Aecon Group Inc.
Happiness score is 68 out of 100

Aecon Group Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada493 reviews

safetyconstructionforemanprojectminingcanadasitecamp

Satisfing experience to have worked there.

The work experience was good safe place to work and thrive. Transportation provided to and from work on site if necessary. Camps are good,Supervisor are helpful an supportive. Room to work up in company. On site training is sometimes accessible . Compensation for off site training.

Pros

safety equipment provided, good equip. maintenence

Cons

Away from home

Decent company but not much opportunity in my area

Lots of opportunities in the east of Canada. Not so much in my area. Aecon is a very large company and a great company to work for. Would definitely recommend to friends and family.

Pros

Decent benefits, company vehicles and cell phones etc

Cons

Not great wages. Contract work often with lay offs

Insights into Aecon Group Inc.

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Productive and friendly work place

The company is well organized and better benefits for the employees with friendly environment and good opportunities are available for the individual employees so I my opinion it is the better place for the quality control Inspector

Pros

Friendly environments

Cons

Fantastac company, well organized team

It's a great place to work at. The teams are well organized. Managers and Co-Workers are fantastic people. The company culture is also good. A few negatives include fast-paced work and takes longer to grow in the company.

Pros

Amazing people to work with.

Cons

Fast Paced, work could get stressful and go long hours during peak season, takes time to grow in the company.

Toxic

Toxic work environment due to management and the lack of organization. If you're looking to have your self esteem torn apart then this is the shop for you.

Pros

Union pay Structure

Excellent Team and Organizarion

The team I was working with was respectful supportive and encouraging to succeed in my career. I was appreciated and given the responsibility to thrive. No one was micromanaging and I did not feel like I was just a number in the company. With a well-established company, I got great job security with great benefits like discounted share purchase programs and RRSP matching.You are encouraged to learn and get certifications and memberships in professional organizations.The only drawback I find is the average base salary.

Pros

100% Employer Paid Benefits, Discounted Share Purchase Program, RRSP Matching, Great Management, Environment to Thrive

Cons

Long Hours, Average Base Salary

great co workers

Recommend working at Aecon. Free coffee good benefits, christmas party. Only con was some employees just showed up for different hours and management wouldn't change for others.

Best Employer Ever

This is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. They helped me to develop my skills and turned me into a leader. There leadership likes to permote people from with in the company and like to develop there personal.

Technicien installateur

Très bon environnement pour apprendre et commencée un carrière

Nice place to learn

The great place to work. Team was fantastic. Management is supportive and easy approachable. Lots of room to grow. However pay is a bit discouraging.

Good environment, friendly people! Good benefits. Potential opportunities for relocation.Big company so hard to have a connected feel to other groups.

Aecon

I loved my job and learned so much. I was good at it. The only thing I didnt agree with was the manager and HR fired me for making a mistake. They never even gave me a chance to see this mistake, if there even was one. Very poor attitude in management and HR.

Good out west poor out east

I worked as a telcom tech. Money in BC was great, money in Nova Scotia for the same job is 40% less. Management was always good. Corporate could be hard to deal with to get paid correctly for stat days.

Decent

Typical coordinator job. Work is up and down and can get very busy during construction season. There are many supportive people at the company who want to see you succeed

Poor work environment, bad management

Poor job satisfication. No cooperation between colleagues. Lot of unsafe work practices. On call 24/7. Useless management. One of my 14yrs worst work place eexperience.

My short time there was good

Fair pay great foreman always knew what to expect and could work without worry of someone blowing up. There is always a rotten apple or 2 but ignore them and all is well

Pros

Good pay

Cons

No time for family they need a rotation in place

Productive and challenging workplace the work is challenging and reward

Work is rewarding sometimes sporadic have to travel for work safety training is good physically demanding sometimes work in weather conditions sometimes you have to work far from home long hours worked for them in 2019 the downfall is it can be unpredictable

Don’t drink the Kool-Aid

I left a good job for this disappointment and got let go after having four positions at once put on me that I didn’t apply for, unvaccinated…. And goodbye 2.5 years of project coordinator, payroll, equipment management and IT and you get cut just like that. I wouldn’t send an enemy in this direction. Consider yourself warned.

Pros

Free parking

Cons

Everything else

poor management

poor management , unsafe enviroment , no communication from management , great coworkers , ruined my career , thought this was the job . lots of hours . but be careful . dont miss a day then thats when things change with management

Pros

Cons

never recommend anyone

Woke cesspool

Avoid this company. It employs non value bringing social justice warriors that will make your life miserable. Everyone is unhappy there. Worst place I have ever worked for

Pros

Remote work

Cons

Woke culture

Environnement de travail malsain

L’environnement de travail est toxic et malsain. On a des avantages en fonction du degré de copinage avec la direction. Il y règne une ambiance de cours d’école avec des commérages et messes basses

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aecon Group Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement