AgeCare Employee Reviews

review
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooks, AB8 April 2019
nothing bad to say about this company. great managers most of the time, great work environment.
highly recommend this to other individuals seeking employeement.
Under qualified middle and upper management, with zero culture
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 April 2019
Worked here for a few years, only my colleagues makes this place a joy to work in. For a place where the main mission is to care for people, there is very little care happening for the staff helping seniors.

Work politics sours the work environment and very little can be said about the management team, especially the middle management.

Supervisors have huge egos that they become blinded to be humane to their staff in the most dire cases.

Got a feedback to share for continuous improvement? Better pipe down or you will be given less hours.

Want to join in the ranks of middle and upper management? Your credentials won't help you, your ability to play politics will.

Got a family emergency? Good luck getting that approved, better yet, good luck trying to convince 3-4 people for approvals, as all of them need to approve it, and if one doesn't approve it, well you're SOL.

Not all is bad, like I mentioned in the beginning there are still good people. Just like any workplace, there's good and bad. However, with this company all the bad ones are the ones who run the show.

However, my days here are definitely counted as you can tell from my opinion piece. I've seen this place turn from good to rotten ever since new management came in.

The last 2 years I have seen the highest turnovers in staff almost monthly. I will be among them soon.
Recreation Department is blemish on the name of organisation
Recreation Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  skypointe22 March 2019
Authentic Leadership is missing at the Manager level of Recreation department. competency,autonomy and mastery come with genuine interest and intent for the greater good of work habits.it is very sorry state of affairs in Recreation where authenticity has been replaced by manipulation of co-workers by whims and wishes of Manager with myopic vision.
Pros
growing organisation
Cons
leadership is with lack of clarity and vision
productive work
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 March 2019
good company, learned lots in during car,e, love to serve the residents/clients have fun and enjoyable working with my co-workers,management are great
Atmosphere in the Recreation Department at Skypointe is akin to a high school locker room
recreation therapist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 March 2019
-Manager needs leadership and management skills
- Loves to talk about values and policies, but in reality its all hypocrisy
- A person who is not anymore an employee should not be made topic in a departmental meeting.
- Management needs to monitor the Rec Dept to ensure that staff are lead in a decent way, not in fear
- Is there a way to train first time managers from being insecure and bitter?
- Management only listens to their own.
Pros
in the rec dept at Skypointe, none, nada, zilch, Best part of the job is when I finally quit, It was felt great to be asked to leave after returning the keys, I was able to finally turn my behind on her toxic face.
Cons
Manager needs serious leadership course.
Official response from AgeCare
8 March 2019

AgeCare’s success is not only speaking to our values and guiding principles but conducting ourselves accordingly. We appreciate any feedback that will help us achieve this success.

Productive and fun workplace for those who want to care for elders
Recreation, Companion (volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC29 January 2019
I volunteered there for about 6 months during high school. The experience taught me to be more appreciative of the elders. Overall, it was very interesting for me to assist the residents with the recreational activities and accompany in their rooms or when strolling in the garden. They have lots of stories to share too! The staff are friendly as well
An organization with great potential for growth
Director of Care (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB28 October 2018
Management skills were acquired.
Easy access to corporate and executive leadership.
The hardest part of the job was the poor staffing which resulted in long hours worked and poor staff morale.
Contributing positively to the lives of residents and employees was the most enjoyable part of the job.
student HCA (Former Employee) –  Calgary,Alberta29 September 2018
As a practicum student with Walden heights AgeCare last year I had the pleasure of working with really great people and clients I recommend agecare to anyone
Pros
Good food, great staff
Cons
Very good facility to work with.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 July 2018
Age care is a good place for the residents to live. Facility is well manage with excellent system of care ensuring welfare of all residents. As an employee I love to work in Age Care because it is employee friendly. Superb team dynamics starting from doctors to house keeping people work together and help each other.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
LPN to client ratio is very high
Great and very helpful workers
Intern (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, AB7 February 2018
As a practicum student at Strathmore AgeCare I was fortunate enough to be paired with very cheerful and healthy workers who wasted no time in assisting me with whatever help or information I needed.
Great People and Culture
Corproate Office (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 November 2016
As many people know, how good a company is depends on its leadership and for AgeCare, their executive team is great. They walk the talk and truly lead with the values of AgeCare in mind.
Pros
Growing company
Cons
corporate salaries an inequitable and benefits need to be improved
decent place to work minus communication and scheduling problems
LPN (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 August 2016
relatively standard workplace with no excessive workplace hazards or harassment. the staff and faculty have their pros and cons of course, however from day to day work, I cannot complan.
Official response from AgeCare
23 November 2016

Thanks for the feedback, we are actually in the process of implementing a new scheduling system.

gained good experience, good co-workers to work with
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 August 2015
good company to work for in healthcare, gained valuable recruitment experience, worked a temporary 6 month contract position was hoping it would lead to something long term but didn't
Pros
worked a 6 month contract- gained experience
Cons
temporary position
Lots of fun
LPN (Former Employee) –  calgary alberta4 April 2014
The staff were great to work with, had lots of fun working here. Met a lot of interesting residents. Everyday was different.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AgeCare. Our community is ready to answer.