Advantage Group
Work wellbeing score is 61 out of 100

Advantage Group Management reviews

Canada23 reviews

Clear

Would recommend working with advantage. Work Contracted jobs with various companies

They will assist you in finding employment, on call short term work with a number of different industries and companies you can work with. Pay is fair for the work you do.

Pros

Flexible schedule, good management

Cons

Inconsistent hours no guaranteed schedule

Quite honestly the worst place to work in Canada

The management is incompetent and slow. The people that work for advantage understand how to screw over employees in all aspects of life. If you want a sick day. Sure you can take one and never get paid. Their policies are horrendous. You will have to fight for anything you get there. It’s a scam to work for these people. They make money off of you and don’t care at all about you. They will make you want to unalive yourself on a good day of interaction with them. You are better off being unemployed than working for this company. Run.

Insights into Advantage Group

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Collaborative team and professional environment

As a former employee, I speak from experience in saying that Advantage is a great place to work! Although the branches are spread out across Canada, the work is collaborative with company meetings (virtual) to connect and share ideas/training sessions. The senior management team is always there to help when needed. Somedays can be busy which is overwhelming but with the proper time management and schedule, it's manageable.

Unfortunately they have big turn over in the Staffing Coordinator position

A heavy workload for the Staffing Coordinator.Review all resumes, to see who is qualified for open positions. Print all resumes, call potential candidates, screening questions; then schedule into the office for registration.Scan all documents, add new employees, and input all information into Computer. Our initial Manager was fantastic, I loved her management style. Unfortunately, the manager left the company before we were fully trained.The hardest part of the job was the amount of daily workload. Many times I came into the office early and also worked late. As well the goals for the office to meet was unrealistic.I don't know how they think someone else can fill all orders with qualified candidates when no qualified candidates apply?

Pros

Only 2 employees working in office, we were hired together and thus learned together.

Cons

High expectations on Staffing Coordinator, to fill all open orders when no qualified canadines applied, even Companies had job ads and they were not being filled.

Official response from Advantage Group

13 July 2022
Thank you for your comments, we appreciate your efforts in the role, and it is unfortunate you feel this way. We wish you all the very best in the future, and remind you that there was no need for you to come in early and stay later. Thank you.

One of the worst places I've ever worked.

This was one of the worst places I have ever worked. First of all, management LOVES to micro-manage - insisting you cc them on every single email you send. Secondly, there is an unwritten rule that you will work through your lunch break, which is only 30 minutes in a 9 hour work day. You are expected to be on call at all hours of the day/ night - there is NO work-life balance. For the amount of effort you're expected to put in, you receive very little pay and the benefit package was also terrible. If this is the type of job you'd like to build your career on, strongly consider working for another company.

Official response from Advantage Group

13 July 2022
It is sometimes unfortunate that these comments are posted without context or lack of reference to overall performance. We appreciate your view of the role, however there are some great inaccuracies. We hope that you are in a better place for you at this time, and wish you all the best.

Great team environment

I work with a great team. Full of helpful ideas and great experiences. Great support system. Learning something new each and every day. Management is very supportive both professionally and personally.

Pros

Great teamwork

Cons

Sometimes too quiet

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advantage Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement