ADT Security Services Employee Reviews

Found 184 reviews matching the search See all 4,001 reviews
Lieu de travail convivial
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 November 2018
Lieu de travail convivial où tout le monde se sens à l'aise.
J'ai appris le travail en équipe et la considération de l'autre. L'ambiance du travail donne envie de rester, mais on doit partir pour revenir demain. Le management est ouvert et transparent et la discipline est de rigueur.
Horrible place to work
Small Business Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 November 2018
Bad management, bad decisions, expensive products, they treat their employees very badly. I do not recommend working here at all. Worst company I have ever worked for.
It was fun, but not productive
ALARM GUARD (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 November 2018
Selling home security equipment door-to-door is an unfruitful commission work. However, what made it bearable was the energy of the people working with me. The trips to other cities in Ontario were also fun
Freedom to make money
Senior Account Manager- Small Business (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2018
Good work life balance.
Poor management
managers favor some reps
Good commission
Politics
no respect to new employees
Good Brand name
no base salary
lost in crowd
Pros
free dom
It's just not the same anymore
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 October 2018
ADT changed a lot and to me and it's just not the same anymore! It's always too busy and there not enough time in a day to get everything done. The staff and the technician that I worked with was the best part of my day and I miss them very much.
Pros
The staff
Decent Job
Alarm Guard Security Dealer (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK29 September 2018
required to knock doors 12 months a year. the staff are pretty fun to work with. the pay is ok... on paper it looks good until deductions come.. then half your pay check goes out the window lol
Pros
fun staff
Cons
can be long hours and frustrating
Conducts 7/7 Shifts
Manager Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 September 2018
Flexable Shifts, long hours as well as 7/7 or 5/2 days. Can shift trade with other coworkers if needed.
Consistent upgrading on manuals and customer service.
Pros
Flexable shifts
Cons
Long Hours
Selfish and deceitful company
Residential Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Canada11 September 2018
I was brought into the company with the understanding that the schedule was flexible, but as soon as I started I had to work 12 hour days prioritizing the job over my own personal health, family, and life in general. I am all about hard work, but when your job tells you, you cannot make plans in order to fulfill their lack of employees then somethings wrong. The manager at my branch was a snake of a mattress salesman. He forced us to do dirty tactics in order to make sales, which was the final straw for me.
Cons
12 hour days, on minimum wage.
Very limited support or help from management. Get ready to go it alone.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 September 2018
I was left sitting at a cubicle, my coat on the back of my chair for over 2 weeks before someone even asked me my name and title.

Lots of cold calling over the phone, door knocking. Friendly work place. Employees will help each other to cope. It was fun to learn all that high tech has to offer today's home security client.

Best part: meeting the people you quote for. Hardest part: to get a stranger to commit to a contract.
Pros
select your own lunch period.
Cons
work some nights and some saturdays, no real leadership/support
Good starter job - don't plan on retiring from call centre (maybe possible from other positions)
Emergency Dispatch Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 August 2018
nothing different a lot of other companies' employees have gone through
- don't stay too long
- layoffs (cost-cutting) occur occasionally
- emphasis on less expensive labour and releasing older more expensive employees
- medical/dental benefits changed (less coverage for more cost)
Pros
not expected to do overtime - if so it is paid
Cons
don't stay too long
Challenging
Residential Security Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 August 2018
Challenging job as you have to work many hours and try to accumulate sales from customers. Unfortunately there was little support from the office manager at the time of my employment
Job, customers amazing but there is no team.
Installer (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK11 August 2018
Run, zero communication, blame passed to everyone but the person responsible. Bad, just show up and stay under radar and you'll be gold. Every man for themselves.
Great Team Enviornment
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 July 2018
Senior management team very transparent and easy to reach out to. Lots of development tools available to succeed. I have nothing negative to say regarding this company.
Run away
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Calgary23 June 2018
This company is terrible, managers don't care about employees, there is no advancement, really low wages, you get good shifts as you go and basically sit on your ass and do nothing, really disorganized
Poor management
Billing - Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 June 2018
When we were bought by ADT the moral at our office was terrible. They let go people every 6 months so you never knew when your time was up. My manager was amazing but that changed to someone managing me from another city which was terrible. The lack of communication was horrible. We had to learn a new system which was fine but the training was terrible, we had to ask repeatedly for training.
Great Place to Work till Management Changed
Bilingual National Account / Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 June 2018
Started in Credit, Worked on National Accounts & Banks after acquisition, once cleared, larger portfolio was assigned, worked on EDI with customers, met to go over needs and wants to simplify invoicing issues. Learned about billing, Month End Analysis, Budget Forecasting, Audits. Promoted to Business Analyst Role, Worked on RFD / Tenders...Worked on Dashboards, Production & Commission, Supervised 1 year for Sales and Billing Manager on Leave.
Pros
Various Work never Redundant
Cons
Long Hours, Working all night
Previously worked for this company
Small Business Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 May 2018
I worked for this company more than a few years ago so much time has passed a and I cannot accurately review this company. Good luck with your future endeavors.
ADT is a productive and friendly work envirnment
Retention-Loyalty Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 May 2018
A typical day consists of serving customers that have questions or problems with their accounts. The management provides training and support along the way, fostering team spirit and positive work atmosphere. This is important as the job is fast-paced and can be stressful at times. I am required to be flexible, organized and persistent; therefore, it has been a fruitful experience overall.
Pros
training, supportive staff, and great team
Cons
can be stressful and many applications and programs must be learned
Productive and Fun workplace
SERVICE ARE CO-ORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 May 2018
Very productive environment , People work hard and very professional but poor salary for what employee give.
They need to consider motivation for the employees , the will keep them for longr time
Adt
Project Manager / PMO (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 March 2018
Great challenging work environment, good project and PMO structure.
Recent changes not as beneficial for Canadian employees.
Great work culture and team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ADT Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K