AECON Employee Reviews

Great company
Heavy Equipment Operator/Foreman (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 January 2019
Great place to work. wages were very good. management and coworkers were awesome to work with. I really liked working with this company. stayed with them until job was complete. if asked I would definitely return to work with them again.
Pros
Steady work.
Cons
Job ended
Was a great job i enjoyed it
SAFETY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Alberta2 December 2018
I was the safety inspector i would go to the safety meetings in the morning, was in the field did rounds daily, made sure JAR cards were filled out, go to clients safety meetings. Go down the rounds make sure everything is safe address any concerns, do daily safety statistics.

i was also foreman on a different shut down through Aecon in the year, i had eight guys under my crew that i took care of, i had to prove 0 zero pressure on all equipment with the client prior to my crew working. i had to recieve the work permit, i had to assign the work to guys with the work permit. i had to organize cranes, scaffolding, etc. days prior to start job. I had to do timesheet, progress reports. Review JAR cards during the day
Pros
good experience, met great guys
Cons
long hours, hot, walked lots
It was the place to work at the time
Journeyman Ironworker (Former Employee) –  Bethune, SK19 November 2018
I was only there for a brief time. But it was good while I was there. We did night shift there but put a lot of pressure on getting certain things done when the weather was not permitting, but either than that I can't complain.
pipefitter / steamfitter
Steamfitter/Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Greater Napanee, ON7 November 2018
I was a Pipefitter / steamfitter. It was not different than any other job. I would go to work for them again. I had no problems when I was working there.
Pros
pay was good
Cons
it ended
ok to work for
B-Pressure welder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 November 2018
worked for Aecon for a year and a half and enjoyed to work for them. the crew i worked with was a great crew and would work there again. the shop was a little dark but other than that it was good
management treat employees like kids
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 June 2018
the pay is really good, with lots of overtime but some of the management bend over backwards for the upper management but neglects the workers and look after their own butts.
love this place will work for them anytime
Apprentice Electrician/Welder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 May 2018
very good company to work for, well managed and very secure towards safety. I really y enjoyed working for PCL and looking forward to work for them in the future.
Productive and Safe Work Place
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 April 2018
I loved working at Aecon. It provided me a solid income and a safe environment to work in. Would gladly go back and work with them again. Also there safety program is top shelf.
Good place to work. Long term employment prospects are poor.
Manufacturing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON17 January 2018
A good company to work for. Poor HR department. No advancement.

Management is remote.

People are receptive & helpful.

Pay & benefits were acceptable.
Pros
Good people.
Cons
Long term employment prospects are poor.
Great job
Pipefitting apprenticeship (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB21 December 2017
Loved the job, just was not for me. was not what i am descend to do. Great people to work with and i learned lots from this job. Did not like the job atmosphere.
Document Control Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB5 December 2017
Great, safe office environment. Would happily work for them again. Regular hours, Team environment, regular break times. Management was supportive, while allowing you to work independently.
good people
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 November 2017
Take bus from camp to job site 45 minute ride.Cut and build form work.The worst part of job was not having enough materials and tools.Good people too work with.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
quality work was expected and help was allways provided when required
Electrician Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Dawn, ON16 November 2017
when you were given a job all the information was provided and all the material required was available.management was helpful and easy to work for.Coworkers were friendly and helpful.Doing top quality work allways.
Pros
safety lunches
Unique Environement - Many skills to acquire!
Quality Assurance (QA) Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Courtice, ON2 October 2017
I enjoy Aecon as a company, I enjoy what they do for this country, and their reliability.

It was awesome to be a part of such a respectable company.
Best Company in Alberta
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB19 June 2017
Review the job for daily work
learn best job practice
we work together as a unit
the safety culture is number 1
the management make this job easy
the meetings are very well organized
the production and achievement of each section completed by following the in place program.
Pros
every week there is a weekly meeting and a monthly meeting to update everyone on all the issues.
Good place to work, supportive collegues
Civil Estimator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON24 May 2017
Good place to work. Helpful supervisors and colleagues. Room for advancement, good retention. Hard to grow, as most stay in the same position for many years.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Slow growth
Great company
Electrical Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Merritt, BC18 May 2017
Great company, great people, one of, if not the best company I have worked for in the industrial field. If more jobs come up I will definitely be looking to go back!
Pros
people, culture, organization
Excellent
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2017
I really enjoyed my career with Aecon. Aecon provides education or learning development to their employees. They offer great benefit packages to employees.
home away from home
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  McClean Lake, SK28 February 2017
Best job I ever had, plus serve warm meals mornings, lunch, supper too fun place to work its fly in and fly out setting 7days in and 7 day out.
Pros
free lunch
Productive with Opportunities to Advance Given
Foreman/Journeyman Insulator (Former Employee) –  Redwater, AB22 February 2017
The days started earlier than usual, as the site required employees to take shuttle buses into the unit. However, the company was very forgiving when employees were late for toolbox talks. The company did not give safety awards or incentives, which was expected; they did provide opportunities to advance and gain new knowledge. The most difficult part of the job was the expectations placed on workers to perform the work which would usually be delegated to supervision. The most enjoyable part was emphasis on working as a team.