AFIMAC Canada

AFIMAC Canada Employee Reviews

Great Compagny and Close Protection Manager is very pleasant and stress free to work with.
HQ Toronto where most of the work is. Calgary is not busy enough to sustain steady work. Not even enough to qualify as part time. When I do work, it ALWAYS has been AWESOME!
Excellent job! Good personnel happy crew
Good payment good hours....the job is very satisfying and professional with many advantages with high pay and good advancement.
Management not well organized. Lost my job because I missed one assignment.
Which at no fault of my own. Training is rushed and you are then put right on the job.
If it's part-time work you want with good living setup and no long term commitment this is an excellent way to go. I would recommend giving it a try, it worked well for me and I will do it again anytime. Pay is slightly low for regular hrs but when you figure in the extra time at OT it not bad all things considered.
Pros
Good for short term infrequent employment
Cons
For the environment pay is a little low.
You may travel if you're lucky you need to be lucky enough to get enough hours for EI to make it a real long term job. Pay isn't the greatest hourly but when you work you make it on mostly overtime hours.
Pros
Travel all over Canada if lucky
Cons
Unpredictable, no scheduled shifts, could be off work for months
Coworkers removed from site without warning, horrible HR & management, unreasonable expectations for consistent last minute shifts, and the company will turn their backs at the first opportunity. Stay away.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Great communication from field operations managers have been a pleasure to work for. When in the field I have felt completely safe and confident that any disputes or logistical concerns are taken care of.
Pros
Good compensation and great support from management
Cons
longs hours
If you want to devote yourself to a career and getpaid well this is the place. There is a sister company as well and there is always room to walk up the ladder if you want to work for it.
Pros
Travel experience great pay
Cons
Long hours away from home
Nice to have Contract with AFIMAC. Every Security Guard can get invaluable experience combined with very fair remuneration. Have to be able to work 84 hours per week.
Pros
Fair pay.
Cons
Long shifts.
Perk of this job is traveling & seeing new faces , great coworkers , 10/10,
Wish there was more strikes going on so it can be constant , but great time all around
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AFIMAC Canada?
I have been with this company for 6 years now and the employees are amazing. My duties are access control and handling cargo and live animals that leave the airport. Everyday is different and there is always something entertaining you see.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at AFIMAC Canada. Our community is ready to answer.