AG FOODS Employee Reviews

awesome summer job
grocery clerk (Former Employee) –  Osoyoos, BC11 July 2018
A typical day consisted of dealing with nice people and good vibes. Managment was super helpful and understanding. Made some good friends on the staff. Great job.
good place to work, good management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Barriere, BC9 June 2018
I would highly recommend shopping at AG Foods to everyone.
Love the in store bakery. When ever you walk in to the store there is always the smell of some sort of freshly baked item in the air. The meat department is also great. You can ask the butcher to custom cut any type of meat for you. They are always happy to do so. The produce section is always full of fresh fruits and vegetables as well.
The store itself is always neat and tidy and the staff are always very helpful.
Flexible hours new experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pemberton, BC23 April 2018
I love working at AG Foods because there's always new student employees I needed summer jobs. I really enjoyed working in the produce taking orders and organizing the coolers. Supervisors were very understanding and willing to let you what you need to work on
Team like environment within certain departments
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ashcroft, BC14 October 2017
During my short time at safety mart I enjoyed the management relationship I had, very organized and efficient system for scheduling and holidays. Very professional place to work.
Pros
Amazing staff, complimentary staff snacks, welcoming customers
typical local grocery store
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Redcliff, AB14 August 2017
worked with the public so enjoyed getting to know some local people. i was able to take some skills to my future workplaces and apply them effectively.
amazing company
Baker Assistant (Former Employee) –  Didsbury, AB7 August 2017
They were very accommodating this was my 3rd job at the time and they worked with my schedule of the other two jobs, plus allowed me time to go to my sons things at school.
fun but professional
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Didsbury, AB5 July 2017
Working as a cashier was difficult in the sense that if there were no customers, I would be standing there getting paid for nothing and I disliked that so quite often I had to ask the managers if I could help in other areas of the store. But I made friends and we made it a fun place to be.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Not always busy
Friendly environment, felt appreciated and and thankful for letting me be part of the AG Foods family.
Baker/stock person (Current Employee) –  McBride, BC20 April 2017
I enjoyed working at AG Foods, my coworkers were a lot of fun, the store owners were easy to get along with, and hard workers. I like how we got free food during our shift, and a 10% discount on grocery purchases.
Pros
The store owners are pleasant to work for.
Cons
Being the only grocery store in McBride, it is way too small to accomodate the needs of McBride and surrounding area
Childhood Job
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Didsbury, AB10 April 2017
Work here was the same in a 1 week interval. I learned how to perform my tasks as it was my first job. Management was fantastic, my boss was always ready to lend a helping hand and helped me learn a lot about being an effective worker. Everyone was friendly to work with. Hardest part of the job was closing down the store. Most enjoyable part was helping out customers.
It was laid back
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bentley, AB3 January 2017
I stood at the cashier's counter and was on my phone when it was super slow, it got busy in the afternoons, closing time was my favorite because then i got to sit down
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Stood for long hours
fun energetic workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Black Diamond, AB18 November 2015
Close too home, got to know community better. Learned great customer service. Enjoyed my boss and the co worker parties.
Pros
discounts
Cons
bad income
The customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Didsbury, AB3 October 2012
Getting a cash box, taking it to the register that Im on that day. Wait for the customers to come and put their groceries through. Make conversation and make the customer happy. Counting money at the end of the day and putting in codes for the fruits and veggtables as needed. Management needs work but other wise is good. Co-workers were helpful. The hardest part of the job was standing for long periods of time. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to connect with the customers.
Very slow paced Small town store
Teller, (Former Employee) –  Caroline, AB2 August 2012
When I first started with them, I worked in the Meat Department. I helped the Main meat cutter. I learned how to cut and package meat . It was not my favorite job. Then i worked on the grocery floor. Stocking shelves and helping customers. I enjoyed that job very much because there was a lot of different things to do. And I got to interact more with my co-workers and custimers. The hardest part was lifting heavy packages. The last job i had was a teller. I also enjoyed this job. I found it very easy to do. but there was a lot of standing in one spot that I found very hard.
Pros
slow paced small town store
Cons
no job security and no health plan