AFIMAC Canada

AFIMAC Canada Employee Reviews

Excellent Company

Excellent company. The manager of the close protection division is a great guy and actually cares about his employees. One of the best companies I have ever worked for. My co-workers are excellent, I would recommend for anyone looking to get into the security field.

Excels being employed..

Excellent job! Good personnel happy crew Good payment good hours....the job is very satisfying and professional with many advantages with high pay and good advancement.

Great Compagny and Close Protection Manager is very pleasant and stress free

Great Compagny and Close Protection Manager is very pleasant and stress free to work with. HQ Toronto where most of the work is. Calgary is not busy enough to sustain steady work. Not even enough to qualify as part time. When I do work, it ALWAYS has been AWESOME!

Loved traveling all over Canada

Management not well organized. Lost my job because I missed one assignment. Which at no fault of my own. Training is rushed and you are then put right on the job.

Engineering

If it's part-time work you want with good living setup and no long term commitment this is an excellent way to go. I would recommend giving it a try, it worked well for me and I will do it again anytime. Pay is slightly low for regular hrs but when you figure in the extra time at OT it not bad all things considered.

Pros

Good for short term infrequent employment

Cons

For the environment pay is a little low.

Not as great as the ad says

You may travel if you're lucky you need to be lucky enough to get enough hours for EI to make it a real long term job. Pay isn't the greatest hourly but when you work you make it on mostly overtime hours.

Pros

Travel all over Canada if lucky

Cons

Unpredictable, no scheduled shifts, could be off work for months

Toxic

Coworkers removed from site without warning, horrible HR & management, unreasonable expectations for consistent last minute shifts, and the company will turn their backs at the first opportunity. Stay away.

Pros

Pay

Awesome Company to work for

Great communication from field operations managers have been a pleasure to work for. When in the field I have felt completely safe and confident that any disputes or logistical concerns are taken care of.

Pros

Good compensation and great support from management

Cons

longs hours

Very strong Team.

Nice to have Contract with AFIMAC. Every Security Guard can get invaluable experience combined with very fair remuneration. Have to be able to work 84 hours per week.

Pros

Fair pay.

Cons

Long shifts.

Great compant

Perk of this job is traveling & seeing new faces , great coworkers , 10/10, Wish there was more strikes going on so it can be constant , but great time all around

Fast pace and entertaining environment

I have been with this company for 6 years now and the employees are amazing. My duties are access control and handling cargo and live animals that leave the airport. Everyday is different and there is always something entertaining you see.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AFIMAC Canada. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement