Advanced Safety Paramedics

Advanced Safety Paramedics Employee Reviews

Canada13 reviews

Good in explaining job requirement s

Their patience in explaining job related specifics is worth mentioning, because they use both verbal and direct video links in such a way that makes you grasp what is needed fairly quick, which enhances your confidence in doing the job as needed. However, since most employees are on the road most of the times, less paper work would certainly help employee productivity.

Pros

Ready to help

Cons

No stipend

Good job if you know how to bake

You will never get any work experience if you're stuck on a drilling site. All medical supplies are expired including AED pads, so you would never be prepared in the event of an actual emergency. The yard looks like a junk yard and at night, there's no lighting and its in the middle of no where. Very uncomfortable when youre having to be there at midnight to drop off a truck. Is you want to be paid for baking, knitting or playing X box all day, this is the job for you. Pay is fair considering there's no work to do.

Insights into Advanced Safety Paramedics

What people like
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Support from manager
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energizing work tasks

Great company to work with

The management is really good, always understanding, supportive, makes sure the employee is safe at all times. Great pay and benefits. Love working for ASPEMS and would highly recommend to anyone.

Pros

Work-life balance

Your not just a number here !

I’ve been working for ASP since 2014Great work life balance Over average wages Your not just a number here , so many companies make you feel like you’re just another name on the list well this company won’t, this company will make you feel like a valuable employee, over the years they’ve always been good to me and they have always gone out of their way to find me work even in the slowest of times. You will always have what you need on the job site and They have good quality equipment and reliable vehicles. They are fair and the management is easy to talk to. Overall great to work for !

Very long time employee, and very happy

You make your job good or bad. I am taken care of and made sure i have everything i need for my job. Yes we have long hours but we do what the contactor wants.

Pros

most of my travel is paid for, problems have been taken care of in a timely manner

Cons

every job has cons i can't think of any at this moment.

Drilling

I’ve been with this company for almost 4 months now and I’m super happy with my experience so far, pick up of all my equipment has been seamless and they are great about making sure you have everything you need in the field and I’m excited to see their new facility. They have tons of work and keep you busy with no more downtime than what you request which is a plus for me. Having a guaranteed income during Covid is important and they have been accommodating to days off.

Pros

Consistency.

One of the top three worst private medical companies to work for

This is a hard question. Usually a person could say that the position met their expectations and that it was a pleasure to work for but it would be wrong. My first impression of their 'yard' fell flat completely. A few trucks were parked in among a assortment of abandoned used vehicles. It looked like a used car lot more than anything else. The interior of the building where they stored their equipment was a mess. Pieces of medical equipment was strewn about the table. You can expect that if your re-packing but the amount of dust on everything and anything was way too much. If they were looking for something that could make their company stand out...they missed it totally

Pros

steady work

Cons

tense work atmosphere

Very Professional cutting edge services

This company has some unique oppurtunities and new ideas that sets them apart from all similar companies. The owner is experienced in this field as well as most of the management staff. They have a solid reputation in the business for properlly stocked units that go above and beyond any other company i have worked for. All units are new and tracked via GPS to help out staff with there locations and monitoring. All MTC's are Tufport, the best as far as im concerned. Some companies out there still use sundowners and are less concerned about the safety of the patient or medic.

Pros

Always has work for me

Cons

Remote sites

Great company to work for.

Been with the company for 3 years now and I've loved working for them. Great wages, awesome experience and friendly management. A couple of times I needed to head home unexpectedly, they did everything to get me out that day. Come winter time, if it was to late for me to drive home, they would pay for my hotel to stay the night and I can leave then next morning. If 'm running low on food, just one call away to have food delivered to me. Never had a company do that for me. Proud to work for this company.

One of the lowest in the industry

Working here you will only be paid minimum wage with no pay for travel to or from site daily. They cut every corner they can paying staff. You get your hourly rate at minimum wage only and nothing more then the 12 hours a day even if you work more. LOA is the lowest paid here as well. This medic company pays the lowest in the industr They have old equipment with no maintenance over the units. Low levels of stock. The online paperwork is a joke. Someone already said they do whatever the oil company wants even if that means horrible work conditions for their medics which is very true. The main medics they have working for them are not friendly. I disliked working them, maybe for uncomfortable work place. Rotation was never as wanted and ample time off.

Pros

Motel

Cons

Wage, Medical Equipment, Mtc, Coworkers, Rotation, Time Of

Terrible Company

This is not the company to work for, yes there is steady work but you will be making minimum wage on 12h days. No paid travel or overtime. Outdated equipment and scheduling is all over the place. Even the consultants get tired of dealing with the management in office. If you want a good rep as a Medic in the patch I would highly recommend a different company to work for.

Pros

some work

Cons

Incompetent Staff, both medics and management

Great Work Experience in Medical Industry - Remote Alberta

This job provides me with a great overview of the EMR role on a drilling site in rural northern Alberta. I am gaining valuable knowledge that I will be able to put to use for many years to come. The management is very good at staying in contact with you while you are on site and away from home.

Happy to Be out in the field

A typical day at work involved being up at 5;30 to attend safety meetings or doing gate control on most sites, doing a walk around the site. Meet everyone on site. Do sign in's and check tickets when safety air hands had to do walk around. I learned lots about drilling rigs and other job tasks that were happening on site. Co-workers were amazing to work with and be around Nothing too hard about the job, maybe dealing with some 3rd parties that came onto site. Enjoyable part of my job was everything! Loved the experience and would do it in a heart beat again!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advanced Safety Paramedics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement