Affinity Group Employee Reviews

Carteret House Newport NC
Personal Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Newport, NC22 July 2019
****Inexperienced supervisor.shouted at you instead of talking to you. Director backs this supervisor but is quick to throw her under the bus. The job culture is very very bad. Cliques give some employees special treatment, while others are neglected. and over-worked.
***Client health-care is below average. I would not recommend this assisted living facility to anyone. The building's exterior and interior are nice to see. Important: You should have unannounced visits and observe how the clients are being treated. This is my opinion, and I stand by it.
WORST PLACE TO WORK AND LIVE.
Company
Client Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CO7 December 2018
a typical day at the office would be to come in, get your work done and then leave. I learned so much while I was at this organization. I enjoyed working at this company.
Fun great job to work at employers were friendly to work for
Administrative Services (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CO5 September 2018
We helped set up computers and ran the mail room for the company also ran deliveries to other sites. This company had three sites so you were busy on a daily. And the company had great employee picnics you could bring family.
Pros
Company picnics
Cons
I moved downtown and the commute was to far to travel bus route.
Consumer service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA11 August 2018
Great company, they hire only by agency for the first 6 months then you officially become part of the company. Schedule was good, if bilingual you get paid more,
Pros
Potlucks, great management, great place to work for
Cons
Short meal break
fun place to work with
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape8 May 2018
Affinity group is a very nice company to work with,growth is obtain there,doing paper work according to the standard of the law.good quality system.i have learn how to be a leaDer among team work
Cons
There are pros and cons to the place
Sales Inssurance Rep (Current Employee) –  Englewood, CO7 April 2018
The job is great in general. The tools are not always working and management is much to be desired most of the time. I work here because there is flexibility.
Very fun working with the retired customers
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CO29 January 2018
I learned a lot as a new Manager in this role. I had the guidance of a great V.P. of our Dept.
I enjoyed the every day to day activities as well as the travel this job had to offer.
Pros
pleasing Customers
Challenging
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Bellville, Cape Town16 October 2017
The work was pleasant and challenging as a typical day at Affinity was assisting national customers with road-side emergencies, either minor or major one. i have to answer the call, ascertain the severity of the emergency and act accordingly - either by calling the necessary emergency personnel like the ambulance and/or police and call for a locksmith, etc. I have learned to be calm in different incidences, when an irate or panicked customer is on the line, how to calm the customer down and assist efficiently but also being considerate and compassionate.

The workplace itself is a renovated house and gets quite could during the winter months and very hot during the summer months - no air-conditioners in the work area.

The salary paid was minimal considering we were required to work 17hr shifts and the salary was never according to hours worked.

No benefits like medical aid, pension/provident funds were offered.
Pros
Learning opportunity
Cons
I worked on the Military Base and Loved It.
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CO16 November 2016
I was a supervisor on base in a BX (store) and I loved my manager. I loved interacting with the Marines and Navy Personnel. It was a rewarding experience. The worst part of the job was the areas pay range was really low. But I stayed 6 years non the less.
Its a fun place to work
National Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Sandton, GP2 July 2015
At Affinity Group, its a fun, productive work environment. You work hard, achieve results and also play hard.

There is some travel and many client events to attend - which is always fun and entertaining.
Pros
Client Events, Networking Events
Cons
Sometimes the distant office location, can be challenging.
A very growing job experience
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CA8 March 2014
I had been able to branch out into video conferencing and telecommunications support instead of my normal Help Desk call center environment. A great bunch of individuals i was able to work with and suport.
Affinity Group - RIP
DIRECTOR OF MEMBERSHIP AND PERIODICALS MARKETING (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CA2 November 2013
Company no longer exists except as a fond memory. Is now known as Good Sam Enterprises.
Project Scheduler
Scheduler/Planner/Buyer (Former Employee) –  Morgan City, LA4 September 2013
 Prepared initial CPM and WBS with manpower requirements and issue a draft to the project team for review and compliance in order to ensure scheduling requirements are being met and that it conforms to good CPM scheduling practice to determine whether it can be improved to more clearly or more accurately represents the project scope, and Execution plan
Publisher of Powerboat and Watercraft World
Publisher (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MN11 July 2013
Affinity Group purchased these magazines from the founders and when doing so they lost site of the unique niche. There were very few efforts to continue growing the brand and too many efforts on simply reducing cost, typical for a corporate merger but devastating to this industry. Not long after I left, all of the staff did as well and both titles were shut down.
Pros
My immediate team of professionals
Cons
The lack of support by management to recognize brand uniqueness
company money hungry
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CO26 November 2012
the company i worked for was focusing too much on gaining money from the customer instead of focusing on providing excellent customer service with members.
Greatful for the opportunity they presented.
Consultant-Roadside Assistance (Current Employee) –  Stikland6 September 2012
•a typical day at work consists of a variety of clients and customers that depending on their situation or emergency expects excellent and immediate service.
•I've learned to work under pressure and keep cool even when the customer is difficult to deal with
•management is nuturing and supportive
•your co-workers each adds value to our team and there is never a dull moment
•the hardest part of the job could possibly be the long hours.
•the most enjoyable part of the job interacting with people everyday!
Pros
gained a wealth of experience
Cons
limited growth
I enjoyed my 22+ years at Affinity Group having been given the opportunity to learn and grow with the company alongside some amazing co-workers.
WEBSITE MARKETING / CUSTOMER RETENTION (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CA9 March 2012
Affinity Group was a wonderful place to work for many years. I had the opportunity to learn all about direct mail, digital marketing, program and product management and a variety of other skillsets from the ground up - taught by a great management team and very bright and dedicated co-workers. Due to recent corporate downsizing things have changed drastically and not so much for the better.
Cons
low job security, low employee morale