Aecon Group Employee Review

overall a poorly planned basic job
Steamfitter-Pipefitter @488 (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB3 January 2017
No Toolboxes, hence tools were always scattered in various spots and far away in lay down area. No crane use in budget, so lets pay extra guys to stand around and watch the young guns manually hand rig and transfer the spools in tight areas in a live plant. Never had the right use of manpower on jobs or the right tools. we had to burrow from other contractors because we knew the employees working there to help out our day. Expected high demand but with unorganized work ethic. Camp was not good in terms of food and travel. Overall, stupid. I wont go work for that Super again if I hear he's running another job.
Pros
good wage
Cons
poor project management

Other Aecon Group Employee Reviews

Don’t waste your time!
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 April 2019
Terrible place to work, bad morale, long term employees say place is going down hill due to poor management. They will lie to you and break promises to get you to hire on. They’re trying to pinch pennies in the wrong ways, yet they waste money when it benefits management. New hires don’t get treated the same as long term employees, they get “grandfathered” into different rules. Save yourself they stress and don’t waste your time with Aecon.
Pros
Great guys to work with... non-management employees
Cons
Management sucks
Productive and goal orinted environment
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 April 2019
Good work environment.
Good benefits for employees, including, health insurance, mobilization, training programs, discount on the accusation of company shares.
Good communication between head office and divisions but the communication between divisions has room for improvement
Benefits
Cons
Slow groing prosess

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aecon Group. Our community is ready to answer.