AdventHealth Employee Reviews

The award for worst place to work
Management (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL16 May 2019
This Hospital is the worst place in the Tampa area to work! A few things to consider before you say yes to the organization:
1. Management is clueless on managing the employees.
2. You have to look a certain way to be considered for a promotion.
3. Toxic environment for new employees
8. They hide behind the Church thing, they are not Christians
9. The Senior leadership does not look like the community, its
beneath them
10. Run, Run, Run, you will eventually be fired
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Your just a number
Terrible culture
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL15 May 2019
The culture within the hospital is terrible with constant bickering within units and between units. The management team does not work together which is noticeable to the staff.
Great Christian Culture
Referral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sebring, FL15 May 2019
Their Christ Centered mission is very strong and uplifting. Pay is less than other organizations but the culture is very peaceful and loving and patient oriented
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FL15 May 2019
I loved working here . I loved my patients and there family . I also loved the fact that they take time with the patients . They do outing and live entertainment . They also decorate for the holidays . They play games and have plenty of love on hand for everyone . They really care for their patients .
Productive workplace
Patient Care Technician II (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FL15 May 2019
I enjoyed the work experience with the company. There were many job advancement opportunities. The company valued their employees, and gave yearly cost of living wage, as well as bonuses.
Pros
Workplace advancement
Cons
Hiring process challenging
Run
Social Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL14 May 2019
i worked at this place for 2 years. it was the most stressful place. the management didn't support you. you had to do everything on your own. The worker were not friendly. I learned from this job how to be quick learner. I learn that if you didnt write it it didnt happen.
Former Employee
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Florida10 May 2019
Advent health is very much about their culture and their way of doing things you are either on board or you are in need of other employment they spend a lot of time and energy making sure employee know what their culture is all about
Pros
Very spiritual
Cons
Very strict
Salary good, working conditions impossible
Infection Preventionist (Former Employee) –  Palm Coast, FL4 May 2019
Hired in middle management with over 25 years of experience. The current management was very young and inexperienced. In the department that I was in, turnover was rapid. The style, authoritarian and autocratic.
We were dealing with an antiquated EMR system that would not synchronize with anything. Unacheivable goals were set. Feedback discouraged unless positive. Scapegoating was widespread. Resources were never available due to budget issues.
Present leadership were using this facility as a stepping stone to get ahead and move on to better facilities. They professed to be and acted very religious-having prayers prior to every meeting, which made this behavior that much more hypocritical.
Pay was excellent but they did not expect you to have a life secondary to work. Although I left for a job making much less money, I maintain my sanity and have the ability to work where there is a true appreciation for my skills.
One caveat about the "days off" offered. If the the budget was looking bad, you would be forced to take your vacation days off, whether you wanted to or not. That is contrary to the intent of a "day off", isn't it?
Pros
Salary was good
Cons
See review
A well-balance organization
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL24 April 2019
Leadership is very supported and caring. The culture and mission represent my daily life. I enjoy working with people who show compassion and that is exactly what they represent.
Great
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FL22 April 2019
Great people! The atmosphere was friendly and I love the mission statement. Overall, it is a great hospital filled with a great staff willing to help patients.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
N/a
Watch Your Back
Stroke coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL17 April 2019
If you are good at pointing fingers and back stabbing others, you will fit into the culture well. Weak management avoids confrontation and will not stand up for you. In fact, management will encourage poor professional behavior of others. Your point of view is not considered in the equation, & you are considered guilty based on another`s observations. Many charges made against you seem trivial. If you stand up for yourself, you tend to multiply your problems. Can also be set up to fail on assignments. People can & will sabotage you on the job.
Since becoming AdventHealth, the personal feeling of family and your home away from home is being replaced by the cold hard realities of a corporate entity.
Survivable for good short term experience needs. Beware of making it your long term employer, as the tendency is to find reasons to attack your integrity and claim poor performance in order to terminate as you approach retirement age.
Pros
Decent benefits and perks
Cons
Weak management promotes unprofessionalism.
THE best hospital in kansas city to work for
Phlebotomy Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Shawnee Mission, KS17 April 2019
This is an amazing place to work.

After working at Olathe Medical Center, KU Medical Center, and VA in Leavenworth, I can say without a doubt that Advent health tops all three easily.

This place truly fosters an environment of caring and support for EVERYONE! not just employees who some feel are essential in the operation of a hospital.

It does not matter if you work in EVS or as a Physician you are treated equally throughout the hospital.
Pros
So many
Cons
The worst place I've ever worked.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FL16 April 2019
This company does not care about its employees one bit. I worked there for 3 years and management changed 3 times. They increased the number of managers from 2 to 8 for under 30 employees in my department. They went around trying to get you in trouble and all the employees feared for their job. They created a hostile work environment by writing people up over hearsay. Once you were written up it didn't matter what you said in your defense, you were still.punished. They fired people over something someone said they said or claimed they did even if it wasn't true. They did not reward good behavior or loyalty. They did not care if you worked over your shift every single day even if you need to be somewhere. They used Christianity against you. They alienated new people and did not tell them how to put in their call or shift overages correctly. They sent you home when it was not busy even when there was still lots of work to do, so you would come in the next day and not have what you needed. I was never allowed to sit in the breakroom when we were done with our work because they wanted us to keep busy. This causes employees to go hide in the back or bathroom or locker room instead of being able to relax for a few minutes between assignments. Nurses were treated different from techs because they were not required to work. They were allowed to sit and relax. This company is very poorly run, no organization or planning ahead. This causes many delays in treatment and care of the patient.
Pros
Its a job..
Cons
Constant worry about being written up, Never know when you will be getting off work, Treated as less than, Nurses were paid ten dollars more per hour than you but you did all the work, Too many bosses.
Fun workplace
Insurance Follow up (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FL15 April 2019
Called on denied claims for BCBS. Prepared appeals if necessary. Worked correspondence in the lockbox. Required to work 50 claims per day. The people that I worked for and with were wonderful people. Was a shame that we had to leave.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Lost my position due to closing office
poor management
clinical staff (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL14 April 2019
I do not recommend working with this hospital system. Out of all of the hospital systems I have been affiliated with in different states, this hospital has been the most hostile environment I have ever been a part of. Besides getting paid, having a part of my salary revoked because of an HR person's misunderstanding of the rules and the weekly slaps on my wrists gets tiring. You will always have a high level of cortisol flowing through your body because of the amount of unnecessary stress they put on you. And I agree with others' review - the mission is not carried out through the hospital system, just when it benefits its managers and leaders.
Pros
salary biweekly
Cons
management and leadership
AdventHealth
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NC14 April 2019
At AdventHealth you really are treated well. The organization emphasizes on trainings for new/current employees on how the company feels ALL its employees should work with others and the community and how everyone plays and impact in their rolls.
Working for a company like this is truly a blessing.
Pros
Amazing leadership, great mission, unique
Cons
Pay, Benefits
Good company
Employee (Former Employee) –  Florida12 April 2019
Good company to work for. Growth potential. Many great people who work for the company. Good hours and work life balance. Excellent physicians to work side by side.
Not a good place to work as a temp
Cash Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FL12 April 2019
**DO NOT WORK HERE AS A TEMP**

The cash reconciliation team was a mess. There was no organization or structure. I lasted for a longer period of time only because I had decent trainers. Half of the temps last two days before being fired. Ironically, some of their full-time employees couldn't do their job right but would never get fired.

The culture is terrible in this department. They purposefully make temps feel like they are unwelcome and not part of the team. Management does not discuss issues between themselves; therefore, temps are given five conflicting instructions and or duties by various people. Also, nobody is genuine.

Additionally, they fire you without warning. I worked there for months, and one day I get a call saying "don't come in to work tomorrow." They knew in advance that they were going to let me go but rather than give me any time to find a new job, I was cut cold-turkey. They would not even let me get my stuff from my desk.

They also never talked to me directly. Every time my boss wanted to convey something to me, she'd go through one of my coworkers or my temp agent. This also happened to the other temps.

While working there, I noticed that there was no opportunity for job advancement. Some people had been working for more than 10 years and weren't even managers. If you want to be stuck doing the same thing every day for the rest of your life, this is the job for you. If not, move on to a better company.

My overall experience with this company is that they don't follow their supposed Christian values. They do not care about people the
  more... way they claim, and I was really disappointed by my experience there.  less
Pros
Nice facilities
Cons
Poor Management, Bad Work Environment
Room for advancement
EVS Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Tavares, FL12 April 2019
Good friendly management and you can work as many hours as you like. They have a great cafe and gym. I'm looking for a job with more money and room for growth. As well as closer to my family.
Good but could be better
Surgical Scrub Tech/LPN - Neurosurgery (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL9 April 2019
Overall good environment to work in, however management lacks communication with other managers and employees. When an issue is addressed it seems that it is not solved either.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AdventHealth. Our community is ready to answer.