Advanced Safety Paramedics

Advanced Safety Paramedics Employee Reviews

This company has some unique oppurtunities and new ideas that sets them apart from all similar companies. The owner is experienced in this field as well as most of the management staff. They have a solid reputation in the business for properlly stocked units that go above and beyond any other company i have worked for. All units are new and tracked via GPS to help out staff with there locations and monitoring. All MTC's are Tufport, the best as far as im concerned. Some companies out there still use sundowners and are less concerned about the safety of the patient or medic.
Pros
Always has work for me
Cons
Remote sites
Been with the company for 3 years now and I've loved working for them. Great wages, awesome experience and friendly management. A couple of times I needed to head home unexpectedly, they did everything to get me out that day. Come winter time, if it was to late for me to drive home, they would pay for my hotel to stay the night and I can leave then next morning. If 'm running low on food, just one call away to have food delivered to me. Never had a company do that for me. Proud to work for this company.
Working here you will only be paid minimum wage with no pay for travel to or from site daily. They cut every corner they can paying staff. You get your hourly rate at minimum wage only and nothing more then the 12 hours a day even if you work more. LOA is the lowest paid here as well. This medic company pays the lowest in the industr They have old equipment with no maintenance over the units. Low levels of stock. The online paperwork is a joke. Someone already said they do whatever the oil company wants even if that means horrible work conditions for their medics which is very true. The main medics they have working for them are not friendly. I disliked working them, maybe for uncomfortable work place. Rotation was never as wanted and ample time off.
Pros
Motel
Cons
Wage, Medical Equipment, Mtc, Coworkers, Rotation, Time Of
This is not the company to work for, yes there is steady work but you will be making minimum wage on 12h days. No paid travel or overtime. Outdated equipment and scheduling is all over the place. Even the consultants get tired of dealing with the management in office. If you want a good rep as a Medic in the patch I would highly recommend a different company to work for.
Pros
some work
Cons
Incompetent Staff, both medics and management
This job provides me with a great overview of the EMR role on a drilling site in rural northern Alberta. I am gaining valuable knowledge that I will be able to put to use for many years to come. The management is very good at staying in contact with you while you are on site and away from home.
A typical day at work involved being up at 5;30 to attend safety meetings or doing gate control on most sites, doing a walk around the site. Meet everyone on site. Do sign in's and check tickets when safety air hands had to do walk around. I learned lots about drilling rigs and other job tasks that were happening on site. Co-workers were amazing to work with and be around Nothing too hard about the job, maybe dealing with some 3rd parties that came onto site. Enjoyable part of my job was everything! Loved the experience and would do it in a heart beat again!