Advantage Personnel Employee Reviews

Usually very casual
temporary assistant to data collectors and helped (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 March 2018
Typically spend 8 hours at work, I improved my communication & Hard working skills drastically. Management was great they where always clear on what was required of you, hardest part was that they tend to push your limits, most enjoyable part was they helped me do things I didn't initially think I could.
Terrible at communicating
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS19 March 2018
These guys placed me in a position ( which was temp at the time) The company actually decided to hire me on full-time after 2 months. Advantage DID NOT let me know that the company I was temping for had actually hired me, they didn't congratulate me on getting the position and they gipped my last pay I had to fight for it. Terrible communication I would not recommend this temp agency to anyone and I have worked for many and this is the only one I have anything bad to say about. The girls that work there are super stuck up I have gone in a few times to pick up pay stubs and they just look at you as if to say "what do you want" not a friendly environment at all. They didn't let me know about filling out timesheets I had to figure that out on my own as well. that is another big con, if you want your paystubs you have to actually go to their office and pick them up, ( are they too cheap to buy stamps?) Just a terrible experience all in all with them only good thing out of it was the job they did hook me up with IS a GREAT job and I'm glad I don't have to deal with Advantage anymore
Pros
can be good pay
Cons
terrible recruiters
Meh
Temporary worker (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS22 January 2018
The work would be provided upon phoning advantage at 3:00 Pm through out the week to get assignments, unless posted to a job for a longer period upon instruction. I delivered drywall, Cleaned Garages, and finally was taken on full time at Medical Mart Atlantic.
Pros
pays money
Cons
unknown
Worked for a lot better
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON24 December 2017
Not a fun company to work for. Never made you feel like an employee just number. Some of the staff had respect the employee but those in charge showed they were the boss
Pros
a job
Cons
listed above
great placement agency
Contract Labourer (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB19 December 2017
i get calls all the time for work
possibility of long term contract
great people to work with
sometimes there is no work according with the season
management is very family oriented
it was a coop program
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 September 2017
as it is an administrative position and an coop program i learned to manage the things and to get them organised and to maintain the records and files of the clients
Good employer
Industrial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB12 September 2017
Workedwith this company in moncton they kept me busy from day 1 all the staff member treated you like you were family and worked hard to find jobs and worked will with the employer to build a connection
Pros
Good way to work and earn money
Cons
On call some times
Good for part time
GENERAL LABOURER (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 September 2017
This is a great place for those having troubles finding employment or who are on lay off period. Provides you with great part time employment quickly.
Fun plce to work and learn
Flag Person (Former Employee) –  Ottawa26 August 2017
Great place to work people are most helpfull
Office staff make you feel important at all times
The try there best to assist workers get work

Best company i have worked for in a whike
Pros
Fantastic office staff
Cons
Working with people who dont want to learn
Great company
Enployee (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON22 August 2017
Value your work life balance. On call yes, however aware of this before accepting the job. Friendly atmosphere. Would recommend to anyone looking for work
Do not work here
Staffing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON31 July 2017
Unorganized. Not a good company..on call after you work 9 hours a day,...you probably make 12 an hour on average if lucky after the time you put in. REGRET.
Good Boss, Good Pay, No Problem!
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON29 June 2017
I worked for them for about 2 months, 2 nights a week. For someone like me who's interested in part time work while building your own home based business, this really is an opportunity.

While I have gone elsewhere for the time being, I feel welcome to come back any time.

JH
Productive and Professional
Sales excutive (Former Employee) –  Ottawa ON29 May 2017
I am interested in a professional and productivr work place. With enthusisatic and great employee who are hard working and dedicated to thier job. And employee who are always will to go the extra mile for customers.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Unprofessional
It was an all around good experience for me.
Manual Labourer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 May 2017
i liked a lot of things about this opportunity, for instance; the pay was good, the staff in charge were considerate and kind. i also liked the location of the jobs i was sent to as they were not too distant from my location at the time.
Its a temp job
Metal Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 April 2017
The agency is not very good. They didnt tell the employee that i was taking a day off because of being sick . So i was let go. I did everything from call the agency in the morning and left a message. They are not very bright over there. I dont like them and i wouldnt recommend them to anyone. Only good thing is that i learned something new.
Pros
Gets you work which mean moeny
Cons
Agency is not very good. At lest the brampton one isnt at all.
terrible company
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 March 2017
awful branch in Brampton with lots of pressure and negativity
the people who you hire are always ungrateful and suck the life out of you
hours are bad
being on call often is awful
Amazing opportunity and experience
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB27 January 2017
I had the opportunity to fly to Fort McMurray Alberta to assist in the restoration. This was truly a breath taking experience. I gained a lot of experience. During my time in Fort Mac I did a lot of thorough cleaning of both commercial and residential buildings.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
It was hard to see the destruction
No Job Work/Life Balance
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 November 2016
Being a recruiter for over a year and was not able to have any balance in my life. Working long hours, bringing work load home, getting calls at 3am to backfill orders. Promise of advancement was not met and pay was mediocre considering you work 50hours a week minimum. The more you do to show you care about the company the more they disregard it.
Pros
never a dull moment
Cons
no life, pay was not worth the amount of hours you put in.
Productive and fun place to work
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Moncton Area, NB16 October 2016
I pretty much liked working for the company in general, and I learned stuff along the way that I can use in the future.

By working for a few different clients, I had similar experienced from all the jobs.

I learnt some skills that I could possibly use in a career in the future.
visited a lot of different places and met a lot of great people.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2016
I would go in the morning to a workplace of my choosing and do what the employer has assigned my company to do. Whether, its cleaning, organizing, fetching orders or loading and unloading. Sometimes i would be a driver helper and go deliver stuff like printers to different workplaces or stores.
Pros
exploring places i haven't been before.
Cons
some employers i was sent to wasn't the greatest.