Advantage Personnel

Advantage Personnel Employee Reviews

Canada72 reviews
Staff were friendly and there were many placements available. I was able to expand upon my resume and develop future employment contacts through these placements.
Pros
Friendly staff many placements
I worked at RDJ Bakeries, it was a good job but management was f@cked! Working nightshift was good, then comes dayshift then everything is screwed up again!!!
• Completed voluntary customer service training to learn ways to enhance customer satisfaction and improve productivity.
• Managed a high-volume workload within a deadline-driven environment. Resolved an average of 800 inquiries weekly and consistently met performance standards in all areas including speed, accuracy and volume.

• Highly commended for initiative, enthusiasm, persuasiveness, intense customer focus and dependability in performance evaluations.

• Fulfilled the position for the Oxford Properties Group receptionist during sick leave contracts.
You are busy with email, faxes and calls for product knowledge, sales quotes and orders. Work with shipping to determine shipping costs, work with production for scheduling jobs. They are a placement agency so I did not actually work there.
My placement was in a manufacturing plant. I worked in customer service. The people were amazing. They went out of their way to teach me. Nice balance of mental and physical activities.
Pros
I can prioritize my duties
Cons
most of my work came in the afternoon.
They fired an employee for having a doctors note for mental health illness !!! Lawsuit going their way!! Not acceptable at all.. and the lady that was dealing with the employee was very rude no compassion at all.. just rude.. and newsflash you can not fire someone with a doctors note especially no a days with mental health issues!! Can’t wait too see the outcome of this
Wonderful company to work with, give different jobs which help you to gain many experience and to learn different jobs, and working overtime jobs most time gave me more determination
The staff there work really hard to get you a fast placement and a fair wage. They work with you to make sure your needs are met and that your happy with your experience.
it is a very nice agency and have a sense of humor. Always attend call and reply the e-mails very frequently. Pay rate is very nice as compare to other agencies.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Advantage Personnel?
Terrible m, it’s an unprofessional company to hitch does not care about staff or employment and labor standards. I would not recommend any to work here ever
depending on where you are sent, the intensity of labor depends. Most jobs included lifting over 50 pounds. The pay varies at each job, sometimes its good other times its not. Best thing about this job is you can choose what days you want to work and ones you choose not to. Weekly pay was nice too.
A good opportunity if you are looking out for a jumping off point in a recruitment career. The company preaches a team-oriented culture across the board, although on the branch level you may find yourself in limited company. Structured training is limited. Be prepared to hit the ground running.
First things first, the pay is absolutely pathetic with this company - both internally and as a temp.

Second, they want you to be available 24/7, 365 days a year, literally no work-life balance. They treat their employees terribly and they cannot keep Staffing Coordinators because of it.

Only pro was the co-workers (NOT managers) were super nice, but this is the kinda company you get bad vibes from right away.
Pros
Colleagues are awesome
Cons
Low pay, no work-life balance, managers are terrible
This "company" has no compassion what so ever! I was fired from my role as a staffing coordinator in ottawa after taking too many "sick days" when I was cremating my child, they even deducted hundreds off my salary because of these days, wont even give me my severance package, absolutely unorganized and waste of time they barely actually put anyone to work.
Pros
nothing
Cons
them
* forgot to get paid twice
* lack of job options

* no one actively looking for a job

* no rights if you are let go from a job for an invalid reason

Pros
no pros
Cons
terrible place to be
While working for the company , they didn’t not return phone calls or emails most days. They tell you there is a lot of work but you sit for weeks and months. When there is no work and You ask for an ROE , they tell you you are not entitled to one because there is so much work. They submit an ROE saying you quit when you were laid off.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Bad management. They do not return calls or emails. Submit incorrect ROE’s
The Saint John branch has No loyalty to their clients., This company has a tendency to tell you they have lots of work, but they have you sit home and wait for weeks on end. Asking for an ROE they will refuse, do to them having to much work, and yet your still sitting home. If your lucky/not so lucky, to get an ROE from them it will say qut not shortage of work.this isn't me venting, this is an experience I've been witness too. Eight weeks of not working is ridiculous, was the work Advantage If there's so much!?!
i will be writing a letter to the editor as well.
Pros
Cons
Dishonest, no loyalty, bad placement, mismanagement, etc...
This agency will be able to forward my proficient driver to multiple companies for diverse trucking job. From reefers trailer to drybox or even Classe 3
not a whole lot to say about this company. local branch was ok, but my experience involved pushy and antagonizing management from head office. had to involve labour standards when I left.
Advantage gave me an opportunity to work with Emerson Packaging for a 6 month term. The work days were great and some of the employees were great to learn from. The Management was great and allowed me to use their company gym. The hardest part of the job was a few of the regular employees misused temp workers but this is not in anyway in part of the agency.
Pros
work for great bosses
Cons
inequality because of being a temp
Productive and rewarding workplace, where you get to have a positive impact on your community on a personal and professional level. Having a love for people is essential.
Pros
Autonomy to create and innovate
Cons
Long hours, high turnover of workforce