AGAT Laboratories

AGAT Laboratories Employee Reviews

Canada143 reviews
Small business that treated employees as slaves and ignored the stress of the dnagerous working conditions. Long hours and frew breaks were expected with no compensation.
This company shows no value for the employees who do the hard work everyday.
Staff is deemed dispensable and people are hired and fired monthly.

Sales team is uneducated on the analysis offered and frequently over extend the lab capabilities in order to get contracts but frequent result in dissatisfied clients.

Continuously asked to lie to clients.
Cons
Dishonest
They push a lot of work on you for very minimal pay, expect you to finish everything regardless of the machine is broken and get frustrated at you if your results don’t match due to machine failures. Other than that people are very friendly and easy to work with.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
Bad pay, overload workers
people very nice, but you have to do extra time when the company is busy. Not too much training is given. You have to be fast learner and work very hard
It's a straight forward lab environment. They have some organizational issues and somewhat lax safety procedures, but otherwise fine place to work. The pay is lacking but sufficient if you live a frugal lifestyle and live in Burnaby.
Good company to work for, it has a unique culture but it was fun. My team was great in supporting me but management can be difficult to talk with but it was a good experience.
Feel like you are in à family. All administratif employée are great and supportive. Thé job is doing routine and making dure qualité contrôle is followed.
High amount of samples in a regular day and less technicians, management is good. Family oriented company. I liked to work there, I was working there for more that 8 years.
This place is horrible to work at. Management is full of high school graduates with no work ethics. The lab supervisor is obviously has no management skills and he is very rude. They push you to get the jobs done ASAP no matter if the instruments are producing the correct results or not. The data is completely unreliable and safety is a joke for them. They have new management every 3-4 months. Stay away from this place!!!
Good staff to work with. Everybody is super helpful and friendly. Always a fun atmosphere to work within. Most enjoyable part is having such a tight knit group and the work is manageable as well.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AGAT Laboratories?
Nice company, people and environment:
Reasonable deadlines and workload.

Very accessible management and supportive culture.

Room for advancement in technical and commercial departments.

Would definitely recommend this company!
They go through sales people like I change socks. Just noted that this has to be third time this year they are looking for sales people. They let people go for the flimsiest excuse.

The GM I don't think is the sharpest knife in the drawer. Every time I pass the office it looks like he is looking at the same spreadsheet.

The place is like a mausoleum to work in a stark bare office
This place might be good for someone who needs lab experience but not a place for you to stick around for a long time. Poor management, poor lab safety and the salary is really low.
I worked for AGAT in Thunder Bay as a Receptionist/Office Assistant and quit after six weeks due to poor office morale and lack of trust in the workplace. They pretend to be nice to you to your face and helpful only to find out later that these people cannot be trusted. They will manipulate you and throw you under the bus in an instant. This is what happened to me so I quit. Also, I didn't like the new office manager as he was very arrogant and lacked people skills. WORST job I ever had!
The management is terrible, impolite and rude. They want just the results ASAP, and accuracy and precision in not important at all. While you have to be ready to work even the weekends, the pay is miserable and you should be ready to get fired every moment.
Management is unreliable and encourages infighting between employees. Supervisors are rude and talk down to employees and are inappropriate. Safety does not matter to them, they just want you to get the job done ASAP. Lab results are unreliable and I would caution anyone who intends to work with them. Pay is abysmal and they refuse to negotiate. This place should be your last resort.
learned more experienced in my field, flexible,fast place environment, friendly work place environment, finishing task on time, customer satisfication, willing to learn .
Management is very poor, staff are very competitive and management thinks everyone is replaceable. Management thinks that they are the only ones with a life and that overtime is expected at all times. Over worked and under paid while management relaxes.
Pros
nothing
Cons
very sneaky place
your health is the last thing Agat labs worries about. Safety systems are in dire shape and will cause you personal harm . I would seriously reconsider working here its not worth hurting yourself over samples .
The corporate mentality is to pay little for as much work as possible, generally hiring recent graduates and paying low salaries, then tossing them after a year so they don't have to pay extra benefits. a revolving door lab environment, with very little consideration for experience and maintaining corporate knowledge in house.
Pros
free parking, good people to work with.
Cons
long hours with no over-time pay
New Management every 4 months. VERY high turn over rate. nobody gets along. all supervisors are at each others throats. the Chairman is the worst i've seen. the blind leading the blind.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at AGAT Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4