ADT Security Services Employee Reviews

Found 198 reviews matching the search See all 4,127 reviews
Bad Management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 January 2019
ADT > I worked in retention. The management is making these unreal goals to accomplish. You can not succeed by their goals and expectations.
The managers give raises to their friends, and they are not fair with how they give them out... This is where a union would be great.
They actually lie and cheat, so that they owner of the company who is in the states does not know what is going on. If he did, they would be outsourcing.
There is alot of yelling and talking in the background when you are on the phone, and the management does not support you with this. They have WFM who watches everything that you do, and the times that you go the bathroom, or are off the phones.
It is very much controlled when they ( management ) want it to me. There are rules for you, and rules for others.
Hard to get time off to go to the doctors. Heartless management.
Pros
Reasonable pay
Cons
Heartless and Unfair Management
Freedom to make money
Senior Account Manager- Small Business (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2018
Good work life balance.
Poor management
managers favor some reps
Good commission
Politics
no respect to new employees
Good Brand name
no base salary
lost in crowd
Pros
free dom
Tough competition between sales force
Commercial Division sales (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 January 2019
Lots of earning potential but some internal staff issues with constantly changing management. They couldn't seem to hire the correct candidates from the available candidates. All management eventually got let go after a few months.
Pros
Met some great people I still enjoy seeing.
Cons
Disfunctional office at times.
Stay Away!!!
Branch Manager, British Columbia (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 February 2019
Company is falling apart. They layoff employees almost in a monthly basis now. They manage by fear. The brand is not relevant in canada anymore. Probably will be sold to phone company soon,
Pros
Cons
Low pay, low moral, horrible 'culture'
Productive and caring place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC9 December 2018
Flexible and very supportive environment. a lot to learn via on line training module and by the manager.flexible work hours, Lots of reward and recognition by the management..
Pros
free coffee and beverages.
Cons
n/a
disconnection in inter departemental communication
customer corresponce associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 October 2018
in general the work environment is good but there is a clash between the company's values and the culture. also, there is a lack of fluent communication between departments and that makes it difficult to provide the optimal service in a timely manner
Good starter job - don't plan on retiring from call centre (maybe possible from other positions)
Emergency Dispatch Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 August 2018
nothing different a lot of other companies' employees have gone through
- don't stay too long
- layoffs (cost-cutting) occur occasionally
- emphasis on less expensive labour and releasing older more expensive employees
- medical/dental benefits changed (less coverage for more cost)
Pros
not expected to do overtime - if so it is paid
Cons
don't stay too long
It's just not the same anymore
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 October 2018
ADT changed a lot and to me and it's just not the same anymore! It's always too busy and there not enough time in a day to get everything done. The staff and the technician that I worked with was the best part of my day and I miss them very much.
Pros
The staff
Horrible place to work
Small Business Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 November 2018
Bad management, bad decisions, expensive products, they treat their employees very badly. I do not recommend working here at all. Worst company I have ever worked for.
Decent Job
Alarm Guard Security Dealer (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK29 September 2018
required to knock doors 12 months a year. the staff are pretty fun to work with. the pay is ok... on paper it looks good until deductions come.. then half your pay check goes out the window lol
Pros
fun staff
Cons
can be long hours and frustrating
Disorganized, unethical, deceitful and stressful.
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 February 2019
7.5 hours of listening to customer complaints. Very negative experience. Low pay and lots of responsibilities. Training is inadequate. Company has a high turnover rate. Customers are not satisfied. Employee morale is at an all time low and it shows. You can feel the toxic environment the second.you walk into the building. Stress level is through the roof
Pros
None.
Cons
The only thing that counts are matrixs.
Conducts 7/7 Shifts
Manager Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 September 2018
Flexable Shifts, long hours as well as 7/7 or 5/2 days. Can shift trade with other coworkers if needed.
Consistent upgrading on manuals and customer service.
Pros
Flexable shifts
Cons
Long Hours
Unhealthy work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 January 2018
My advice to anyone who think joining this company to think twice , not for nothing but just it’s a waste of time if you are looking for a stable job . They recruit at first then after the first probation period they will call you and say your performance is not at the expectation of the company goals , so if you are lucky they will say we are going to extend your probation for three month more and by that time they will call you again and say we are sorry your contract is terminated you did not meet the expectation we thought you will do. The people in their are not really bad their is some nice persons but still always their is some bad apples. To be brief it’s an unhealthy place and enviroment and you will see a lot of people come in and go every month dozens of them never stay and those who get in their and work hard they get lay off after a certain period of time easily .
Pros
No benefits
Cons
They already cut the hours to 37.5 with a non payed lunch
Great Place to Work till Management Changed
Bilingual National Account / Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 June 2018
Started in Credit, Worked on National Accounts & Banks after acquisition, once cleared, larger portfolio was assigned, worked on EDI with customers, met to go over needs and wants to simplify invoicing issues. Learned about billing, Month End Analysis, Budget Forecasting, Audits. Promoted to Business Analyst Role, Worked on RFD / Tenders...Worked on Dashboards, Production & Commission, Supervised 1 year for Sales and Billing Manager on Leave.
Pros
Various Work never Redundant
Cons
Long Hours, Working all night
Trash
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 February 2019
ADT is one of the top ten worse companies to work for. The believe they can treat their employees the same way they treat their customers anyway they want to and that they will stay with them.
Pros
None.
Cons
Dog eat dog and every man for himself. Teamwork none. Everyone walks on eggshells.
Selfish and deceitful company
Residential Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Canada11 September 2018
I was brought into the company with the understanding that the schedule was flexible, but as soon as I started I had to work 12 hour days prioritizing the job over my own personal health, family, and life in general. I am all about hard work, but when your job tells you, you cannot make plans in order to fulfill their lack of employees then somethings wrong. The manager at my branch was a snake of a mattress salesman. He forced us to do dirty tactics in order to make sales, which was the final straw for me.
Cons
12 hour days, on minimum wage.
Very limited support or help from management. Get ready to go it alone.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 September 2018
I was left sitting at a cubicle, my coat on the back of my chair for over 2 weeks before someone even asked me my name and title.

Lots of cold calling over the phone, door knocking. Friendly work place. Employees will help each other to cope. It was fun to learn all that high tech has to offer today's home security client.

Best part: meeting the people you quote for. Hardest part: to get a stranger to commit to a contract.
Pros
select your own lunch period.
Cons
work some nights and some saturdays, no real leadership/support
Productive and Fun workplace
SERVICE ARE CO-ORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 May 2018
Very productive environment , People work hard and very professional but poor salary for what employee give.
They need to consider motivation for the employees , the will keep them for longr time
If you like to be used and abused
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON6 October 2017
I only worked under one good manager, all the rest were selfish and self-serving.
There is no stability with constant restructuring.
There is no balance to the workload, you are expected to be a top performer with little training or management support.
Departments are poorly structured and the culture mostly passes the buck and a revolving door of new people coming in and the senior staff quitting.
Employee morale is at an all-time low.
Multiple Labour board complaints have been launched by current and former employees
Pros
Cons
poor management, unreasonable expectations, high cost of benefits, lower than average earnings for required workload
ADT is a productive and friendly work envirnment
Retention-Loyalty Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 May 2018
A typical day consists of serving customers that have questions or problems with their accounts. The management provides training and support along the way, fostering team spirit and positive work atmosphere. This is important as the job is fast-paced and can be stressful at times. I am required to be flexible, organized and persistent; therefore, it has been a fruitful experience overall.
Pros
training, supportive staff, and great team
Cons
can be stressful and many applications and programs must be learned

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ADT Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K