AFD Petroleum

AFD Petroleum Employee Reviews

Canada14 reviews
After being here for a few years, I wanted to write a review.

Yes, the job culture here wasn't great, but it's vastly improved. Most of the negative staff no longer is here, and the new employees are making things much better. Management has improved. It used to be a boys club, but the times are changing, and we have multiple female supervisors and managers now.

The people I work with are awesome, the management is wonderful, the HR team for the most part are easy to talk to, and concerns are taken seriously.

The one thing I don't like is the 1 hour lunch, I'd rather only have 30 minutes and go home at 4:30, but you can't have everything :)

Benefits are good, pay is pretty standard.

Overall, I love my job here.
5 star ratings are all lies, either new employee or company just trying to reverse bad ratings they well deserve. Not a good place to work, lies, lies, lies, and back stabbing a norm practice in this company. Alot of good people rotate in and out regularily, but same problem people remain! You need to pay bills, springboard company, get in, get experience, make a dollar, and look for something better!
AFD is by far the best company I've worked for. I feel acknowledged and appreciated with my contributions, they have great benefits and compensation. There has been lots of new comers recently and the culture has changed from what I can see. I really do like all of my coworkers and have 0 issues with the company.
I am a current employee, new to AFD, and can honestly say this company cares about its employees a great deal. They are committed to growing the business through their people, and are lead by a very competent team of leaders.
Engagement is strong, and there is a lot of pride in the AFD brand. Extremely pleased to be a part of this team!!
Although the culture and work had faltered in the past, this company continues to make large strides to correct past mistakes. Great organization being built and will be a fabulous place to work as the wrinkles are ironed out.
Pros
Great executive team, good compensation and benefits. Always learning and growing with an ever improving team environment.
Cons
Past culture and a few negative staff, but they'll be weeded out in time.
Very toxic environment; people dont stay long here.
Management sucks and they dont care about employees. I do not recommend this company at all. Be careful what they promise you for wage because you can get locked into it for years with no change in your compensation.
Believe the reviews! Horrible place to work. Keeps getting worse and worse. Expected to work way more hours than log book allows. Asked to lie. Lied too. Customers are lied too. Can’t wait to get out.
Cons
Extremely poor management all around. For such a small company, they have way too many bosses. All but one are idiots. Drivers and most of office staff are great. Pay is fair. Customers are good.
Pros
pay, location
Cons
carry cell phone, management, culture, job security
Very few people are happy to be working for this company in the Edmonton. The atmosphere here is so negative, and the lack of appreciation so apparent that even the most dedicated of workers end up being beaten down. So many good workers have come and gone and I will go too at my first opportunity.
Pros
Decent wages
Cons
Poor management, negative environment, lack of respect and appreciation for workers.
I wish I could give less than one star. I ignored all the warnings on here; I thought commentators were just disgruntled employees trying to settle scores with their former bosses. I was WRONG. This company should be investigated. Overworked, underpaid and under appreciated. Hardest part of the job was working 12-16 hrs a day, Sometimes paycheck would be short hrs. They didnt pay me my overtime a few times. They are criminals who steal from their employees.
Pros
Great at lying, you could actually fall for it.
Cons
Company run by con men with no respect to human beings
Great place to work! Friendly people who are fun to work with while maintaining a professional work place. Very family orientated and supportive of your needs. This is a company where your ideas and opinions matter.One of the best places I have worked
Pros
Great benefits, Vacation, Great wages
They make lots of promises but it is all lies, they just want to fill the positions. Don't believe anything they say. The only good thing is the pay, but wait it was just another broken promise.
Great management. Wonderful team of people. Very family focussed and supportive of your personal development goals. An organization where you can truly make a difference and where your ideas and opinions matter...One of the best places I have worked.
Male dominated company, typical oil & gas reseller. Not a healthy culture and women are second class.
Expectations of OT without time in lieu.

Harassment issues.
Pros
Decent salaries, benefits, vacation.
Cons
Harassment.