Advanced Safety Paramedics

Advanced Safety Paramedics Employee Reviews for Medic

Medic4 reviews
Canada4 reviews

Very long time employee, and very happy

You make your job good or bad. I am taken care of and made sure i have everything i need for my job. Yes we have long hours but we do what the contactor wants.

Pros

most of my travel is paid for, problems have been taken care of in a timely manner

Cons

every job has cons i can't think of any at this moment.

Good job if you know how to bake

You will never get any work experience if you're stuck on a drilling site. All medical supplies are expired including AED pads, so you would never be prepared in the event of an actual emergency. The yard looks like a junk yard and at night, there's no lighting and its in the middle of no where. Very uncomfortable when youre having to be there at midnight to drop off a truck. Is you want to be paid for baking, knitting or playing X box all day, this is the job for you. Pay is fair considering there's no work to do.

Insights into Advanced Safety Paramedics

What people like
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Support from manager
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energizing work tasks

One of the lowest in the industry

Working here you will only be paid minimum wage with no pay for travel to or from site daily. They cut every corner they can paying staff. You get your hourly rate at minimum wage only and nothing more then the 12 hours a day even if you work more. LOA is the lowest paid here as well. This medic company pays the lowest in the industr They have old equipment with no maintenance over the units. Low levels of stock. The online paperwork is a joke. Someone already said they do whatever the oil company wants even if that means horrible work conditions for their medics which is very true. The main medics they have working for them are not friendly. I disliked working them, maybe for uncomfortable work place. Rotation was never as wanted and ample time off.

Pros

Motel

Cons

Wage, Medical Equipment, Mtc, Coworkers, Rotation, Time Of

Happy to Be out in the field

A typical day at work involved being up at 5;30 to attend safety meetings or doing gate control on most sites, doing a walk around the site. Meet everyone on site. Do sign in's and check tickets when safety air hands had to do walk around. I learned lots about drilling rigs and other job tasks that were happening on site. Co-workers were amazing to work with and be around Nothing too hard about the job, maybe dealing with some 3rd parties that came onto site. Enjoyable part of my job was everything! Loved the experience and would do it in a heart beat again!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advanced Safety Paramedics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement