/Life Balance is good
Salary/Benefits is not bad

Job Security/Advancement is not bad

Management is good

Job Culture is good .
It was a great company to work for. The organization focused on customer satisfaction and growth and development of employees.
AGF has an excellent workplace culture and balance.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
A great deal of flexibility and autonomy is given to employees. Managerial staff is generally very approachable and considerate to employees' needs and opinions.
Reviewed and posted invoice.
Performing account analysis

Friendly and helpful colleagues. Free exchange of information and experience among colleagues.
AGF is a great company to work for in terms of culture and career growth. In my role I have gotten the opportunity to develop my system skills such as Eagle Investment systems, PL/SQL and Bloomberg. Additionally I have developed a sound understanding of Front Office Operations in the asset management industry.
Pros
Good leadership
Cons
High Turnover
I arrive 10 minutes before 8.00 am to set up and get a cup of coffee and chat with workmates.I then work on my files and address e-mails that arrived overnight.
Financial Service Representative, mortgage loans
AGF trustToronto 02/2012 to 03/2013

- Handle all post funding queries for conventional and non-conventional mortgage CMHC insured

- Assist clients for their renewal, early renewals with fixed rates or adjustable rates

- Advise clients on the refinance for a bigger house, second house, investment property or rental property

- Execute payment frequency change for clients monthly, bi-monthly, bi-weekly or weekly