AGAT Laboratories Employee Reviews

A lot of work, zero recognition and minimum wage.
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 May 2019
If you want to work as crazy, during years earning minimum wage, with temporary contract, this is the ideal place for you. The management treats everyone as the company is doing a favour of keep them there.
Beware!!!
Laboratory Personnel (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON13 May 2019
If you are offered a position here, get everything in writing and even then I would recommend thinking twice about accepting it! Management is disorganized and dishonest, totally lacking any integrity whatsoever.
Pros
Cons
Very disorganized, very dishonest.
Stay Away
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 May 2019
I showed up for my first day and was not explained what my schedule or benefits would be. I had to ask what I would be working. My salary was extremely low for having a diploma in sciences. In the interview I was told I would be around $20 an hour and only have to work one weekend day (either saturday or sunday). When I showed up for my first day I was told I am only getting paid $17 an hour and I have to work Friday to Mondays. Be careful when signing the contract also because they will not go over it with you and pressure you to sign it before actually reading. There is also hidden stipulations in the contract
Exceptional Growth Opportunities
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 March 2019
This is a company that focuses on equality and diversity in the workplace, while creating opportunities for employees to grow their careers and advance their responsibilities. There is no limit to what you can achieve through hard work. As a national company there are over 40 locations available to work at and many divisions.
Fun and Interesting Place To Work
Logistics Supervisor, NEBC (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC24 September 2018
I had the opportunity to advance into a supervisory role. I enjoyed working with both the management and staff. Fun place to work! Many different sectors of the company to learn about.
It was a good job for the time being
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC6 September 2018
It payed the bills, and was a good job for the time being. Unfortunately with my son, and our day care schedule it didn't work out because it was to demanding as far as overtime went.
Terrible place to work
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Anonymous29 August 2018
This place doesn't care about their staff. They make you work long hours and expect more more from you . You can go over and beyond for this company and they are still never satisfied. No job security what so ever. Very high turn over. They do not give people a chance to advance.
Pros
Cons
No job security
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 August 2018
this job was ok but the environment is not good bcoz no one care about ur work , i worked 5 yrs but no changes in salary and give lot of pressure and mentally harashment for brown people
Decent company culture
Sample Receipt Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 August 2018
Culture: People are pretty friendly.

Pay: Pay and job stability are low compared to the pharmaceutical field. Overtime pay is 1.5X.

Hours: Closed on Sundays, which helps for work-life balance. No overnight shifts.
Awesome
Office Admin, Logistics, Lab, Sale's (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB29 July 2018
was a great learning experience working here. Really great staff and management. cannot say one bad thing about working here..........................
Lab technician in Burnaby
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC23 July 2018
AVOID!!! Smart people find better job and leave here right away with one day notice. I worked in the Organic Lab for an year and there were bullying and gossip co workers. So much drama is still going on. Pay is so low with cheap benefits. You need to work here 6 months under the contract and can finally get a full time here. Its useless and waste of your time to get a full time here.
Pros
Cons
Low salary, cheap benefits, gossip and bullying
Good people, quality lab, typical seasonal job to start.
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC20 July 2018
I love the people, even management. People training new hires not trained to train, so is inconsistent. But overall, great place to work. I hope I can stay.
nice place to get experience
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  mississauga16 July 2018
nice place to get experience on different instruments
co works are nice its like second home
most of the people work from 8:00am to 4:30pm
good benefits
Not the best enviromnment to work in
Technical Imaging Supervisor Oil Sands (Former Employee) –  Calgary15 May 2018
After I had my department running like a race car I was seeking out more challenges which the General manager happily gave me knowing with confidence that I would go over and above. Unfortunately the downturn in the economy saw many excellent workers laid off including myself.
Pros
Some good people as with most companies
Cons
The brutal owner had all upper management running scared and did anything to cut costs.
Toxic work environment
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 May 2018
Co-workers complaining and bad mouthing other departments. Very unprofessional staff in the payroll department. There was potential for career advancement so there was a lot of sabbatoging and toxic behaviour in the work place. It was draining and extremely stressful.
Cons
Toxic co-workers
Very productive
Petroleum Oil Laboratory Technician Class "A" (Current Employee) –  Edmonton AB13 April 2018
Oil and gas Edmonton,
There are many tests to learn, which give provide a good experience opportunity.All of the tests are very interesting. I love the nature of the job Ido.
very friendly coworkers
Laboratory Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 March 2018
implement of qualification and working in different environment than previous work place and fun to work with friendly coworkers and got opportunity to learn something new
Fun and amazing place to work
Logistics Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort St John,BC11 March 2018
Everybody here is fun to work with and keeps the long work days interesting. The job itself is interesting and you learn new things everyday. Would recommend!
Pros
Easy going environment
A place for career growth
Laboratory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 March 2018
AGAT Laboratories ltd. is a place to start and grow your career. The working environment enhances learning with emphasis on team building and relational accountability within individual department and others too.
The people are nice but management is stupid
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 January 2018
Working at sample reception itself was a pleasant experience. We had a nice group of people who were considered good friends but we still kept it professional when it came to work. The problem arose when people from Upper Management came and tried to make changes into the system that we had established long ago. In a classic Upper Management fashion they knew absolutely nothing about the inner and outer workings of the work flow that we establish through our careful planning and years of working side by side. To sum it up they removed some of us who were unwilling to follow their "plan" to revise Sample Reception.
Pros
Cons
Management does not care about underpaid, overworked employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AGAT Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.