Aecon Group Employee Reviews in Fort McMurray, AB

Great company to work with
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 October 2018
The Aecon company is a very good company to work with. Great people to work with in any division. Gained a lot of experience while working with Aecon as well.
great company
Haul Truck Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 February 2018
great company to work for! great crew, flexible to adapt to your life, especially if you have a family! they definitely understand if something happens and you need time off.
Excellent work place and coworkers
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 February 2017
Great place to work, always paid on time good atmosphere. Safety is number one priority. They make sure your comfortable with the task your givin, Great company all around
Good company to work for
Steamfitter/Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB18 January 2017
Fair to all workers. Good communication. Good planning of tasks and good selection of tools. Very clean and safe work site.
overall a poorly planned basic job
Steamfitter-Pipefitter @488 (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB3 January 2017
No Toolboxes, hence tools were always scattered in various spots and far away in lay down area. No crane use in budget, so lets pay extra guys to stand around and watch the young guns manually hand rig and transfer the spools in tight areas in a live plant. Never had the right use of manpower on jobs or the right tools. we had to burrow from other contractors because we knew the employees working there to help out our day. Expected high demand but with unorganized work ethic. Camp was not good in terms of food and travel. Overall, stupid. I wont go work for that Super again if I hear he's running another job.
Pros
good wage
Cons
poor project management
Fun place to work with great co-workers and great supervisors...
Fuel And Lube Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB17 November 2015
This company teaches me that your work should not just be about the paycheck. It should be because you love the job you do, the people you work with and the people you work for...