Affinity Credit Union

Affinity Credit Union Employee Reviews

Canada13 reviews
ACU is working on a major change to the job requirements and cutting jobs. I would still be there but I decided to take a early retirement.

Upper management made changes that made the flow of work to take longer which slow down the turn around time for the members.
Pros
Free service fees
Cons
Big changes and cutting jobs
Very pushy sales targets and sales tactics. Seem to be more like a bank than a credit union. Executives out of touch with people lower down. Not enough training for current positions after massive restructure. Staff are overworked and expected to do more and more.
Pros
decent wages and benefits due to bargaining
Cons
pushy sales targets, overworked, not enough training
No longer a “Credit Union”. Just another financial institution They have lost their roots.. Huge pressure for sales. Currently re-structuring and they are letting a lot of great employees walk out the door. Re-structuring process is unfair, chaotic and disorganized. Very unfair to some long term employees.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management.
Company is dedicated to career advancement. Ongoing training is seriously encouraged. Bonus earned yearly for competent effort/results in your position.
Pros
everyone is dedicated
Cons
sometimes would prefer quieter work environment for productivity
Completing different financial transactions and assisting customers on a daily basis. Great team to work with, friendly and helpful staff. Management very accomodating re time off or appointments. Thoroughly enjoyed working here.
Pros
Working near home, very accomodating management
Excelled at being a bank teller as I balanced my till close to everyday. Management is friendly. Co-workers were more then happy to help me though the learning process. Always staff and community functions to keep moral high. Seasonal summer position.
Pros
Consistent work
Cons
Coffee breaks
Loved my experience with Affinity. Employees were always treated with respect and the benefits that came with the job were amazing. I definitely recommend working here.
We serve the public in a professional atmosphere and you learn to cope with different issues that arise. The members are mostly very enjoyable to deal with and they like to joke around with the staff.
The hardest part is it is very sales oriented and we don't have the walk in traffic that we used to have so the sales are definitely harder to achieve.

Management is understanding as they have their goals to make as well. We work as a team to try to reach our numbers every year.
Pros
great benefits package and competetive wages
Cons
the sales part of it
What was once a grass roots credit union, has transformed into a pushy sales hungry bank. While the pay is quite high compared to industry standard levels, the work load is mounting to levels to which you are unable to perform your job. Staff are told they are not salesmen, but their targets are set to grow their book of business by thirty percent annually. Call nights for campaigns to solicit business, and encouraging members to purchase products which are not suitable fits for fear of losing our jobs.
Pros
Salary, Benefits
Cons
Pushy Sales
It was a decent place to work with friendly and helpful staff members. The hours were ok if you are willing to work every Saturday. A lot of times its pretty slow so if your looking for a fast paced job this is not for you but if you enjoy not being busy then its a good place to work.
I enjoyed working for this company. The pay was great and the people we awesome. There is lots of room for advancement. Overall I loved working for this company
Working at Affinity was a great experience. The employees there are diversified and well trained. The management treats employees with lots of respect and easy to communicate with. Benefits there were really good and salary was higher than other FI's with the same level of employment. You also gets opportunities to improve yourself if you desire. I would highly recommend this company as a employer.
Pros
Health Spending Account
Cons
Senority matters
- Too corporate
- Senior management and executive are out of touch with the everyday employees

- Continuous changes to educational or position requirements
Pros
decent salary and benefits due to years of bargaining
Cons
benefits are eroding