Advantage Communications Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work!
Leader (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE17 June 2019
I love the atmosphere, people are friendly and happy to be here!

Welcoming to new employees.

Lots of great schedule options and the opportunity to learn and grow in my career.
Pros
Free parking, Team Leaders are helpful
Cleaner
Cleaner/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE4 June 2019
I've honestly never worked anywhere in all of my 15 years of working in various places have I received so much positive feedback and compliments about my work ethic and daily duties. It only makes me work that much harder and better and strive to be the best person I can be.
The fact that I'm working a Monday-Friday job and getting benefits there really isn't anything more I could ask for.
Pros
Health benefits, smoke breaks, diversity
Cons
Lot of on my feet
Awesome
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE3 June 2019
I am on the toughest campaign here. When I started in Nov 2018 I had no clue what I was doing with the campaign I am on. I have worked in 4 different call centres. This is the best one that I have worked in. In the other campaign that I have done it was customer service and sales and very little technical support. The campaign I am on is all technical. I am little older that then other agents on the campaign but they are wonderful when I ask for help. When it is bad weather they will pay for your trip to work and home and free food.
The team leads are great too. I only thing I don't like is I have a 40 minute walk everyday
Pros
Free lunches trips to work and home in bad weather and amazing people
Cons
long walk to work
Very welcoming place
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NS31 May 2019
Very welcoming and understanding, always able to help with learning new things,had amazing benefits for people who are on alot of meds, very creative with activity on special days
Pros
Popcorn friday
Cons
No standing desks on tech side
Because I feel like a matter to the company
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE ( Work@Home)31 May 2019
I have been working for Advantage Communications for 9 years and I still enjoy coming into work everyday. My day is spent assisting a team of agents to reach their work goals, while I achieve goals of my own.

I have learned that an organization is only as good as the people that work her. I have learned that change is a big part of my job, encouraging other's as well as myself to always do your best in everything that you do.

The management is just like an extended family, they are here for us when we need them the most.

The hardest part of my job is to see people not try their best when I know that they have so much more to offer us.

The best part of my job is certainly the people that work there, I love going into the center and seeing of those smiling faces. I like that we all work together as a team.
Pros
Meeting new people, changes, and how I can go to anyone in our company and they are there for me.
Cons
Sometimes there are not enough hours in a day to complete all that I want to do.
Advantage is Fantastic
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE31 May 2019
This has been a great place and company to work for for nearly a decade now . No place I would rather be ! Always ready and willing to assist with training and advancement .
Pros
Flexibility on shifts and
Cons
site closure
I've worked here almost 9 years and I will work here until I retire hopefully
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE31 May 2019
Having worked in the Call Centre industry since 2001 at various companies I decidedly would not want to work at another Contact Centre than Advantage.

I've worked with several of their clients in various roles and locations, and no matter what role I was in they were always ready to help accommodate my needs and have provided ample room for advancement.

From the minute you walk into Reception for your initial interview, you are treated with respect and you are welcomed into the ACI family.
Pros
Feeling like a meaningful member of a Team
Cons
Can't think of any
Love my coworkers
bilingual help desk (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE31 May 2019
Good spot!
Good hours!
Bilingual jobs opportunities!
Lots of staff events!
WE HAVE CAKE EVERY MONTH!!!
Management / HR are agreeable.
Benefits are decent too!
Pros
the people
Cons
location
summary
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE8 March 2019
great place to work. met amazing people. i loved working there. was a bit far for me to work but overall great experience. loved the experience and looking foward
Review
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE30 January 2019
A day at Advantage Communications is an enjoyable and different experience every day. New challenges arise making work more interesting, allowing co-workers to establish a comfortability around each other and allows for collaboration. People who work together to resolve an issue usually end up becoming closer doing it.
Pros
Staff is great!
Cons
Management takes long to get back to you.
productive place to work in.
Technical Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE1 January 2019
its a productive and fun workplace. There are lots of opportunities to get an even better paygrade and it is never boring at work since there are things like games to keep the workplace interesting.
lacked direction. was a job that i liked. company just lacks direction and communication.
TECH SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NS20 December 2018
typical day was to answer calls and resovle issues over the phone. i learned more about computers, cable, internet than i knew previously. managemnt for the most part changed as much as the employees. workplace became somber and boring as time went on. Hardest part of the job was dsl calls. eaisest part maestro calls.
Pros
they did provide food on occasions, cakes once a month for birthdays
Cons
work moral was way down. noone wants to stay there.
Amazing Co-Workers
T1 Tech (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NS13 December 2018
I cannot say anything bad about the center I was in.

Friendly people and a fantastic atmosphere.

I am happy to go to work everyday.

Great support
Call Centre atmosphere
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE4 October 2018
like the remote agent option to work from home with Monday to Friday hours, the hours worked well with my part-time job. Working at the centre was difficult at times with noise levels and lack of assistance on the floor. Our team leads changed multiple times in 12 months.
Cons
difficult department to work with
Tech support
Call center rep (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NS21 September 2018
If you enjoy working with technology and solving problems most cant, this job is for you. However the people who you will be speaking with are often rude and frustrated. Sometimes you'll get a very patient, kind, and sometimes even funny customer but ususally not. I dont blame the people who call in. I dont balme the company. I only wish to ensure people who apply know what theyre getting into.
Pros
Steady full time work
Cons
Working primarily with the public
friendly and helpful co workers and supervisors
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE18 September 2018
the most enjoyable part of the job was helping people and the hardest was sitting for extended periods, continuous incoming calls with any break in between
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
having to work during snow storms and having to sleep in call centre
Loved it
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE17 September 2018
Best workplace I have been in yet!! Very friendly, and easy to work with regarding scheduling. I loved working at Advantage from the day I started!! Would recommend this workplace to others.
Not bad
Tier 2 tech support (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NS5 June 2018
Over all not a bad place too work if you enjoy sitting all day people are good to work with but management has some communication issues issues with computers as well can cause issues with overall performance
Pros
Good people
Cons
Sitting long hours
Very negative call center
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NS27 May 2018
There was never positive reinforcement. You were threatened with your job all the time. The supervisors were very gossipy and not professional at all. They were the ones spreading rumors behind peoples backs. I will never work there again!

You are expected to fix every problem within 550 seconds or you get put on a verbal warning and eventually fired if you don't quit first.
Pros
Cons
Management/Supervisors
Typical call center job
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE7 February 2018
This is a typical call center job. Answering support calls from customers who have problems with their internet, phone, or cable. Not much to say other than that.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advantage Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

Advantage Communications Reviews by Location