Advantage Communications

Advantage Communications Employee Reviews

Canada62 reviews

supportteamcoworkerspeoplestaffenjoyemployeehard

Managment is tough with lots of expectations

Rarely provide reference even after being a very good agent, so stressed about stats that it makes it hard to solve all clients issues efficiently, good for bilingual only as english speakers are paid such a few amount of money with a hard job. The only thing i liked is the peopleThere!

I liked Advantage, until I didn't

The first six months were amazing I was working for the Indigo campaign, and then I was "promoted" to the most hellish campaign ever, Miele Canada. All in all, if you are not bilingual, it is not worth it because you are paid minimum wage. I felt way more competent than the high school dropout management who respond to your emails when it suits them, if ever. Also, significant gossip culture among themselves.

Insights into Advantage Communications

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Overall satisfaction

Worst place I have ever worked

When I first started I liked it and then after a month everyone's true colors started to show , alot of the people in lead roles are unprofessional and lack communication and empathy. I would never recommend someone to work for this company and I'm glad I left when I did .

Pros

Meeting new people, Easy tasks

Cons

Management, team leads and trainers pretend to be something their not, very unprofessional and ignorant.

Good for starting out on call center path for work

Work from home postion. Athough my co-workers and my support were awesome the company is definitely not set up to manage high volume calls. Constant computer issues and you are to track your tech issues and request the adjustment of time for issues, this is something that should be done by management. When calls are monitored your score is based on how the person listening is feeling that day and there are different rules for everyone it seems. When you leave the company you will fight for your papers and final pay.

Pros

Co-workers are great, support and team leads are friendly and helpful.

Cons

Work life balance isn't great, pay is low, no consistency with expectations and no recognition for work done.

The bare minimum

They say that they have flexible hours and great perks and benefits but that's all lies to get more people in to seats. They don't care about employees wellbeing and the management are very self centered. They have had 4 different people come in to run the company in as many years but refuse to make any changes resulting in these people leaving after only a few months. The management staff changes as quick as the floor staff implying that they likely hate it there too.

Pros

Waste of time and energy

Worst company ever in all aspects!Payroll was the worst, always had discripencies..Higher ups were under qualified while regular agents were all degree holders. No social distancing was being respected inside the building with the on-going pandemic. Higher job positions are given to people without interviewing candidates.

Pros

You will never move up in that place. No pros

Cons

Everything!

Worst decision of my life

Most stressful job. Low wages . Worst mangement the team leads know nothing at all they just come sit watch tv talk and go home if you need any help basically THEY ARE OF NO USE .the operations manager super hopeless female. I mean in short the ENTIRE MANAGEMENT SUCKS TO SUCH AN EXTENT THAT U WILL FEEL LIKE running away at once

Pros

No pros if you have no life get hired at advantage communications best place than .

Cons

Full of useless management who know how to create stress for employees, The only people working hard are the actual agent's who take calls, People other than that are super hopeless useless litterally wasting companies time and money, Thats is the management of advantage communications who gets paid to basically do nothing, Just come to work roam around with coffee, Smoke vape standing outside the building, Or watching shows on the cellphone sitting behind the computer screen at one corner of the office, THE PEOPLE OF MANAGEMENT ARE Bunch of hopeless people

Stressed and Underpaid

Stressful job from start to finish of a shift, not paid enough for the work you do, does not matter how long you have worked for the company. Very little praise for job you do, rather punish than praise. Any bonuses you get are a joke if you actually get one. You get points to get something on a site but if you quit or are fired then you lose anything you saved up since starting. Management is sub par. Hardest part of the job is putting up with customers who have the right to abuse you verbally without any recourse. Most enjoyable part of the job is going home at the end of your shift.

A small contact center

Great management within the center and everyone is super great to work with. Scheduling is a challenge at times and some shifts are understaffed. Have gained a lot of customer service experience and new skills like working with new programs and troubleshooting within those programs. But lack of pay, minimum benefits, and unreliably of the computers, systems and programs; though there are upgrades in progress over the long haul. Lack of HR, site director, or It staff on site hurt what is an overall OK place to work.

Workplace review

Did not learn much working here. Okay place to work as with any call centre. Friendly staff but management is not the greatest. The job itself was somewhat demanding. However, resources were in place to assist.

Can be a bit stressful sometimes but nothing you can't handle

As a student, it was a very ideal place to work. Very flexible schedule and very good management. I enjoyed my time there. I only left because I was moving otherwise I would've stayed.

Middle management is the largest downfall

Gossip culture, unhealthy. Dirty and bugs in location. Has been spray for bed bugs at least once, possibly twice in past 5 years. If you do not fit into the clique, you will find you are picked on. Always under a microscope. Calls listened to, supervisors always being critical and not offering solutions. Everyone is dating each other or related.New staff makes the same as older staff. Don't expect fair pay. Don't expect a raise. Since starting, at least 3 HR managers have quit, looking to hire 2 more. Since starting most managers have only lasted until three month. Most new jobs are at the other spot, outside of canada.90 percent of staff are there under 2 years.

Pros

they will hire anyone

Cons

they will hire anyone

Nice People

I enjoyed the team aspect at advantage communications...everyone worked as a team and assisted one another with any situations or problems that may arise on the job

Great

I really enjoy working here. I found out this job as one of the most nicest place to work. As work doesn't feel work. I really enjoy working here. Thank you

Small company, grew too fast

Small company, grew too fast. Lack of cohesive direction from upper management. Everyone is out for themselves rather than reaching team or company goals.

Eastlink phone support

It was an OK job supporting Eastlink TV. I then moved over to another program for RightNetworks in the USA. With RN I supported mainly Quickbooks, but there were hundreds of other financial apps that I did have to support also.

Positive and Professional Work Environment

I have worked at Advantage Communications for over 7 years, and it's the best Call Centre that I have worked in. The management is always there to help you move up in the company and rooting for you and your successes.

Great Morale and Culture but Room to Grow Logistically

ACI's overall workplace morale is fantastic. Everyone seems to enjoy their job overall and interacts positively. Management is always open to helping their respective teams and always focused on growth and results. At times, I feel there could be better flexibility in terms of employee's personal needs outside of work, as work/life balance is important.

Pros

Positive environment

Cons

Flexibility/work life balance needs

Great Place to Work!

I love the atmosphere, people are friendly and happy to be here! Welcoming to new employees. Lots of great schedule options and the opportunity to learn and grow in my career.

Pros

Free parking, Team Leaders are helpful

Cleaner

I've honestly never worked anywhere in all of my 15 years of working in various places have I received so much positive feedback and compliments about my work ethic and daily duties. It only makes me work that much harder and better and strive to be the best person I can be. The fact that I'm working a Monday-Friday job and getting benefits there really isn't anything more I could ask for.

Pros

Health benefits, smoke breaks, diversity

Cons

Lot of on my feet

Awesome

I am on the toughest campaign here. When I started in Nov 2018 I had no clue what I was doing with the campaign I am on. I have worked in 4 different call centres. This is the best one that I have worked in. In the other campaign that I have done it was customer service and sales and very little technical support. The campaign I am on is all technical. I am little older that then other agents on the campaign but they are wonderful when I ask for help. When it is bad weather they will pay for your trip to work and home and free food. The team leads are great too. I only thing I don't like is I have a 40 minute walk everyday

Pros

Free lunches trips to work and home in bad weather and amazing people

Cons

long walk to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advantage Communications. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement