Aecon Group
Coronavirus update

Aecon Group Employee Reviews for Superintendent

Superintendent7 reviews
Canada7 reviews
working day is typical for most of construction companies, be very careful to decide to work with the company unless you are "perfect",management has different level of experience even for senor positions, therefore,backstabbing is a normal.
The project I was involved with was the building and training of a water main division of 3 full crews including operators , Pipelayers and traffic control for A6N ( Aecon Six Nations ) using only six nation members
Pros
Successful in completing 27 Kms of Watermain, 120 hydrants, 2 school hookups and numerous residents and businesses
Cons
This project wasn’t repeated for more reservations or 3rd world community’s
job was borderline overwhelming as i have a family (but thats partially my fault as i lived a ways away from the office)

rarely got to see kids, worked saturdays etc. I did make comments to my bosses and they went out of there way to work with me (tell me to leave at 4 to go home etc) but then i just didnt have enough time in the day to coordinate the next days work.

Management was the bomb, culture was great, lunch meetings were awesome. but .. wife and kids are number one and i couldnt balance, so i had to leave.
Pros
just about everything (pay, beneifts, culture etc)
Cons
exhuasting and borderline overwhelming
Great company, great people, one of, if not the best company I have worked for in the industrial field. If more jobs come up I will definitely be looking to go back!
Pros
people, culture, organization
Cons
The task of commissioning and Qaqc a European Dredge.....,enabling the dredge to pass CSA standards in all aspects of mechanical,electrical and safety.
Excellent to be apart of the Team
Pros
Great experience
Cons
No project after install
A typical day would start with an all Supervisor/Contractor daily scheduling meeting. I would then have an informal meeting with my project foremen, discussing scheduled work, progress and safety issues. I would then attend the foreman/worker job task review for the upcoming day. I learned once again that you take nothing for granted, and that all people including Supervisors must fully understand the tasks and how vital schedules effect all aspects of the project. Upper Management was excellent to work with as they left you to manage your aspect of the project yourself. Being a Union job co-workers were normally good but I found myself constantly having to bring up work productivity, smoke breaks and extended coffee breaks. The most enjoyable part of all projects I've supervised is the ability to plan schedule and implement projects. I enjoy being able to be out in the field observing productivity to be able to plan the next day/weeks upcoming tasks. For myself being too busy was by far better than having little to do.
Pros
Open work atmosphere
Cons
Being one of the few Holders for work protection there were extended work weeks
A typical day in Aecon was organizing work. I learned how to be a superintendent and organize crews. I was management and feel like I did a fair and great job. Co-workers were excellent to work with. The hardest part of the job was organizing jobs to be done properly. The most enjoyable part was knowing that our customers were satisfied and happy.
Pros
Experience from trenching to management
Cons
None.