AgeCare

AgeCare Employee Reviews

Canada25 reviews
Very poor support for nursing staff. Expected to work overtime with no pay. Management hyper critical, DOC two faced, condescending, and tight with the purse strings. Definitely need better support from management. Acknowledgement for what nurses are doing right is sorely needed. Poor morale. Everyone overworked and stressed.
I really did not like the mandatory uniforms. On the plus side, decent wages, ok benefits. Beautiful new building.
Pros
Beautiful new building. Residents are wonderful. Good learning opportunities.
Cons
Long hours, lacking support from management, critical, fake DOC
I loved working for Agecare Walden Heights. They genuinely treat all staff and
residents like family. I would highly recommend working here.

Cheers. Ty
Moral, communication, not following direction, throwing everyone in bed as soon as they have eaten their last bite if food etc. Shameful some of these staff call themselves caring individuals!
Pros
Good fte's
Cons
Nit a good work environment
There is a reason the recreation staff has such a high turn over. They work you to the bone, the manager is TERRIBLE, and they don’t actually care about the residents needs. They expect you to force these poor residents play stupid kids games that they have zero interest in. They groan when they watch you like a hawk! You get one break, and they give you a schedule to the minute. You have to be a robot to work there.
Middle Management 2 faced and vindictive. If you can’t put your head down and make sure all your work is completed you get written up, they attempt to break you down to lose your license or quit.

Deplorable managers who only think of money and not their staff. DOC’s get bullied by mangers and office staff. If they aren’t sheep they are fired. Unfortunately they have the staff scared of losing their jobs no one will speak up.

Great staff, great residents and a nice building make it tolerable.
22 May 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We will be sure to review this with our team as people are our priority from residents to team members. All employees (current or former) are encouraged to reach out to a member of the AgeCare HR team to share feedback, both positive and negative.
Terrible place for professional advance, lack of leadership support, toxic environment to work at, pay not as competitive to other employers, an organization that profits over people. They don't serve the good of the public by being person centered care but driven by profit. I will never work for this organization ever again.
29 April 2020
Thank you for your feedback. At AgeCare, people are our priority from residents to team members. It is unfortunate if that was not your experience. All employees (current or former) are encouraged to reach out to a member of the AgeCare HR team to share feedback, both positive and negative.
Coworkers are fantastic. Management very unprofessional. HR department needs some training, they don’t give appropriate info to the staff. I wouldn’t recommend agecare to anyone.
Lower management was great, but once you got to Director of Care and the General Manager you run into some issues. There is no room for individuality, your choices are either conform or leave. The feedback they give is incredibly vague and gives absolutely no direction. Coworkers have no idea how to observe and look into things. They assume rather then confirm. If you complain about anyone in upper management it is brushed off and you are turned into the bad guy. You are restricted within the job and there is very little room for cross training regardless of what they say.
Poor management, lack of fairness, good clients but not enough staff to provide proper time for each person. Allowed me to grow as a caregiver and provided oppourtunity
Under paid, under appreciated, under trained, and over worked. no regard for frontline workers. Money is heavy at the top, while front line staff get pennies for their hard work. Corporate is impossible to work with in making changes. too many staff getting hurt. agency is too worried about making money than taking care of their staff and and patients.
nothing bad to say about this company. great managers most of the time, great work environment.
highly recommend this to other individuals seeking employeement.
Worked here for a few years, only my colleagues makes this place a joy to work in. For a place where the main mission is to care for people, there is very little care happening for the staff helping seniors.

Work politics sours the work environment and very little can be said about the management team, especially the middle management.

Supervisors have huge egos that they become blinded to be humane to their staff in the most dire cases.

Got a feedback to share for continuous improvement? Better pipe down or you will be given less hours.

Want to join in the ranks of middle and upper management? Your credentials won't help you, your ability to play politics will.

Got a family emergency? Good luck getting that approved, better yet, good luck trying to convince 3-4 people for approvals, as all of them need to approve it, and if one doesn't approve it, well you're SOL.

Not all is bad, like I mentioned in the beginning there are still good people. Just like any workplace, there's good and bad. However, with this company all the bad ones are the ones who run the show.

However, my days here are definitely counted as you can tell from my opinion piece. I've seen this place turn from good to rotten ever since new management came in.

The last 2 years I have seen the highest turnovers in staff almost monthly. I will be among them soon.
Authentic Leadership is missing at the Manager level of Recreation department. competency,autonomy and mastery come with genuine interest and intent for the greater good of work habits.it is very sorry state of affairs in Recreation where authenticity has been replaced by manipulation of co-workers by whims and wishes of Manager with myopic vision.
Pros
growing organisation
Cons
leadership is with lack of clarity and vision
As a mixed healthcare environment; there is s need for government support to maintain the requirement for care in a largely elder community. Support is needed in every aspect of healthcare. I would work at AgeCare again to support the need.
Pros
Everchanging and variety of tasks to complete daily
Cons
long hours; could use some assistance in training and support
good company, learned lots in during car,e, love to serve the residents/clients have fun and enjoyable working with my co-workers,management are great
-Manager needs leadership and management skills
- Loves to talk about values and policies, but in reality its all hypocrisy

- A person who is not anymore an employee should not be made topic in a departmental meeting.

- Management needs to monitor the Rec Dept to ensure that staff are lead in a decent way, not in fear

- Is there a way to train first time managers from being insecure and bitter?

- Management only listens to their own.
Pros
in the rec dept at Skypointe, none, nada, zilch, Best part of the job is when I finally quit, It was felt great to be asked to leave after returning the keys, I was able to finally turn my behind on her toxic face.
Cons
Manager needs serious leadership course.
8 March 2019
AgeCare’s success is not only speaking to our values and guiding principles but conducting ourselves accordingly. We appreciate any feedback that will help us achieve this success.
I volunteered there for about 6 months during high school. The experience taught me to be more appreciative of the elders. Overall, it was very interesting for me to assist the residents with the recreational activities and accompany in their rooms or when strolling in the garden. They have lots of stories to share too! The staff are friendly as well
Management skills were acquired.
Easy access to corporate and executive leadership.

The hardest part of the job was the poor staffing which resulted in long hours worked and poor staff morale.

Contributing positively to the lives of residents and employees was the most enjoyable part of the job.
As a practicum student with Walden heights AgeCare last year I had the pleasure of working with really great people and clients I recommend agecare to anyone
Pros
Good food, great staff
Cons
Age care is a good place for the residents to live. Facility is well manage with excellent system of care ensuring welfare of all residents. As an employee I love to work in Age Care because it is employee friendly. Superb team dynamics starting from doctors to house keeping people work together and help each other.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
LPN to client ratio is very high
As a practicum student at Strathmore AgeCare I was fortunate enough to be paired with very cheerful and healthy workers who wasted no time in assisting me with whatever help or information I needed.