Aecon Group Employee Reviews for Pipefitter

3.5Job Security & Advancement
Great Company
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Bathyne & MacLean Lake5 September 2017
Work was great with them. They were very organized. Great Opportunity. Management worked well with everyone. Food was good and accommodations were clean .
Pros
Great Benefits, Great Management, Great Company
Cons
Working away from my family.
Long Harbour Project is a great place to work.
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Long Harbour, NL26 January 2017
I started as a 2nd year apprentices on a 10 hour day of 7 days on and 7 days off.I completed the required hour of my apprenticeship but have yet to write Red Seal journeyman.I learned a wide variety of related task such as pumps,piping fab work,maintenance of waste water and drinking water treatment plants,worked on commissioning of same as well as repairs/maintenance and commissions of underground service throughout the Long Harbour site.I had good relations with management and coworkers during the almost four years with Aecon Hardest part of the job was the travel daily to and from work especially during winters but enjoyed all aspects of the job.Most recently working was with KBAC on the LH project and finished in Aug 2016
Good company to work for
Steamfitter/Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB18 January 2017
Fair to all workers. Good communication. Good planning of tasks and good selection of tools. Very clean and safe work site.
overall a poorly planned basic job
Steamfitter-Pipefitter @488 (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB3 January 2017
No Toolboxes, hence tools were always scattered in various spots and far away in lay down area. No crane use in budget, so lets pay extra guys to stand around and watch the young guns manually hand rig and transfer the spools in tight areas in a live plant. Never had the right use of manpower on jobs or the right tools. we had to burrow from other contractors because we knew the employees working there to help out our day. Expected high demand but with unorganized work ethic. Camp was not good in terms of food and travel. Overall, stupid. I wont go work for that Super again if I hear he's running another job.
Pros
good wage
Cons
poor project management
K+s
Pipefitter Foreman (Former Employee) –  Bethune, SK8 December 2016
Worst ran job I've been on. These guys that represented the company should have never been in the positions they were in. The whole hiring their buddy system is a joke. They should keep these clowns from Thunder Bay, in Thunder Bay. I've worked for Aecon many of times, but this job is a disgrace to Aecon. Next time there is a big job in Saskatchewan, I hope Aecon West is doing it.