AG FOODS

AG FOODS Employee Reviews

I did cashiering as needed. Every week we got our schedule. The management was nice. The customers were great. The hardest part is the cashiering and the most enjoyable is the customers.
Cons
Normal day working at AG, was mostly relaxed, with a small handful of things to complete. Hours were flexible, and staff was easy to work with. Overall not a bad job
People working in AG Foods are so kind and respectful. Customers in Black Diamond made my days... This community in general has great qualities as human beings, which becomes into good positive energy.
AG Foods has a great atmosphere, staff are fun to work with. Great place to work if minimum wage fits your lifestyle. Present store has approximately 17,000 Square feet but there is a new store being built that will be approximately 25,000 Square feet. this will be a great store to work at with all new equipment. It should be open in late 2020
Love it fun people great managers in departments. Nice friendly to work.They work around your availability with other jobs you may have and it works for me. If you want more hours and they are available they will help you achieve if they are in the budget.
My time with AG FOODS was short but I appreciate the opportunity they offered me to make a salary for myself. Having a job with AG FOODS has given me a greater understanding of the workplace and time management.
While Ago foods may seem to be another grocery store there is plenty of opportunities for advancement from being a simple till clerk to managing a meat department or going to head office all areas of age are designed for advancement as long as one wants it.
Pros
Good people, decent pay, life lessons
Cons
No health depending on owner, no head office training provided for basic positions
A typical day consisted of dealing with nice people and good vibes. Managment was super helpful and understanding. Made some good friends on the staff. Great job.
I would highly recommend shopping at AG Foods to everyone. Love the in store bakery. When ever you walk in to the store there is always the smell of some sort of freshly baked item in the air. The meat department is also great. You can ask the butcher to custom cut any type of meat for you. They are always happy to do so. The produce section is always full of fresh fruits and vegetables as well. The store itself is always neat and tidy and the staff are always very helpful.
I love working at AG Foods because there's always new student employees I needed summer jobs. I really enjoyed working in the produce taking orders and organizing the coolers. Supervisors were very understanding and willing to let you what you need to work on
During my short time at safety mart I enjoyed the management relationship I had, very organized and efficient system for scheduling and holidays. Very professional place to work.
Pros
Amazing staff, complimentary staff snacks, welcoming customers
worked with the public so enjoyed getting to know some local people. i was able to take some skills to my future workplaces and apply them effectively.
They were very accommodating this was my 3rd job at the time and they worked with my schedule of the other two jobs, plus allowed me time to go to my sons things at school.
Working as a cashier was difficult in the sense that if there were no customers, I would be standing there getting paid for nothing and I disliked that so quite often I had to ask the managers if I could help in other areas of the store. But I made friends and we made it a fun place to be.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Not always busy
I enjoyed working at AG Foods, my coworkers were a lot of fun, the store owners were easy to get along with, and hard workers. I like how we got free food during our shift, and a 10% discount on grocery purchases.
Pros
The store owners are pleasant to work for.
Cons
Being the only grocery store in McBride, it is way too small to accomodate the needs of McBride and surrounding area
Work here was the same in a 1 week interval. I learned how to perform my tasks as it was my first job. Management was fantastic, my boss was always ready to lend a helping hand and helped me learn a lot about being an effective worker. Everyone was friendly to work with. Hardest part of the job was closing down the store. Most enjoyable part was helping out customers.
I stood at the cashier's counter and was on my phone when it was super slow, it got busy in the afternoons, closing time was my favorite because then i got to sit down
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Stood for long hours
Close too home, got to know community better. Learned great customer service. Enjoyed my boss and the co worker parties.
Pros
discounts
Cons
bad income
Getting a cash box, taking it to the register that Im on that day. Wait for the customers to come and put their groceries through. Make conversation and make the customer happy. Counting money at the end of the day and putting in codes for the fruits and veggtables as needed. Management needs work but other wise is good. Co-workers were helpful. The hardest part of the job was standing for long periods of time. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to connect with the customers.
When I first started with them, I worked in the Meat Department. I helped the Main meat cutter. I learned how to cut and package meat . It was not my favorite job. Then i worked on the grocery floor. Stocking shelves and helping customers. I enjoyed that job very much because there was a lot of different things to do. And I got to interact more with my co-workers and custimers. The hardest part was lifting heavy packages. The last job i had was a teller. I also enjoyed this job. I found it very easy to do. but there was a lot of standing in one spot that I found very hard.
Pros
slow paced small town store
Cons
no job security and no health plan
  1. Employee reviews