Adventure Valley Day Camp

Adventure Valley Day Camp Employee Reviews for Camp employee

Camp employee1 review
Canada1 review
Found 1 review matching the search
To be honest, camp culture at AV can be seen as either a positive or a negative depending on how "campy" you are. Positive, if you buy into the your upper staff are ur friends and love to participate in the activities and Friday Fun Day (which is often unorganized). Negative, if you see how the head staff treat employees who don't live up to certain expectations especially for returning staff, if little pay gets you down, if you find constant peppiness obnoxious. Tbh, a fine place to work for ur first year. As the years go on though, you start to see layers unfold or get treated poorly, unappreciated. There was an incident in August 2018 with a lot of staff getting food poisoning, and getting very sick that was never apologized for by the head staff responsible for it (in fact they were laughed at for still being sick halfway through the day, when they were sick all day. Many had to participate in rigorous physical acitivity while barely functioning, or were too incapacitated to be able to. This was during colour wars, which is often a mess.).
There is also a culture of "you have to return" with disregard for many people's lives outside of camp.

Honestly, hit or miss. Only work here if you're campy, like children, dont need a lot of money, and get along with head staff.

A good first job, after my 2018 experience I wouldn't return there though.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Adventure Valley Day Camp?