Aecon Group
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Aecon Group Pay & benefits reviews

Canada393 reviews
Fair the work was long hours out of town in redwater from Leduc is one hour and a half. The company was family oriented. I enjoyed the pay it was a fair corntract
Overall Aecon is good company however... your experience here will vary depending on your supervisor.
They are Canadas biggest construction company so there is lots of projects but you are just a number here
Pros
Great pay and benefits, lots of work
Cons
You are just a number. Very impersonal
People are payed decently with no complaints regarding compensation. There are plenty of hour to work and a good benefit scheme. Very impressed with the leadership and their focus on safety.
Good pay , good people, safety is #1 compensation real good , I have just good thing about management of all levels, most equipment in good shape,
I will consider aecon one off the bet place to work
Pros
Good pay, good safety good management
Ok company honestly, but you may be surprised with your team, division, or business unit if offered a job.

The common claim you’ll hear during the interview period is that you’ll be “provided training”, but the reality is that you’re entirely on your own, and unless you insist and persist, you won’t go very far.

It’s a matter of favouritism, you’re a keeper if the “team” accepts you wholeheartedly, otherwise I advise searching elsewhere during your stay!
Pros
Salary, Hours, Company, People, A lot really
Cons
Deceitful & Two-Faced Individuals
Overall Aecon is a good company to work
Pros: Healt benefit, car allowance
Cons: Low work/life balance, unpaid overtimes, low possibility of promoting
The job is highway paving which is seasonal. The hours can be long, and is weather dependant. I found it to be a good place to work. Good people, everyone got along.
Good place to work with
work culture is good

very competitive environment

Benefits are good
pension plan is good
Company will invest on the individual development
The company pays well but some favoritism was around the site. Perhaps it would be better if it was longer term jobs .The company had good qualities as well as bad.
Great place if you want to make a lot of money quickly. However now that I have kids I don't like the overtime or travel anymore. Sites are usually major construction and mass layoffs at completion of job.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Aecon Group?
Team of micromanaging superiors. Expect everyone to work 12 hour days in order to be considered for advancement. Team culture is horrible. Either suck up to management or consider yourself to be ousted for any job opportunities. Management does not deal with toxic employees and allows them to do whatever they want.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Everything else
Although I was a young man while here, because of my great attitude, Aecon gave me ample oppurtunity to advance my experiences. Even after i put in my notice, they advised me I was welcomed to stay.
Pros
Amazing Pay & benefits
Cons
Long Hours
It was great. Hard work, camp living. Made good money.
Excellent company to work for. Management are hard working and keen to give feedback. Balancing a family while working the long hours at this company is hard but doable. The job is repetitive but is paid well if you are efficient at your job. On the whole you can earn a decent living with for this company.
Pros
salary, management
Cons
repetitive, hard to balance family life.
Working day at AME typically consists of an unpredictable schedule. Depending on the circumstances you could work in the morning and also be asked to come in at night if short staffed. Most new employees are also asked to come in on the weekends.

Training is limited, lots of broken tools and equipment-especially related to asphalt core cutting. Injuries at work are common especially related to asphalt drilling. I had couple of close calls myself. This is because of poor training and lack of good equipment.

they cover 50% of your phone bill if you were not provided a company phone. however if you do not submit you phone bill by a set time, they do not give you your money. i didn't get paid for using my personal phone because i did not submit my bill on time. i was 2 months late. i was new and didn't know about this policy, which is stupid as they should of still re-reimbursed me. it is the principle that counts here, i use my phone to get to sites and should have been compensated regardless.

All in all, management expects you to be available on short notice. they make you drive to job sites out of town sometimes on short notice. Great job if you are single and willing to risk your health and do without sleep. Not a good job if you have family.
Pros
basic benefits, provide a truck F-150 to all technicians
Cons
dont provide phone, poor training, broken equipment
-Great company to work for that values their employees
-Often some form of bonus at the end of most projects

-Lots of OT

-Great management

-The schedule can be something to adjust to as your schedule is dictated by the project you're on. Management often gives you ample notice though before changing projects and schedules.
Pros
Generous salary, Loa, Benefits, Shift premium for overnights
Cons
Consistently changing schedule(I liked it, but recognize some don't)
AME is a part of Aecon Group, the largest construction company in Canada. A typical day at work is to provide geotechnical and building materials quality control and assurance for various civil projects in Eastern Ontario. I have learned specific MTO and CCIL tests and client relations. Workplace culture is to safely provide the best services to our clients. The hardest part of the job is the long hours and work in all of the weather conditions. The most enjoyable part is the sence of belonging and prode.
Pros
Good compensations, Overtime pay, Company vehicle
Cons
Long working hours, pressure, weather
work schedule is set , always know what the job is for the day. they offer competive wages and benefits to their employees. the are very safety focused,
I appreciated the Safety First culture that is promoted throughout the company. I liked the fact that the management and labor could communicate for the most efficient and positive way to accomplish the task that needed to be done. If the industrial construction industry hadn't crashed I would still be there.
Pros
Great pay, good benefits, positive attitude and interesting tasks.
Cons
I did not like being away from my family for several weeks at a time.
Company takes safety seriously will give you lots of training. Made lots of money but worked long hours a lot of overtime. Work is very challenging if you don’t meet quality standards they will let you go or if the work slows down will lay you off. Learned a lot of new skills and worked with some great people.
Pros
Training and benefits
Cons
Very challenging stressful at times and job security
Terrible place to work, bad morale, long term employees say place is going down hill due to poor management. They will lie to you and break promises to get you to hire on. They’re trying to pinch pennies in the wrong ways, yet they waste money when it benefits management. New hires don’t get treated the same as long term employees, they get “grandfathered” into different rules. Save yourself they stress and don’t waste your time with Aecon.
Pros
Great guys to work with... non-management employees
Cons
Management sucks