Advantage Communications

Advantage Communications Employee Reviews

Canada55 reviews
A small contact center
Great management within the center and everyone is super great to work with. Scheduling is a challenge at times and some shifts are understaffed. Have gained a lot of customer service experience and new skills like working with new programs and troubleshooting within those programs.

But lack of pay, minimum benefits, and unreliably of the computers, systems and programs; though there are upgrades in progress over the long haul. Lack of HR, site director, or It staff on site hurt what is an overall OK place to work.
Stressed and Underpaid
Stressful job from start to finish of a shift, not paid enough for the work you do, does not matter how long you have worked for the company. Very little praise for job you do, rather punish than praise. Any bonuses you get are a joke if you actually get one. You get points to get something on a site but if you quit or are fired then you lose anything you saved up since starting. Management is sub par. Hardest part of the job is putting up with customers who have the right to abuse you verbally without any recourse. Most enjoyable part of the job is going home at the end of your shift.
Workplace review
Did not learn much working here. Okay place to work as with any call centre. Friendly staff but management is not the greatest. The job itself was somewhat demanding. However, resources were in place to assist.
Can be a bit stressful sometimes but nothing you can't handle
As a student, it was a very ideal place to work. Very flexible schedule and very good management. I enjoyed my time there. I only left because I was moving otherwise I would've stayed.
Middle management is the largest downfall
Gossip culture, unhealthy. Dirty and bugs in location. Has been spray for bed bugs at least once, possibly twice in past 5 years. If you do not fit into the clique, you will find you are picked on. Always under a microscope. Calls listened to, supervisors always being critical and not offering solutions. Everyone is dating each other or related.New staff makes the same as older staff. Don't expect fair pay. Don't expect a raise. Since starting, at least 3 HR managers have quit, looking to hire 2 more. Since starting most managers have only lasted until three month. Most new jobs are at the other spot, outside of canada.90 percent of staff are there under 2 years.
Pros
they will hire anyone
Cons
they will hire anyone
Nice People
I enjoyed the team aspect at advantage communications...everyone worked as a team and assisted one another with any situations or problems that may arise on the job
Great
I really enjoy working here. I found out this job as one of the most nicest place to work. As work doesn't feel work. I really enjoy working here.
Small company, grew too fast
Small company, grew too fast. Lack of cohesive direction from upper management. Everyone is out for themselves rather than reaching team or company goals.
Eastlink phone support
It was an OK job supporting Eastlink TV. I then moved over to another program for RightNetworks in the USA. With RN I supported mainly Quickbooks, but there were hundreds of other financial apps that I did have to support also.
Positive and Professional Work Environment
I have worked at Advantage Communications for over 7 years, and it's the best Call Centre that I have worked in. The management is always there to help you move up in the company and rooting for you and your successes.
Great Morale and Culture but Room to Grow Logistically
ACI's overall workplace morale is fantastic. Everyone seems to enjoy their job overall and interacts positively. Management is always open to helping their respective teams and always focused on growth and results. At times, I feel there could be better flexibility in terms of employee's personal needs outside of work, as work/life balance is important.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
Flexibility/work life balance needs
Great Place to Work!
I love the atmosphere, people are friendly and happy to be here!

Welcoming to new employees.

Lots of great schedule options and the opportunity to learn and grow in my career.
Pros
Free parking, Team Leaders are helpful
Cleaner
I've honestly never worked anywhere in all of my 15 years of working in various places have I received so much positive feedback and compliments about my work ethic and daily duties. It only makes me work that much harder and better and strive to be the best person I can be.
The fact that I'm working a Monday-Friday job and getting benefits there really isn't anything more I could ask for.
Pros
Health benefits, smoke breaks, diversity
Cons
Lot of on my feet
Awesome
I am on the toughest campaign here. When I started in Nov 2018 I had no clue what I was doing with the campaign I am on. I have worked in 4 different call centres. This is the best one that I have worked in. In the other campaign that I have done it was customer service and sales and very little technical support. The campaign I am on is all technical. I am little older that then other agents on the campaign but they are wonderful when I ask for help. When it is bad weather they will pay for your trip to work and home and free food.
The team leads are great too. I only thing I don't like is I have a 40 minute walk everyday
Pros
Free lunches trips to work and home in bad weather and amazing people
Cons
long walk to work
Very welcoming place
Very welcoming and understanding, always able to help with learning new things,had amazing benefits for people who are on alot of meds, very creative with activity on special days
Pros
Popcorn friday
Cons
No standing desks on tech side
Best experience
This is my first fulltime job. And it's the best experience i am having right now as a beginner. I hope, can go with a better position with the same environment and quality or work.
Because I feel like a matter to the company
I have been working for Advantage Communications for 9 years and I still enjoy coming into work everyday. My day is spent assisting a team of agents to reach their work goals, while I achieve goals of my own.

I have learned that an organization is only as good as the people that work her. I have learned that change is a big part of my job, encouraging other's as well as myself to always do your best in everything that you do.

The management is just like an extended family, they are here for us when we need them the most.

The hardest part of my job is to see people not try their best when I know that they have so much more to offer us.

The best part of my job is certainly the people that work there, I love going into the center and seeing of those smiling faces. I like that we all work together as a team.
Pros
Meeting new people, changes, and how I can go to anyone in our company and they are there for me.
Cons
Sometimes there are not enough hours in a day to complete all that I want to do.
Advantage is Fantastic
This has been a great place and company to work for for nearly a decade now . No place I would rather be ! Always ready and willing to assist with training and advancement .
Pros
Flexibility on shifts and
Cons
site closure
I've worked here almost 9 years and I will work here until I retire hopefully
Having worked in the Call Centre industry since 2001 at various companies I decidedly would not want to work at another Contact Centre than Advantage.

I've worked with several of their clients in various roles and locations, and no matter what role I was in they were always ready to help accommodate my needs and have provided ample room for advancement.

From the minute you walk into Reception for your initial interview, you are treated with respect and you are welcomed into the ACI family.
Pros
Feeling like a meaningful member of a Team
Cons
Can't think of any
Love my coworkers
Good spot!
Good hours!

Bilingual jobs opportunities!

Lots of staff events!

WE HAVE CAKE EVERY MONTH!!!

Management / HR are agreeable.

Benefits are decent too!
Pros
the people
Cons
location
summary
great place to work. met amazing people. i loved working there. was a bit far for me to work but overall great experience. loved the experience and looking foward
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advantage Communications. Our community is ready to answer.