Aeromag 2000 Employee Reviews

There are better places to earn minimum wage
De-Icing tech, Baylead (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 May 2019
I worked with the company in Ottawa. I hear places like Vancouver and Edmonton are much better to be in.
In Ottawa it's a minimum wage job where every penny is being pinched.
Management makes promises it doesn't keep. Gossips. Doesn't att all care for the staff.
There's no leadership.
Pros
Staff are friendly.
Cons
Worst Management I ever worked with.
Great place to work, Very friendly environment, flexible hours and safe!
Aircraft Deicing Technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 April 2019
Love working here, everyone is friendly. Everyone knows what needs to be done, there’s time to relax and time to work. Respectful supervisors and co workers. I highly suggest working here just to gain experience in the operation field.

It’s mainly part time (due to weather). But they also have full time job in the summer.
Pros
Great people, great work life balance, great experience and fun
Cons
If you see them hiring don’t waste your time like I did.
De-icer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 February 2019
Well where do I start... Inadequate training you just get thrown in head first which is terrifying..
People who get hired are operating million dollar deice trucks around multimillion dollar airplanes in an essential safety role, but are often trained by the technicians from the training class a week prior to theirs.
Operates on an employee agreement that eliminates any chance at over time, and full time employees aren't even guaranteed full time hours throughout the entire season and hours can be reduced with minimal notice. At the same time, when the weather is bad you're looked down on if you're not willing to stay past your shift ( even on days you’ve worked 15 hours) also the turnover rate is bigger than a 747 which means it's the under qualified and unequipped are often the ones promoted to leadership roles, not only causing a chaotic unsafe operation, but the unprofessional environment leads to a toxic high school atmosphere among the workforce.
And if that isn’t enough for you the managers go to the terminal to play Pokémon or sit in the office and “organize” all day.
Don’t waste your time like I did
Pros
You get a paycheck
Cons
Everything listed above
Fun job, terrible company
Deicer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 November 2018
Deicing planes is fun. Aeromag as a company seems like it has potential but each base is run separately and YYC is not run well. I would not recommend it at this time under its current management.

Pros:
-Fun job
-Airport is a cool place to work
-Flexible schedule
-Easy to get promoted
-You can transfer to other Aeromag bases

Cons
-Cheapest company in the world
-Poor pay, no benefits or perks
-Safety is not important to upper management and is brushed aside for cost
-You’re at the mercy of the weather so shifts can be non stop work with no breaks or full of pointless busy work
-Very disorganized company. Each day seems like their first day
Pros
Deicing is fun
Cons
Accident waiting to happen.
Good place to start aviation career
Deicing Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 April 2018
Good place to learn valuable skills in the aviation industry. Must be able to deal with cold outdoor working conditions. De-icing aircraft can be fun to do.
Fun workplace, people are good, job is unsteady due to weather
Deice Baylead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 June 2017
Good place to work the only downfall is not being able to control the weather. Days can be long and boring if there is no weather to deice the planes but when there is weather and you are busy its a good place to work. fun and fast paced.
Great people to work with
De-Icing Technicien (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 April 2017
It's a great place to work you learn a lot about teamwork and you learn to become a great leader towards others. The downside is that the management does need some work, somedays they look very unorganized or they are unprepared somehow. But on the bright side the people who work there are fantastic, great atmosphere or environment in our lunchroom between colleagues and the work is always fun when you get weather (snow, freezing rain)
Pros
A lot of hours are available and the people
Poor company structure
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London Heathrow5 October 2016
The deicing crew were great its a fun job after 2 years at lhr i finally woke up and smelt the coffee the hours were long 18 hours a day for 17 days straight then i collapsed due to exhaustion family life and social life go out of the window treated like slave the first 8 hours your paid for the rest your not promises of bonuses that never happened
Pros
Cons
long hours Poor company structure poor management
Fun working atmosphere
Deicing Technician / Baylead (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB9 April 2016
Start the shift off with a pre-tower meeting for the days events and projects, followed by opening deicing trucks and performing pre-inspections.
I'd head out for operations on a deicing pad relaying commands from my control tower too my crew out on the pad. After spray operations are complete, we head back and top up and fill trucks with fuel and the appropriate type of gylcol. Where after I would clean and spray off my truck and meet for a post tower meeting with the crew, before dismissing everyone to go home
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
very long hours
Sem grande possibilidade de carreira, ideal para estudante o part-time
Técnico/chefe, torre de controlo (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 January 2016
Empresa especializada na remoção do gelo e de neve nas superfícies críticas de aeronaves com fins lucrativos exclusivamente para seus credores e associados. Tem demonstrado dificuldade em incentivos internos de projeção de carreira numa politica de custos mínimos para efetivos e part-time. Porem projeta uma imagem de empresa inovadora e ecológica que desempenha um serviço essencial nas operações invernais do aeroporto de Montreal.
Pros
Part-Time
Cons
Sem possibilidade de carreira.
Interesting and challenging job! Poor company structure.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 August 2015
PROS:
The job of an aircraft deicer is challenging, chaotic, and so much fun. Furthermore, you are providing an essential service to Airline industry.
It is easy to take pride in your work, as thousands of lives are in your hands, every single day.

CONS:
Company structure is poor. Pay is poor. Employee benefits are lacking. Expect to feel undervalued and unappreciated, not only by your company, but by the airline industry.
Hard work but fun
Towing of Aircraft/De-Icing of Aircraft (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC28 April 2014
My overall review in a typical day at Gotjunk was to give clients peace of mind, while removing unwanted items in their place of employment or residence. Management was always on point with their truck team members. Co-workers made the day even better and enjoyable. i would say seeing the faces of loved ones who had no choice but to get rid of the items through our company. Hearing that my co-workers and I helped our client out by removing the unwanted items.
Pros
Working Outdoors