AFSC

AFSC Employee Reviews

Canada5 reviews
A great place to work and grow.

AFSC is a great place to be challenged, solution and be a proactive member to provide exceptional client focused service for the Alberat Agriculture / Agrifoods Sector.
Worked here 6yrs and have gotten one raise, no added bonuses or christmas parties. Management treats you without respect as you are replaceable which we've been told many times. Only allowed to work 7.25hrs a day 5days a week.
Pros
Coworkers on my level, make my own schedule throughout the week
Cons
Management, No work benefits such as raises or bonuses, government drama
Typical day involves loan application review and financial analysis and interviewing loan applicants. Periodically appraisal of real property and collection of overdue loan payments was required.
Despite a very positive local office with fine camaraderie between colleagues, workplace culture deteriorated significantly from incompetent management with delusion goals and expectations. Competent staff were not allowed to advance, while marginal employees climbed the corporate ladder. Cronyism was rampant the last 6 years of my employment.

The most difficult part of the job was dealing with management inadequacies, while the most enjoyable part was dealing with fine colleagues and clients.
Pros
Local office camaraderie
Cons
Abysmal, incompetent management
Start at a good sized workstation with a good application to manage tasks. Contact clients with excellent remote tools and get the problems resolved in a timely manner. Co-workers mesh into a good team. Great recognition structure and a real desire by management to meet the needs and ambitions of their staff.
Pros
Flexible work hours, great benefits
Cons
In a small community with few amenities
Firstly the other reviews are wrong. AFSC is an Alberta Crown corp. They are reviewing some prison in the states. Either way AFSC is possibly the best place I ever worked and I've been trying to get back in the company like crazy. They respect their employees and treat them amazing (huge coffee bar and massage chairs in head office in Lacombe). Everyone there is really nice and the workloads are very reasonable. They have employment awards for a reason!
Pros
Cons
Low turnover (Most employees are lifers)
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AFSC?