Adultmart Employee Reviews

Not worth it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Philadelphia, OH29 April 2019
The hours range anywhere from 4 hour shift, to a 10 hour shift.

The old manager was amazing, but unfortunately she moved to a bigger store. The new manager should have never gotten that position. She's incompetent to say the least. OCD about the most insignificant issues, like how much cleaner to put in the mop bucket...yes, seriously. She complained about it more than once.

Manager expected her employees to have $40-$50 Average Ticket, but she would have an embarrassing $20 +/- AT. Any salesperson who works twice as many hours as her employees, should have an outstanding AT.

If the manager didn't like you, she'd reduce your hours. She's nice to everyone's face but talks about them as soon as they're out of earshot. She also blamed other employees for HER mistakes. She can't own up to anything she did wrong. She knows she's not qualified for that job.
Pros
Fun working at a sex shop
Cons
A pretty fun place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OH22 May 2018
As long as you learn the product knowledge and pledge to only tell your customers the truth, working based on their best interest and not based on what sort of commission you might make, you're sure to have a fine time working at Adultmart.
Adultmart is about quantity of employees rather than quality
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Macksburg, OH22 May 2018
Adultmart likes to hire more employees at a lower rate and give them more hours rather than giving hours to higher rate. I did not enjoy the split shifts, or the rudeness of some employees that management would keep on staff.
it sucked
Romance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lima, OH9 February 2018
it sucked i had a stalker that followed me home that was a regular customer there he was continuing to come in evan after i reported it to my manager and she wouldn't do anything about it
Productive and fun
84 Video (Current Employee) –  Kingsville, OH18 December 2017
On a daily basis I was able to educate customers on anything they had questions about. I was able to attend meetings that would better my knowledge so I could help not only my customers, but my employee's as well.
Great customers, bad management
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Canton, OH27 October 2017
The upper management are cut throat. They will get rid of you for no reason. The customers are great and the pay is nice but there is no work/family balance at all.
Awesome customers, and fun workplace
Romance specialist (Former Employee) –  Ohio17 December 2016
It was fun working for them met great people. But when it came to the management we had a new one came in like every 2 months. They're always short on employees so I will get called in a lot, and pretty much no time for anything else.
Pros
Discounts on products, free stuff from meetings
Cons
No lunch breaks, only time you had a break was when no one is in the store.
It was a job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH24 August 2016
There is little to recommend Adultmart. Adverts claim a competitive salary with commission. In reality this is a minimum wage job that offers limited compensation for sales. Guidelines are not always clear and promotion is rare.Scheduling is a nightmare, full and part time status subject to change without prior notice.
Not a good place to work
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Willoughby, OH31 July 2016
The management in corporate do not care about their employees nor have any respect. They try their hardest not to advance you in this company and when they do, they try to pay you the lowest amount while fast food restaurant managers make more than a store manager. It is a joke of a job. Only thing I personally liked about it was working with customers.
Cons
No scheduled lunches or breaks
Romance specialist
Romance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Amherst, OH11 February 2016
I loved my job, I was the number one sales associate. I got along great with all the employees. My customers were so much fun to help. Management was a little bit bias and unfair. I learned a lot at my job, pretty much anything you need to know about adult novelty. The hardest part of my job was not getting the respect and recourses I deserved for the amount of work I did. And the most enjoyable part of my job was when my customers would ask "wow how long have you worked here, you know every detail about every product in this store".
Pros
Getting to attend vendor meetings
Cons
manager favortizim
How to take a job that should be great and make it horrible
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OH17 August 2015
I love working in the adult area. I do, I have worked on my own selling marital aids and I have worked for a company like this. First of all, they offer you almost no training. I haven't worker there in months and when I went in to shop last week two new employees asked me nicely to help them. I ended up doing product knowledge training for over 2 hours. This is unacceptable. When your working somewhere that you need to be attentive, sensitive, fun, and knowledgeable about your products so that you get the best experience... they should have had this training. You could be harming someones relationship, their health, and their mind. Not even going into how they treat their employees, and I'm taking corporate not in-store manager, this is not an ideal place to work. I loved my job here, because I was great at it and I enjoyed helping people explore this aspect of their life in a healthy and safer manner. But even after being fired they asked me to come back as a manager because the one who fired me was doing a lot of, not great things. I still didn't go back. They hire children who have no idea what they are talking about and pay them minimum wadge. You simply cannot run a business such as this in this manner.
Pros
Wonderful customers on occasion
Cons
everything else
it was interesting
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH22 July 2015
I made new skills. Although i knew i was good at communicating. I had to sell products, and that was the hard part. But other than that I loved it. and my coworkers.
Horrible management and lousy work environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niles, OH6 January 2015
The management at the AdultMart store (Niles Books and News) in Niles, Ohio is unprofessional and lewd. Managers get into your personal life and make that more of a priority than your professional issues. Also, favorites are definitely played between employees, and the least favorite gets treated poorly. Not only is the establishment not a good working environment, but the people working for this company are less than professional. Horrible, horrible work experience.
fun environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Erie, PA18 February 2014
I enjoyed the various types of people that would come into the store. People see what type of business it is and assume the worse....but it really is not like the movies. It is a respectable store and a comfortable environment.
Pros
Meeting all kinds of different people
Cons
upper management and corporate people not being on same page
Productive Day
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OH9 December 2013
The sales associate would open/close the store. we all had our own keys. I would go to the bank. Process the shipment. Help the customers locate merchandise. I learned about the product before selling it to the customer. our crew was small and we ran the store. There wasn't a hard part to the job. The enjoyable part was ordering product for the customers.
Fun place to work and share ideas
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH3 March 2013
We would help customers make personal decisions about products. I learned to be sensitive to the customers needs and not to judge any one on their decisions. We all tried to give each other different selling tips and different ideas for selling our products. The hardest part of the job was personal security and the security of the store. The most enjoyable part of the job was that you never knew who was going to walk through the door.
Pros
discount on products, met a lot of people, was comfortable working with coworkers.
Cons
you had to eat while working, could be dangerous working alone
Productive, adverse atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Canton, OH18 January 2013
My job deals with knowing all information on the items in the store. I ring out customers while chatting with them. My co-workers are fun to be around. The hardest thing about my job is learning all the new materials and the most enjoyable part about my job is meeting new people and the conversations that take place.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
no breaks, and not flexable on work schedule