ADT Security Services Employee Reviews

Previously worked for this company
Small Business Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 May 2018
I worked for this company more than a few years ago so much time has passed a and I cannot accurately review this company. Good luck with your future endeavors.
ADT is a productive and friendly work envirnment
Retention-Loyalty Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 May 2018
A typical day consists of serving customers that have questions or problems with their accounts. The management provides training and support along the way, fostering team spirit and positive work atmosphere. This is important as the job is fast-paced and can be stressful at times. I am required to be flexible, organized and persistent; therefore, it has been a fruitful experience overall.
Pros
training, supportive staff, and great team
Cons
can be stressful and many applications and programs must be learned
Productive and Fun workplace
SERVICE ARE CO-ORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 May 2018
Very productive environment , People work hard and very professional but poor salary for what employee give.
They need to consider motivation for the employees , the will keep them for longr time
Adt
Project Manager / PMO (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 March 2018
Great challenging work environment, good project and PMO structure.
Recent changes not as beneficial for Canadian employees.
Great work culture and team
travaille agreable sains et productif enrgique
Vendeur porte a porte (Former Employee) –  Sainte-Thérèse, QC12 February 2018
travaille cher adt est merveilleux emplois deter parfait
ADT Authorize Dealer
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 February 2018
Goingtohomesand installing security systems. Hardest part is selling customers. i learn how to sell systems and install them. It take 1 hour to intall
Pros
travelling
Cons
long Hours
High intensity
Administrator and Operations Manager-In-Training (Former Employee) –  British Columbia, Canada5 February 2018
Large and fast paced environment. Need to be able to multitask and deal with customers and staff at the same time. Sales are the main driver to all departments.
Nice place and people are lovely
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 February 2018
I'm a good person, and I like to do my job properly, I take seriously what my boss ask me to do.we save people lives with our alarm system. Especially the life call systems
Unhealthy work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 January 2018
My advice to anyone who think joining this company to think twice , not for nothing but just it’s a waste of time if you are looking for a stable job . They recruit at first then after the first probation period they will call you and say your performance is not at the expectation of the company goals , so if you are lucky they will say we are going to extend your probation for three month more and by that time they will call you again and say we are sorry your contract is terminated you did not meet the expectation we thought you will do. The people in their are not really bad their is some nice persons but still always their is some bad apples. To be brief it’s an unhealthy place and enviroment and you will see a lot of people come in and go every month dozens of them never stay and those who get in their and work hard they get lay off after a certain period of time easily .
Pros
No benefits
Cons
They already cut the hours to 37.5 with a non payed lunch
Dedicated and Motivated
False Alarm Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON27 November 2017
I am ready to join a team and work hard toward building a successful company. I enjoy challenges and always put 100% toward any task on hand. I look forward to be given a chance.
A nice company with huge potential
Account Receivable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 November 2017
The good things
Great culture, people and remuneration structure that clearly outlines your objectives to be met. These are followed up with progress updates to keep you focused and on track. I was promoted twice in 3 years.
The challenges
Restructure causing a lot of knowledge and experience to leave the business. My redundancy came based off an interview rather than the consideration of the past 1/2 years hard work and effort. The person who remained between our combined roles has since left and my professional life hasn't been the same.
Stay away- horrible gong show
sales (Former Employee) –  Anonymous13 November 2017
Biggest alarm company but way too many changes to the point where no one knows what is going on. New hires aren’t trained and the overall morale is the lowest I’ve seen in any company. It’s unfortunate that management only cares about bringing in new business and then customers can’t get service after the sale. Installers aren’t trained properly and have constant issues. The company is in utter chaos
Magnificent training
Small Business sales (Former Employee) –  Mississauga8 November 2017
Great team work environment.
Excellent training program.
Typically on the road all day, but they have shared workspace in the office for us roadrunners.
Great industry, constant restructuring
Management (Former Employee) –  QC7 November 2017
Work hours are flexible but requires more then 40hrs a week to be productive and effective.The hardest part is the turnover and the constant restructuring.The staff is great and the industry is very dynamic.
Pros
Great people and industry
Cons
restructuring and turnover
Fun. dynamic work environment
Apprentice Install Technician (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 October 2017
ADT is a great company to work for. They have good pay and great benefits. A typical day at work is either upgrading or installing a completely new security system for residential customers. I enjoyed learning about the different security systems especially the home automation end of things.
Pros
good pay, great benefits
Cons
slow time with a lack of work
ok place to work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 October 2017
there work culture was ok nothing exceptional about working at adt but it was a decent experience. cant say i would not recommend them as a place to work
Benefits are great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 October 2017
For the overall job its a great environment to work at, the pay is horrible.
A typical day is a lot of driving and just as many phone calls, the hardest part of my job was managerment
If you like to be used and abused
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON6 October 2017
I only worked under one good manager, all the rest were selfish and self-serving.
There is no stability with constant restructuring.
There is no balance to the workload, you are expected to be a top performer with little training or management support.
Departments are poorly structured and the culture mostly passes the buck and a revolving door of new people coming in and the senior staff quitting.
Employee morale is at an all-time low.
Multiple Labour board complaints have been launched by current and former employees
Pros
Cons
poor management, unreasonable expectations, high cost of benefits, lower than average earnings for required workload
Adt review. Great company to work for
sales representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 October 2017
Great company to work for. Management take the time to help you excell. Awesome and motivating company atmosphere. Highly Recommend to work for this company.
This was a good job experience
Installation Coordinator and Service (Former Employee) –  St Laurent, QC27 September 2017
I learned a lot about myself working at this company. Many of their employees have been there a long time and some are set in their ways, besides that most of the directors and staff were extremely pleasant to work with. I was a contract employee at the time and I loved the policies and procedures at ADT and in my opinion this place taught me what my experience and capacities are in the corporate world. I will forever be eternally grateful for this part/experience in my life.
Pros
Very good teachers, easy traning and most of the time a great environment to work in
Cons
Meet ressistance when implimenting change...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ADT Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.

41K