Aecon Group Management reviews

Over worked
PROJECT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 March 2019
Good company to work for but under some management you are over worked and under paid. It really is the people you work with closely that make the job more exciting.
I would avoid
Lead Hand (Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB24 August 2018
Every employee is expendable at anytime not matter how long you have worked there, management has no clue how to run the company and get rid of the good workers and keep the brutal ones.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
pay
Fast paced work environment
AR Progress Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2018
Changing priorities daily to meet business needs & demands.
The hardest part of the job is having too many deadlines at once. Enjoyable part of the job was working with management then who are very supportive & understanding.
Pros
Employee Appreciation, Team Building Events
Cons
Too many unrealistic company expectation
good company
Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2017
not a bad place to work, one of the best times i had there,
team was great. Management was ok but got worst.

best thing about is providing training.
Productive and fun place to work at
Certified Electrician (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB3 October 2017
Great management.
The rules were clear. Fun work area. Praised for a work well done. Long hours if one wanted. Great team work and great foremen. Advantage, was really close to my house
Great Company
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Bathyne & MacLean Lake5 September 2017
Work was great with them. They were very organized. Great Opportunity. Management worked well with everyone. Food was good and accommodations were clean .
Pros
Great Benefits, Great Management, Great Company
Cons
Working away from my family.
Good
Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 August 2017
Overall average income for the construction industry. Not competitive with O&G. Management culture is loose. They will talk about internal advancement, but, always hire outside the company for top jobs.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Overall a good place to work
Regional Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON27 July 2017
Fast paced safety orientated
Large volume of work
expanded my knowledge of safety and facility management
large area to cover working for a very large client
N/a
Sr.SAP HCM Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2017
Great company to work for, Great company, Great people, Great culture. very professional location, excellent management. It was a great experience get to work with great technology.
Pros
Good Culture
Cons
N/a
Long Harbour Project is a great place to work.
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Long Harbour, NL26 January 2017
I started as a 2nd year apprentices on a 10 hour day of 7 days on and 7 days off.I completed the required hour of my apprenticeship but have yet to write Red Seal journeyman.I learned a wide variety of related task such as pumps,piping fab work,maintenance of waste water and drinking water treatment plants,worked on commissioning of same as well as repairs/maintenance and commissions of underground service throughout the Long Harbour site.I had good relations with management and coworkers during the almost four years with Aecon Hardest part of the job was the travel daily to and from work especially during winters but enjoyed all aspects of the job.Most recently working was with KBAC on the LH project and finished in Aug 2016
overall a poorly planned basic job
Steamfitter-Pipefitter @488 (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB3 January 2017
No Toolboxes, hence tools were always scattered in various spots and far away in lay down area. No crane use in budget, so lets pay extra guys to stand around and watch the young guns manually hand rig and transfer the spools in tight areas in a live plant. Never had the right use of manpower on jobs or the right tools. we had to burrow from other contractors because we knew the employees working there to help out our day. Expected high demand but with unorganized work ethic. Camp was not good in terms of food and travel. Overall, stupid. I wont go work for that Super again if I hear he's running another job.
Pros
good wage
Cons
poor project management
K+s
Pipefitter Foreman (Former Employee) –  Bethune, SK8 December 2016
Worst ran job I've been on. These guys that represented the company should have never been in the positions they were in. The whole hiring their buddy system is a joke. They should keep these clowns from Thunder Bay, in Thunder Bay. I've worked for Aecon many of times, but this job is a disgrace to Aecon. Next time there is a big job in Saskatchewan, I hope Aecon West is doing it.
Not productive enviroment
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON19 August 2016
Aecon needs to look at the lower Management/Supervisors. Hiring friends over actual qualified folks like myself.
I Sat around most days for hours on end, trying to keep myself busy by doing their mandatory 40 hr university courses, and each day I asked for work however favoritism over work was very present, and my boss favored her hired friends by giving them work and leaving 4 other employees sitting around doing not much all day.
Pros
Ice cream in the lunch room
Cons
management
Great company to work for. Friendly staff and competitive wages
Fibre Optic Splicer (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON22 April 2014
Work for however long you want and get paid. However, your productivity has to be very good to get the work. I learned a lot about telecommunications and different tools and equipment used in that field. The management staff, wages, benefits were all excellent. The hardest part of the job was the pressure of deadlines and the most enjoyable part was learning new skills and working with great coworkers.
Pros
Great wages, benefits and good working environment
Cons
job security, pressure for productivity